Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: San Trancisco gives free tents to homeless. Each tent costs $61,000!!!!

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,633 Times in 51,921 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    They wouldn't be protesters... The man that owns his boat rarely has time to rock it...
    Agreed....unless he's insane like the chronically homeless.

https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/vie...-and-mortality
    The Never-Ending Loop: Homelessness, Psychiatric Disorder, and Mortality
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    You don't accept proof from anybody about anything.
    I don't accept claims from anybody about anything made without proof.

If you have proof of your claim, post it.
    Why would you? You're a chronic liar and troll. You don't even believe the asshole you see in the mirror every night before bed.

I believe Christie because she's always been fair and honest. Unlike you whose honesty streak died long ago....probably by strangulation.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFowlWoman View Post
    Bingo! You could even post a video of you working in a food pantry or soup kitchen and the idiot would claim it was someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan Man With Plans View Post
    Claims made without evidence may be dismissed without evidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    I know trolls don't like hearing this, but if you make the claim, it's up to you to prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Another who doesn’t backup their statements, thanks.

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,929 Times in 13,196 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed....unless he's insane like the chronically homeless.

https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/vie...-and-mortality
    The Never-Ending Loop: Homelessness, Psychiatric Disorder, and Mortality
    Hey! That's not fair to the homeless. Not every homeless person is a raving lunatic. Some are just drug addled morons who are interested in getting their next fix. Others are just stupid and lazy.

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hey! That's not fair to the homeless. Not every homeless person is a raving lunatic. Some are just drug addled morons who are interested in getting their next fix. Others are just stupid and lazy.
    Correct, which is why I said "chronically homeless".

I can see you aren't much of a reader, Chief, since you obviously didn't read either of the two links I've provided.

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Correct, which is why I said "chronically homeless".

I can see you aren't much of a reader, Chief, since you obviously didn't read either of the two links I've provided.
    Many chronically homeless are drug addicts, idiots, lazy mofo's etc. They don't necessarily have to be crazy too, but it helps...

7. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

It's not the cost for each tent, dummy. More like the cost of an urban campground for numerous people.
    Exactly.

San Trancisco is paying $16.1 million to shelter homeless people in 262 tents placed in empty lots around the city where they also get services and food — a steep price tag that amounts to more than $61,000 per tent per year.

The city has created six tent sites, called “safe sleeping villages,” since the beginning of the pandemic to get vulnerable people off crowded sidewalks and into places where they have access to bathrooms, three meals and around-the-clock security.

The annual cost of one spot in one site is 2½ times the median rent for a one-bedroom apartment in San Trancisco.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/local/article/S-F-pays-61-000-a-year-for-one-tent-to-house-16001074.php?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=emai l&utm_content=headlines&utm_campaign=sfc_morningfi x&sid=5d54065e91d15c7b08162233

8. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Many chronically homeless are drug addicts, idiots, lazy mofo's etc. They don't necessarily have to be crazy too, but it helps...
    The stats prove they are primarily mentally ill as the links you didn't read prove.

9. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,361 Times in 14,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Another problem that must be dealt with, at some point, is the runaway inflation of real estate and RENT!

Wages are not keeping up with inflation! The cost of putting a roof over one's head is pricing many people out of the market.

It's not just drug addicts and the mentally disabled out there without a roof over their head. Sure that is a lot of it, but I know people that became homeless due to a divorce. I have seen people become homeless just because they were laid-off beyond their own control. I have seen people become homeless just because of a medical condition.

Here in Texas, many are becoming homeless- just because their homes or apartments were flooded due to the recent Ice Storm- and are now unlivable. I am talking about many thousands of people are being forced out of their apartments as they are either being razed or repaired. THEY HAVE NOWHERE TO GO!

Many people are now homeless because their credit is ruined. And many people's credit went bad because of an illness, lay-off, or divorce!

There is more to it than DRUG ADDICTION and Mental Illness- WHICH YOU ADMITTED! THANKS!
    A large portion (in San Francisco) of the homeless is drug addicted and mentally ill. But yes, there is also an element that is simply down on their luck (but for the grace of God go I).

Housing is another subject and one I’ve spoken about quite a bit. California, and the Bay Area, has under built new housing for 40 years. Thus the costs are astronomical. I was reading about the price increases in Texas led in part by California transplants. Texas at least, generally speaking, has a more pro development attitude and seems to build lots of new housing. It is definitely possible much more is needed.

10. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,435 Times in 2,073 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 172 Times in 170 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    A large portion (in San Francisco) of the homeless and mentally ill. But yes, there is also an element that is simply down on their luck (but for the grace of God go I).

Housing is another subject and one I’ve spoken about quite a bit. California, and the Bay Area, has under built new housing for 40 years. Thus the costs are astronomical. I was reading about the price increases in Texas led in part by California transplants. Texas at least, generally speaking, has a more pro development attitude and seems to build lots of new housing. It is definitely possible much more is needed.
    Singapore has worked wonders in homeless housing.

11. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 3,431 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,204 Times in 1,881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post

Another problem that must be dealt with, at some point, is the runaway inflation of real estate and RENT!

Here in Texas, many are becoming homeless- just because their homes or apartments were flooded due to the recent Ice Storm- and are now unlivable. I am talking about many thousands of people are being forced out of their apartments as they are either being razed or repaired. THEY HAVE NOWHERE TO GO!

Many people are now homeless because their credit is ruined. And many people's credit went bad because of an illness, lay-off, or divorce!

!
    My rent last year only went up 2% because of covid. It had been going up 5-10% a year for 5 years.

The texas thing was a once in a lifetime incident.

People should not buy on credit. I never have.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

12. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Each tent costs $61,000!!!!
    even more than your single wide

13. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's not the cost for each tent, dummy. More like the cost of an urban campground for numerous people.
    HAHAHA I love watching you loony libs try to spin these horror stories with your brazen lies. No dear - it's $61,000 per tent.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

14. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Lots of homeless men are victims of our anti-male child support laws. They are sick of working hard and then giving 70% of their salary to the ex knowing she will spend every penny on herself. They prefer being homeless and not giving her anything.

When abortion was legalized in 1973 all forced child support by men should have ended.

15. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Lots of homeless men are victims of our anti-male child support laws. They are sick of working hard and then giving 70% of their salary to the ex knowing she will spend every penny on herself. They prefer being homeless and not giving her anything.

When abortion was legalized in 1973 all forced child support by men should have ended.
    Well, then next time you are confronted by someone saying "It's a woman's right to choose..." Ask, Then why do men have to pay child support? You see, in normal contract law between two parties things don't go from one party having all the decision making to the other party suddenly being responsible. That is, if women alone get to decide if they have a child or an abortion then they alone are responsible for the result of that decision. The man is just a sperm donor.