Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr Trump supporter acted illegally - is this acceptable?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 766 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 155 Times in 147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Okay so far, so good... kind of...

This is not true.

Many people who would vote for Trump are voting against Biden but not for Trump. Call it the lessor of two evils. I for one am in that category. Trump may be bad, but Biden will be worse in my view.

Sure, Trump's a troll and a world class narcissist but he isn't the utter and complete corrupt, self-serving, idiotic, Leftist appeasing, retard Biden is.

Your reduction of the issue eliminated the finer points of why someone would choose Trump over Biden.
    "Sure, Trump's a troll and a world class narcissist but he isn't the utter and complete corrupt, self-serving, idiotic, Leftist appeasing, retard Biden is".

That's exactly what Dotard is, one thing teabaggers (www.teaparty.org) have over ANY democrat is the lying and gaslighting.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,272 Times in 13,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Nice genetic fallacy in the form of an ad hominem. Want to respond to what's said rather than try to discredit the source?
    Not a “genetic fallacy,” a term suddenly wingers have adopted to defend their openly partisan sources, based on that logic, not accepting what the Onion puts out would be a “genetic fallacy,” established trustworthiness and common sense are the relevant judges not misused catch phrases from Logic 101

And the condemnation the House Republicans peddled was too generalized condemning basically any event occurring while the recent condemnation is over a specific event happening on a precise date and which was witnessed ongoing by all Americans

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,350 Times in 13,456 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 846 Times in 805 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Then be honest. Dutch said all law breakers should pay and you responded with "what about Dems|. I suspect they would be included in"all." Also no ad hominem. Your sources suck counts if you are the source.
    I didn't respond to Dutch's post because I agreed with it. No discussion on that needed. Here, you are conflating two different things that I never stated as such.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,625 Times in 52,599 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,516 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Blog Entries

What about Biden supporters? Should they be held to the same standard? After all:

https://freebeacon.com/2020-election...e-and-rioting/

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...e-and-rioting/

As a side note to that, you'll find not one of the usual MSM suspects has a link to this story...
    The Equal Protection Clause says all should be treated the same.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Not a “genetic fallacy,” a term suddenly wingers have adopted to defend their openly partisan sources, based on that logic, not accepting what the Onion puts out would be a “genetic fallacy,” established trustworthiness and common sense are the relevant judges not misused catch phrases from Logic 101

And the condemnation the House Republicans peddled was too generalized condemning basically any event occurring while the recent condemnation is over a specific event happening on a precise date and which was witnessed ongoing by all Americans
    I don't condemn Leftist sources out-of-hand like the Left does with Conservative and Right wing sources. So, when someone does that to a source I post, it is a genetic fallacy by definition. Attacking the source, rather than what's presented, is the epitome of a genetic fallacy. Thus when someone says something like "That's FOX News! They're worthless as a source..." or the like dismissing the information presented without rebuttal a genetic fallacy is committed.

That is exactly what Nordburg did when he posted this response:

You are really into far-right sources, aren't you?
    As he addressed that to me rather than the discussion, it also is an ad hominem.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    The Equal Protection Clause says all should be treated the same.
    Exactly. But we know they aren't being treated that way. That is a problem.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,342 Times in 9,844 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 486 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Just curious what is this thread in reference to, and what laws are Libs getting away with breaking that Cons are not????
    blm and antifa could riot for a year all over the country and media denied it was happening. trumptards riot once and it's armageddon in the media.

the double standard alone proves the bias of mm.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (03-08-2021)

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Exactly. But we know they aren't being treated that way. That is a problem.
    Who isn't being treated the same? Are you trying to come the actions of asshole protesters in Seattle to the actions of the asshole insurrectionists who attacked the Capitol?

