Thread: Colin Kaepernick called!!!

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    That would be my guess and on one hand totally understandable. But if you claim to be against racism and systemic racism, and want to fight to end it, doesn’t supporting the NFL belie that claim? Essentially you aren’t willing to sacrifice something you enjoy for their greater good/fight.
    When you find somebody who is pure in what they support let me know.

You gotta pick your battles. To me, cancel culture is all about capitalism. If enough people dislike a practice or an idea and get organized about it, they can change it, using capitalism. I’m OK with that. If you don’t like with the Seuss corporation did with those 6 books, Make some money and buy the rights, publish it yourself.

As long as the government is not picking the winners and losers, it sits well with me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

blackascoal (03-07-2021)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don’t care much about the names of high schools, but I hate to have to see the descendants of slaves going to Robert E Lee high school. If it’s a big enough issue, a local electorate will insist the school board change it.

Cancel culture was able to end segregation. People were shamed into doing the right thing, if not shamed they were forced to do it by economics.

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    When you find somebody who is pure in what they support let me know.

You gotta pick your battles. To me, cancel culture is all about capitalism. If enough people dislike a practice or an idea and get organized about it, they can change it, using capitalism. I’m OK with that. If you don’t like with the Seuss corporation did with those 6 books, Make some money and buy the rights, publish it yourself.

As long as the government is not picking the winners and losers, it sits well with me.
    No one is pure (other than God) so you will not get an argument from me there. We are all hypocrites in one way or another. However, if you're going to regularly call out hypocrisy you have to be willing to do it to people who agree with you politically.

The NFL is a battle you can pick. It's an enjoyment, not a necessity. If it was something your life depended on it might be harder to fight. But if one isn't willing to sacrifice a pleasure in the name of not supporting racism...?

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I don’t care much about the names of high schools, but I hate to have to see the descendants of slaves going to Robert E Lee high school. If it’s a big enough issue, a local electorate will insist the school board change it.

Cancel culture was able to end segregation. People were shamed into doing the right thing, if not shamed they were forced to do it by economics.
    It was brought up that one of the SF schools could be named after Obama. In discussions people stated Obama could be cancelled in the future based on his actions while President. Does it bother you to support people who have been/will be cancelled? Or just something you accept?

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

That would be quite the accomplishment to live in the Bay Area for over 35 years and not know any liberals. Do you think there aren't liberals who don't watch the NFL out of protest?
    What are the many reason "liberals" are boycotting the NFL??

Personally I don't watch if it is not already on.. I will watch, but I will not plan to waste my time turning it on-i'll go out & do something.

Nothing to do w/ politics but rather the bull shit rules now.........

Starting before the big raider rip off

Just to much tv, replays etc etc etc....

Feel like I need my attorney sitting next to me watching the game........ fuck that, it is not worth it IMHO........

Same w/ NBA.........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    I only watch Steelers. Fuck those other teams.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Kap isnt in the NFL because he sucks. He had his five minutes,...its over now. Deal with it.
    Pretty much the truth IMHO.......

If he was brady he would still be in the game......

I think his skills were not a good fit in SF que sera sera
    Last edited by Bill; 03-07-2021 at 11:46 AM.

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    trump hates the NFL because they only allow real billionaires to be team owners. He holds a grudge.

Something he shares w/ limbaugh

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Who said they eliminated Mr Potato Head?

Hasbro is dropping the Mr. from the logo and overall brand to “promote gender equality and inclusion”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/25/business/mr-potato-head-gender-neutral.html
    Prob why you are legion & not mr legion..

No one here will judge you son.

11. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

People on the left have boycotted the NFL for years because:

1) concussion issues
    &
    2) not hiring Kaepernick
    3) It’s fucking boring

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    3) It’s fucking boring
    For context have you always felt that way or is that from the (many) rule changes implemented over the past decade or so?

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No one is pure (other than God) so you will not get an argument from me there. We are all hypocrites in one way or another. However, if you're going to regularly call out hypocrisy you have to be willing to do it to people who agree with you politically.

The NFL is a battle you can pick. It's an enjoyment, not a necessity. If it was something your life depended on it might be harder to fight. But if one isn't willing to sacrifice a pleasure in the name of not supporting racism...?
    God is not a person.

True, the NFL is one issue people can pick, I wouldn’t have a problem that. Honestly, I watch maybe two or three games a year anyway, And it’s probably been 10 years since I’ve been to a game.
    Last edited by Jarod; 03-07-2021 at 11:35 AM.

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

I refuse to watch any NFL games for a half a year.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-07-2021)

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It was brought up that one of the SF schools could be named after Obama. In discussions people stated Obama could be cancelled in the future based on his actions while President. Does it bother you to support people who have been/will be cancelled? Or just something you accept?
    It does not bother me. The world changes and evolves, and with that so should names. I’m not a big fan of naming things after people in the first place. I like naming things after ideas. Endeavor school of the arts, enterprise county, and the like.

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

People on the left have boycotted the NFL for years because:

1) concussion issues
    &
    2) not hiring Kaepernick
    Your attempt to enlist the Left to participate in trump’s failed attempt to cancel the NFL is noted, but sadly for you and trump we’re not buying it. We’ve watched the NFL long before trump was a thing, but if and when we decide to boycott anything that will be OUR decision and will have nothing whatsoever to do with trump .. whom you may have noticed, we hate.

Thanks
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Althea (03-07-2021)