Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cuomo in the news

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default Cuomo in the news

Top aides to Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo were alarmed: A report written by state health officials had just landed, and it included a count of how many nursing home residents in New York had died in the pandemic.

The number — more than 9,000 by that point in June — was not public, and the governor’s most senior aides wanted to keep it that way.

They rewrote the report to take it out, according to interviews and documents reviewed by The New York Times.

The extraordinary intervention, which came just as Mr. Cuomo was starting to write a book on his pandemic achievements, was the earliest act yet known in what critics have called a months-long effort by the governor and his aides to obscure the full scope of nursing home deaths.

After the state attorney general revealed earlier this year that thousands of deaths of nursing home residents had been under-counted, Mr. Cuomo finally released the complete data, saying he had withheld it out of concern that the Trump administration might pursue a politically motivated inquiry into the state’s handling of the outbreak in nursing homes.

But Mr. Cuomo and his aides actually began concealing the numbers months earlier.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/04/nyregion/cuomo-nursing-home-deaths.html

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Up!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Poor Cuomosexual.

Not even any JPP DEMOCRATS seem to love him these days, Skipper.

BTW, I didn't coin the term. DEMOCRATS were in love with the guy until about a week ago.

They even sold each other shit like this:

I remember a couple of NY'rs on this board bragging about how they wrote him and told him what a good job his was doing with Covid. Sheep Legion, they are nothing but sheep.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    I remember a couple of NY'rs on this board bragging about how they wrote him and told him what a good job his was doing with Covid. Sheep Legion, they are nothing but sheep.
    That's an affront to the intelligence and independence of sheep, Cap.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    That's an affront to the intelligence and independence of sheep, Cap.
    You have a point Legion!

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    You have a point Legion!
    Thank you, Captain. I recently became aware of a scientific discovery which I believe applies.

CAPABLE OF FEATS NO DEMOCRAT CAN MASTER

The marshmallow test, or Stanford marshmallow experiment, is pretty straightforward.

A child is placed in a room with a marshmallow. They are told if they don't eat the marshmallow, they'll get a second marshmallow in 15 minutes, and be allowed to eat both.

This ability to delay gratification demonstrates cognitive abilities such as future planning, and it was originally conducted to study how human cognition develops; specifically, at what age a human is smart enough to delay gratification if it means a better outcome later.

Because it's so simple, it can be adjusted for animals. Obviously you can't tell an animal they'll get a better reward if they wait, but you can train them to understand that better food is coming if they don't eat the food in front of them right away.

Some primates can delay gratification, along with dogs, albeit inconsistently.

Scientists showed that common cuttlefish (Sepia officinalis) can refrain from eating a meal of crab meat in the morning once they have learnt dinner will be something they like much better - shrimp.

As a team of researchers led by behavioral ecologist Alexandra Schnell of the University of Cambridge point out in a new paper, however, in this case it's difficult to determine whether this change in foraging behavior in response to prey availability was also being governed by an ability to exert self-control.

So they designed another test, for six common cuttlefish. The cuttlefish were placed in a special tank with two enclosed chambers that had transparent doors so the animals could see inside. In the chambers were snacks - a less-preferred piece of raw king prawn in one, and a much more enticing live grass shrimp in the other.

The doors also had symbols on them that the cuttlefish had been trained to recognize. A circle meant the door would open straight away. A triangle meant the door would open after a time interval between 10 and 130 seconds. And a square, used only in the control condition, meant the door stayed closed indefinitely.

The researchers found that all of the cuttlefish in the test condition decided to wait for their preferred food (the live shrimp).

I doubt any DEMOCRAT could exercise enough self-discipline to resist instant gratification, and Joe Biden would probably try to stuff the marshmallow in his ear.

https://www.sciencealert.com/cuttlefish-can-pass-a-cognitive-test-designed-for-children

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries

I don't give a shit what anybody says about Cumo, I'm just thankful for his leadership, when Trump offered NONE!!

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by triggered59 View Post
    I don't give a shit what anybody says about Cumo
    Yet here you are, Cuomosexual.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Cuomo book sales see 'precipitous drop'

Andrew Cuomo’s (D) memoir has seen a “precipitous drop” in sales in recent weeks amid scandals around his handling of COVID-19 in nursing homes and sexual harassment allegations, Bloomberg News reports.

Market researcher NPD Group told the outlet that only 300 copies of “America’s Crisis: Leadership Lessons from the COVID-19 Pandemic” moved in February.

More @ link: https://thehill.com/homenews/media/541932-cuomo-book-sales-see-precipitous-drop

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,044 Times in 7,481 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,102 Times in 1,047 Posts

Propositioning somebody in the workplace isn't harassment.
    If it were, nobody would ever get to hook up with anybody.

Persisting after "no" is harassment. That's it.

People don't get to be comfortable all the time unless they're privileged to occupy their own private worlds.
    I'm totally opposed to misogynist behavior and sexual harassment, but some annoying bitches on TV need to shut the fuck up.
    Being hit upon once used to be accepted as a compliment for fuck's sake.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

I heard that Cuomo wants to finish out his term with a promise he would not run again. He is a Dem. He will not get that. He was Trumpian in thinking power allows you to grab women by the pussy. He was not that bad, but in Dem world, his actions are unforgivable, not presidential.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdberg View Post
    I heard that Cuomo wants to finish out his term with a promise he would not run again.
    Sure, you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdberg View Post
    He was not that bad, but in Dem world, his actions are unforgivable, not presidential.
    That explains why Biden withdrew when all those women accused him...oh, wait.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyDicklick View Post
    Propositioning somebody in the workplace isn't harassment. If it were, nobody would ever get to hook up with anybody. Persisting after "no" is harassment. That's it. People don't get to be comfortable all the time unless they're privileged to occupy their own private worlds. I'm totally opposed to misogynist behavior and sexual harassment, but some annoying bitches on TV need to shut the fuck up. Being hit upon once used to be accepted as a compliment for fuck's sake.
    If you'd ever expressed these sentiments when a Republican was being pilloried, I might be tempted to believe you, Dicklick.

As it is, I don't.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    . He was not that bad,
    Neither was Josef Mengele. He did some great research at Auschwitz and other camps. We should all be grateful for the likes of Cuomo.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Propositioning somebody in the workplace isn't harassment.
    If it were, nobody would ever get to hook up with anybody.

Persisting after "no" is harassment. That's it.

People don't get to be comfortable all the time unless they're privileged to occupy their own private worlds.
    I'm totally opposed to misogynist behavior and sexual harassment, but some annoying bitches on TV need to shut the fuck up.
    Being hit upon once used to be accepted as a compliment for fuck's sake.
    Welcome to 2021, pig.
    Anonymity is priceless!