Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biden will vaccinate every American by May. God Bless President Biden.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Capitalist View Post
    Yeah, I hope the radical right wing extremists on this forum practice what they preach and DON'T get vaccinated and don't wear masks and attend large Gatherings. It'll be a good exercise in Darwinism.

Why should they take the vaccine when they can simply inject themselves with POISON TO STAY HEALTHY?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-07-2021), Phantasmal (03-07-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-07-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's odd. There's no telling how people will react to this virus. Some are overly cautious to the point of being obsessively fearful of leaving their home. Others think they're invulnerable or that the government is evil and being run by the Deep State (enter laughtrack here).

There are extremists for every occasion.
    She falls on the side of "the government is evil deep state" blahblah. As a wise man (Mr. Owl again) has said, "Conspiracy theorists believe that when it comes to doing good, governments are totally incompetent. But when it comes to doing evil, they're suddenly diabolically efficient at both doing evil and covering it up." lol

Her brother and s.i.l. live across the road from her. She said that she hasn't seen them since the pandemic began. They must be the other ppl you mentioned -- afraid to go out in public. Personally, I think it's because in her first book, she killed them both off.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-07-2021), Phantasmal (03-07-2021)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    If you took him to any of the masseuses I know, Owl, YOU'RE THE BEST WIFE EVER!!!!!
    Uh oh. lol

I also gave him a pedicure yesterday. By which I mean I did it, didn't pay anyone else.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,770 Times in 7,271 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Uh oh. lol

I also gave him a pedicure yesterday. By which I mean I did it, didn't pay anyone else.
    I get my pedis from an attractive podiatrist in her thirties.
    Gotta love Medicare Advantage!
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-07-2021)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I get my pedis from an attractive podiatrist in her thirties.
    Gotta love Medicare Advantage!
    I didn't know that they covered pedis unless the person is diabetic, maybe. Sweet!!

9. #21 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

I find it amusing that you silly "left wingers" think it's only "right wingers" who are refusing the Trump vaccine. My GF works at a hospital and some of her (far) "left wing" co-workers refused the shot.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Lightbringer (03-08-2021)

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I find it amusing that you silly "left wingers" think it's only "right wingers" who are refusing the Trump vaccine. My GF works at a hospital and some of her (far) "left wing" co-workers refused the shot.
    My wife is a medical professional, she refused it too.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

The release of Johnson & Johnson's Covid-19 vaccine and its partnership with Merck means that President Joe Biden expects the US to have enough Covid-19 vaccines delivered to cover every adult by the end of May.
    If Johnson & Johnson and fellow vaccine makers Moderna and Pfizer meet their vaccine pledges, the bigger question we may soon be facing isn't whether we have enough doses of Covid-19 vaccines, but whether people will actually take them.
    Recent polling suggests a continued drop in the vaccine hesitant population as more and more people get vaccinated in the US.
    The past two weeks alone, there were two polls that show just how much vaccine hesitancy has declined. The Kaiser Family Foundation poll found that 55% of adults say they now want a Covid-19 vaccine as soon as possible or have already received their first dose. That's up from 47% in January and 34% in December.
    While the percentage of hardline "get it only if required" or "definitely not" has remained fairly consistent at or just north of 20%, the hesitant population of "wait and see how it's working" has dropped by nearly half during the last two months from 39% to 22%.
    Axios/Ipsos polling shows a similar trendline. A mere 13% of adults said in September they would get a Covid-19 vaccine as soon as it was made available to them. That jumped to 27% in early December to 43% in early January. Now, 57% say they have already received the vaccine or will get it as soon as possible.
    Like in the Kaiser polling, the hardline vaccine resistant population (i.e. people who say they will not get the vaccine or will only get it if forced) is basically the same size now (18%) as it was in September (23%) and early January (19%).
    More people who say they will wait a period of time (a few weeks to a year or more) to get the vaccine has decreased rapidly: 64% in September, 51% in early December, 38% in early January and 28% now.
    Unfortunately, it will be hard to convince the vaccine resistant population. The fact that this proportion of the population has remained fairly constant (at around 20%) is an indication that even a load of evidence that the vaccines are safe and effective and is our most likely path back to a normally functioning society won't shift them.
    The good news is that the declining percentage of those in the middle (i.e. the vaccine hesitant) is what we would expect as more and more people are safely vaccinated. Even before the FDA approved the vaccines, I pointed out that a big driver of vaccine hesitancy was that people wanted to know the vaccine was safe and effective.
    It's still the case that willingness to get the vaccine is correlated with vaccine knowledge and knowing people who have gotten the vaccine.
    To reach herd immunity through vaccination, scientists believe somewhere between 70% and 90% of the population will need a vaccination. We will only reach that percentage if more people in the vaccine hesitant population become convinced to take the vaccine as soon as it is made available to them.
    That's why the next few months will be key. Given Johnson & Johnson's one shot regimen and Pfizer and Moderna's two-shot regimen, we are still a few months away from there being enough vaccines for everybody.
    If the current vaccine delivery timeframes hold and the lionshare of vaccine hesitant people convert into those who will get the vaccine immediately, we could have enough vaccines for every adult who wants one even earlier than the end of May -- and we'll have a much better chance of containing the coronavirus.
    Rapin' Joe will PERSONALLY grope every woman & child to be sure the right spot is located for the vaccination...
    DemoKKKrats: The dangerous fascist psychopaths Orwell warned us about.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to War=Peace For This Post:

anatta (03-08-2021)