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 41,002 Times in 32,307 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,870 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Just curious what is this thread in reference to, and what laws are Libs getting away with breaking that Cons are not????
    I believe they are referring to the laws that prohibit "mostly peaceful" protests.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Who isn't being treated the same? Are you trying to come the actions of asshole protesters in Seattle to the actions of the asshole insurrectionists who attacked the Capitol?
    For the riots over the summer, particularly the ones targeting federal buildings like the courthouse in Portland, the FBI hasn't gone to anywhere near the same lengths to identify and arrest the rioters they have for the Capitol riot, as but one example.
    The same goes for riots elsewhere. There's plenty of video where rioters are identified sufficiently on them that they could easily be arrested. One example is the woman that rented that U-Haul truck to bring riot materials to Antifa protesters in (I believe) Nashville. She should have been arrested on conspiracy charges to incite violence and rioting for her part in that riot, as another example.
    As yet a third example, CHOP / CHAZ was a textbook definition of insurrection and every participant should have been arrested and charged. That would have been relatively easy to do as they were contained. Again, the Left's actions went largely unpunished.

But, the Left's riots, arson, looting, and violence, have largely gone unpunished whereas the one Right wing one on the Capitol sees participants being hunted down nationwide--almost gleefully, particularly by the Left in cahoots with federal law enforcement.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (03-08-2021)

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For the riots over the summer, particularly the ones targeting federal buildings like the courthouse in Portland, the FBI hasn't gone to anywhere near the same lengths to identify and arrest the rioters they have for the Capitol riot, as but one example.
    The same goes for riots elsewhere. There's plenty of video where rioters are identified sufficiently on them that they could easily be arrested. One example is the woman that rented that U-Haul truck to bring riot materials to Antifa protesters in (I believe) Nashville. She should have been arrested on conspiracy charges to incite violence and rioting for her part in that riot, as another example.
    As yet a third example, CHOP / CHAZ was a textbook definition of insurrection and every participant should have been arrested and charged. That would have been relatively easy to do as they were contained. Again, the Left's actions went largely unpunished.

But, the Left's riots, arson, looting, and violence, have largely gone unpunished whereas the one Right wing one on the Capitol sees participants being hunted down nationwide--almost gleefully, particularly by the Left in cahoots with federal law enforcement.
    Not a lawyer, but I'm sure there are plenty of Sea Lawyers here who will side with you.

With the exception of those who attacked a federal building, all of the riots and confrontations are State, not Federal.

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not a lawyer, but I'm sure there are plenty of Sea Lawyers here who will side with you.

With the exception of those who attacked a federal building, all of the riots and confrontations are State, not Federal.
    So? States can ask for FBI assistance as many of those rioters crossed state lines to participate then re-crossed state lines after committing their crimes.

For example, the U-Haul lady I mentioned earlier. She was previously at Charlottesville VA, and could easily be classified as both a domestic terrorist and as a conspirator to riot and incite violence as a federal crime having participated in riots in several states.

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So? States can ask for FBI assistance as many of those rioters crossed state lines to participate then re-crossed state lines after committing their crimes.

For example, the U-Haul lady I mentioned earlier. She was previously at Charlottesville VA, and could easily be classified as both a domestic terrorist and as a conspirator to riot and incite violence as a federal crime having participated in riots in several states.
    Absolutely. It all goes to jurisdiction. It's also a matter of budgetary issues. It's not the Federal Taxpayer's responsibility to fund an FBI investigation because one city in one state are run by assholes.

Do you really want your taxes paying to solve Seattle's domestic issues? However, if a Federal crime has been committed, it's righteous that the Feds become involved.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Absolutely. It all goes to jurisdiction. It's also a matter of budgetary issues. It's not the Federal Taxpayer's responsibility to fund an FBI investigation because one city in one state are run by assholes.

Do you really want your taxes paying to solve Seattle's domestic issues? However, if a Federal crime has been committed, it's righteous that the Feds become involved.
    Absolutely. This is because if you apply the law fully to all rioters, insurrectionists, etc., now it will dramatically reduce the number of instances in the future for quite a while and overall end up costing less than letting them get away with things.

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Absolutely. This is because if you apply the law fully to all rioters, insurrectionists, etc., now it will dramatically reduce the number of instances in the future for quite a while and overall end up costing less than letting them get away with things.
    Which goes back to the point I made before; you and others are advocating full Federal rule over all Americans regardless of State's Rights.

While that may seem convenient now, I think empowering the Feds any more than they are now is a very, very bad idea. In fact, I favor taking back some powers from the Feds and giving them to the States. You and several Trump fans obviously disagree.