Thread: Colin Kaepernick called!!!

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    He can have a job when he can perform on par with or slightly less than Tom Brady.

Until he gets a job, he has TWENTY MILLION IN THE BANK AND HAS BECOME A CELEBRATED HERO ALL OVER THE WORLD, AS HAS BLACK LIVES MATTER WHICH HAS NINETY MILLION IN THE BANK AND IS ALSO CELEBRATED ALL OVER THE WORLD. THE NFL ALSO THRIVES WITH UNTOLD BILLIONS IN THE BANK AS HAVE NFL PLATERS WHO HAVE SEEN THEIR FORTUNES RISE.

YOU AND TRUMP HAVE FAILED AND SOON YOU CAN TEXT HIS ASS IN PRISON TO TELL HIM SO.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

Matt Dillon (03-07-2021)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-07-2021)

4. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I’m from Oakland. The home of the Black Panthers. There are people here who boycott the NFL because the owners are a bunch of racist white men who blackballed Kaepernick (and will not hire black coaches and GM’s).

(These folks aren’t Republicans)
    And they don’t join racist Republican causes AND THEY HATE TRUMP AND THE GOP FAR MORE THAN THEY HATE THE NFL WHICH THEY BOYCOTT EVERYTIME THEY VOTE. CASPER IS RIGHT, YOU MAY LIVE IN OAKLAND, BUT YOU DON’T REALLY KNOW THEM.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-07-2021)

6. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    And they rely on stunts to get the ball forwards, till either their body wears out or defenses figure it out....THAT is Kap.

He could only be useful to a team now as bench warmer/mascot.
    Then don’t watch the NFL. Obviously you aren’t missed.

7. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Exactly. So what's the hold up?

I expected the Trump TV announcement on Inauguration Day. Then I expected something at the CPAC. Is Trump burned out?
    BECAUSE HE IS GOING TO NEED all the money he can get and hold onto and no bank wants his failed business.

Additionally, anything hr starts now becomes subject to the IRS taking it away.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Althea (03-07-2021)

9. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No one is pure (other than God) so you will not get an argument from me there. We are all hypocrites in one way or another. However, if you're going to regularly call out hypocrisy you have to be willing to do it to people who agree with you politically.

The NFL is a battle you can pick. It's an enjoyment, not a necessity. If it was something your life depended on it might be harder to fight. But if one isn't willing to sacrifice a pleasure in the name of not supporting racism...?
    You are not in the fight against racism, not because you’re white, but because you choose not to be. No problem, but conversely, you don’t get to critique those who are. Of course you can say anything you want, but who is going to listen to it? It has no real meaning. If you’re paying close attention, MUCH has changed in the NFL and those changes come through the work of people who are actually in the fight, not from people who sit outside of it and presume to have something to say worth listening to. No offense intended.

10. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    BECAUSE HE IS GOING TO NEED all the money he can get and hold onto and no bank wants his failed business.

Additionally, anything hr starts now becomes subject to the IRS taking it away.
    Excellent point.. I thought he would be kicking something off before now as well, but that is a good reason not to........

Would be embarrassing to have the IRS coming into the campaign headquarters

He can't save himself, moreless anyone else......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Excellent point.. I thought he would be kicking something off before now as well, but that is a good reason not to........

Would be embarrassing to have the IRS coming into the campaign headquarters

He can't save himself, moreless anyone else......
    It would be priceless watching the IRS dragging his golden toilet and CPAC pig out the door.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Althea (03-07-2021), Doc Dutch (03-07-2021), Guno צְבִי (03-07-2021)

13. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,362 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Your attempt to enlist the Left to participate in trump’s failed attempt to cancel the NFL is noted, but sadly for you and trump we’re not buying it. We’ve watched the NFL long before trump was a thing, but if and when we decide to boycott anything that will be OUR decision and will have nothing whatsoever to do with trump .. whom you may have noticed, we hate.

Thanks
    My comment has/had nothing to do with Trump. Nor am I enlisting anything. What I’m stating is factual.

14. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And they don’t join racist Republican causes AND THEY HATE TRUMP AND THE GOP FAR MORE THAN THEY HATE THE NFL WHICH THEY BOYCOTT EVERYTIME THEY VOTE. CASPER IS RIGHT, YOU MAY LIVE IN OAKLAND, BUT YOU DON’T REALLY KNOW THEM.
    Their position had nothing to do with Trump. And their position had nothing to do with the GOP.

Your position is because Trump doesn’t like the NFL, (black) people can’t call out the NFL for being a racist league that blackballed Kaep and doesn’t give coaching/GM jobs to minorities.

15. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are not in the fight against racism, not because you’re white, but because you choose not to be. No problem, but conversely, you don’t get to critique those who are. Of course you can say anything you want, but who is going to listen to it? It has no real meaning. If you’re paying close attention, MUCH has changed in the NFL and those changes come through the work of people who are actually in the fight, not from people who sit outside of it and presume to have something to say worth listening to. No offense intended.
    Stating the obvious, no one has to listen to me. TBH I have very little interesting to say.

The NFL has just gone through two more hiring cycles where almost no minorities have been hired. I follow a number of black sportswriters who wrote extensively about how frustrated minority coaches are at not getting jobs and not getting opportunities. They general theme, the NFL is a conservative good ole boy club that will let black athletes risk their bodies to play but won’t let them near coaching, the front office or ownership.

16. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My comment has/had nothing to do with Trump. Nor am I enlisting anything. What I’m stating is factual.
    Surely you are aware that the Left has no interest in anything with trump’s stench on it. So even if YOU think it’s factual, does it make sense to be talking to the Left about it. The Left is who you’re talking to is it not?

Wrong message, wrong messenger, wrong audience.

17. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,771 Times in 7,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

How is Kaepernick still a thing?

He did an admirable job as an agent of social change, and he received a healthy cash settlement from the NFL for his blacklisting.
    The NFL had since adopted his position; I deny him no credit for that.

He was a good college quarterback at the University of Nevada, and they got a little bit of rare for them national attention for themselves with a bowl win over Boston College.
    As a professional, he was strictly a middle of the pack player who lucked his way into a losing Super Bowl appearance
    which got extra attention mostly because the two head coaches were brothers.

If his career took its natural course, he'd be finished by now anyway.

Kaepernick was a good guy from all appearances, so best wishes to him.
    But he shouldn't still be a thing.
    A lot of more impactful stuff has happened since then.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

18. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by **Brad View Post
    Honestly.

19. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Regressive Left does not believe in facts.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

20. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,771 Times in 7,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The Regressive Left does not believe in facts.
    Again, please identify the language of your remark. The words look a little bit like English but they're clearly not.
    In English, Left=Progressive / Right=Regressive.
    That's simply what Right and Left mean in political parlance;
    unless one doesn't "believe in facts."
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969