Thread: Republican party fascist and unsavable says Joe Scarborough

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Republican party fascist and unsavable says Joe Scarborough

MSNBC host and former Republican congressman Joe Scarborough says there's 'no doubt' that the GOP is 'unsavable'

on HBO's "Real Time with Bill Maher," the conservative-turned-independent MSNBC host of "Morning Joe" rebuked the party that he called home for decades.Maher was blunt when questioning Scarborough about his political metamorphosis.
    "Honestly, tell me about this," Maher asked. "You're an independent now. So, what does that say? To me, it says that you think the Republican Party is unsavable."
    Scarborough, a frequent critic of former President Donald Trump, basically agreed with Maher.
    "Unsavable - no doubt about it," replied Scarborough. "It can't be saved."

"I used to get attacked by liberals because I was a conservative; now, I'm getting attacked by people who voted for a fascist because I'm a conservative," he said of Trump. "You know, my friends and my family members, they all voted for him, and it's been hard for me to process it."
    He added: "The only way I've been able to come to terms with it is they're not fascists, but they voted for an ignorant man who is a fascist. I don't understand why."

Scarborough then questioned the motivations of voters who continue to express support for the former president.
    "I've seen focus groups over the past couple of days of Trump voters who still would support him," he said. "Who say things like, 'I like Donald Trump because of where he stands.' I can't even say it with a straight face - 'on the issues.' Now you tell me, what the f--- does that mean? What issues? What issues does this guy share with conservatives?"
    He added: "He undercut all of the allies that [former President Ronald] Reagan championed. He embraced Russia."
    Scarborough then lit into Republican Sens. Josh Hawley of Missouri and Ted Cruz of Texas, calling both men "seditionists" for what he said was their role in the January 6 riot at the Capitol.
    Hawley and Cruz sought to challenge the Electoral College certification of President Joe Biden's 2020 victory, which was heavily criticized after insurrectionists breached the Capitol and five people were killed.
    "Cruz and Hawley are seditionists," he argued. "They should be in jail.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-06-2021), PoliTalker (03-06-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

You and Trailer Guno agree with all that.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

GOP is a fascist party. Hopefully Biden and the Democrats can run the government without them

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Joe is right.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The only thing the Republican party seems to stand for is hatred of liberals.

You can't build a future on hatred.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Republicans are not FOR anything.

All they do is object to everything liberals want to do.

Republicans make NO proposals.

They have no platform.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How can you have a party that doesn't stand for anything? All they stand for is opposing progress.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Republicans lost it when they decided to try to cancel the pandemic by denying it ever existed.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Republicans tried to cancel climate change, and they tried to cancel the pandemic, and they claim the Democrats are guilty of cancel culture.

Mind-boggling.

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    GOP is a fascist party. Hopefully Biden and the Democrats can run the government without them
    They are all unsavable and deplorable. And indecipherable, unable, hell all the ables and ibles. Horrible, incurable, damnable, undesirable, despicable, vegetable.

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Micawber,

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    They are all unsavable and deplorable. And indecipherable, unable, hell all the ables and ibles. Horrible, incurable, damnable, undesirable, despicable, vegetable.
    Abominable.

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Republicans tried to cancel climate change, and they tried to cancel the pandemic, and they claim the Democrats are guilty of cancel culture.

Mind-boggling.
    lest we forget...

The Trump administration has reportedly banned the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) from using the phrases “evidence-based” and “science-based” in official documents.
    Senior CDC officials distributed the list of “forbidden” words and phrases to policy analysts at the CDC on Thursday, The Washington Post reported Friday. The list also bans the use of “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender” and “fetus.”

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Well said!

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Micawber,

Abominable.
    We must apply our indominable spirit to the problem.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-06-2021)