Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden's latest poll #'s are SOARING, covid approval THROUGH THE ROOF

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Biden's latest poll #'s are SOARING, covid approval THROUGH THE ROOF

It's not particularly surprising that congressional Republicans—desperate for something to paper over their Trump-inspired rifts—would rally around blocking key pieces of President Biden's agenda.

What is notable, however, is them falling in line against Biden's concerted efforts to get a handle on the pandemic, get Americans back to work, get schools reopened, and restore a sense of normalcy to everyday life. Those efforts are now winning Biden a similar level of support among the American public as his wildly popular COVID-19 rescue plan is.

A new Associated Press-NORC poll released Friday found that 70% of Americans back Biden's handling of the response to the pandemic, including 44% of Republicans—a very similar level of support to what most surveys have found for Biden's COVID-19 relief package.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/politics/...ZWNALNVYEPAKY/

conservatives will never see the WH again, except from George Floyd part across the street lol

.............Biden's overall job performance approval came in at a strong 60%, but it's notable that he's doing 10 points better on pandemic-specific issues. It suggests the popularity of Biden's pandemic relief is redounding to his benefit more broadly, along with his other efforts to speed up vaccine distribution and more generally provide palpable leadership on the issue. A Harris tracking poll this week also found public approval of vaccine distribution has risen to 66%, a 15-point jump in a single month.

Republicans, by prominently opposing that relief bill, are also broadly seen by the public as trying to jam Biden's efforts to improve the economy and combat the pandemic. A new Navigator Research poll found that 52% of Americans say Republicans in Congress are "blocking" Biden's efforts to improve the economy (just 20% say Republicans are helping) while a plurality of 40% say the same about Biden's efforts to combat the pandemic (just 31% say Republicans are helping).

Bottom line, in numerous polls, the American public likes both Biden's show of initiative and his specific initiatives on the pandemic.

Republicans, not so much. And this is the hill they have apparently chosen to die on.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

blackascoal (03-06-2021), Cypress (03-05-2021), Hoosier Daddy (03-05-2021), no worries (03-06-2021), PoliTalker (03-05-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-05-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 31 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    It's not particularly surprising that congressional Republicans—desperate for something to paper over their Trump-inspired rifts—would rally around blocking key pieces of President Biden's agenda.

What is notable, however, is them falling in line against Biden's concerted efforts to get a handle on the pandemic, get Americans back to work, get schools reopened, and restore a sense of normalcy to everyday life. Those efforts are now winning Biden a similar level of support among the American public as his wildly popular COVID-19 rescue plan is.

A new Associated Press-NORC poll released Friday found that 70% of Americans back Biden's handling of the response to the pandemic, including 44% of Republicans—a very similar level of support to what most surveys have found for Biden's COVID-19 relief package.

conservatives will never see the WH again, except from George Floyd part across the street lol

.............Biden's overall job performance approval came in at a strong 60%, but it's notable that he's doing 10 points better on pandemic-specific issues. It suggests the popularity of Biden's pandemic relief is redounding to his benefit more broadly, along with his other efforts to speed up vaccine distribution and more generally provide palpable leadership on the issue. A Harris tracking poll this week also found public approval of vaccine distribution has risen to 66%, a 15-point jump in a single month.

Republicans, by prominently opposing that relief bill, are also broadly seen by the public as trying to jam Biden's efforts to improve the economy and combat the pandemic. A new Navigator Research poll found that 52% of Americans say Republicans in Congress are "blocking" Biden's efforts to improve the economy (just 20% say Republicans are helping) while a plurality of 40% say the same about Biden's efforts to combat the pandemic (just 31% say Republicans are helping).

Bottom line, in numerous polls, the American public likes both Biden's show of initiative and his specific initiatives on the pandemic.

Republicans, not so much. And this is the hill they have apparently chosen to die on.

senile Joe's poll numbers are not soaring, they are crashing. stop the BS lies.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to redfish For This Post:

Matt Dillon (03-05-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Does anyone have a link to the sampling data?

of course it's going to go up when the media switches from attacking a response to praising it even though the policies getting the vaccine out remains unchanged from the previous administration.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Underdog For This Post:

War=Peace (03-05-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,418 Times in 53,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

And did you see the jobs added last month?! And how happy the markets are today?!
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

blackascoal (03-06-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Polls? Hillary derpdyderp

Hillary. Bwahahahaha!

I love the smell of Reichtard desperation in the afternoon.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

blackascoal (03-06-2021), Hoosier Daddy (03-05-2021)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

blackascoal (03-06-2021)

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,068 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Too bad the old buffoon didn't do anything to actually deserve it but it is what it is. Only the left gives a shit about polls.

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello reagansghost,

The percentage of Americans who think Republicans are helping:

20%

Say no more.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Money Dolla View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the sampling data?

of course it's going to go up when the media switches from attacking a response to praising it even though the policies getting the vaccine out remains unchanged from the previous administration.
    now dickheaded trump stooges want links to sampling data!! as if they can understand numbers with more than 2 digits...data samplers? more like stool samplers.

16. The Following User Groans At Hoosier Daddy For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-05-2021)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,076 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

In most nations, Joey Biden and the nifty one here would be registered to different political parties.
    I bring this up for a reason.

Many of us, or at least some of us, are old enough to remember when congressional votes didn't go 100% on party lines.
    I'm not suggesting that spelling of the name should be the main difference between parties.

The tents shouldn't be so big that the parties are not distinguished by basically different ideological leanings;
    but if both parties were populated by humans rather than one being entirely comprised of devolved mutants,
    there would be some inter-party overlap and some intra-party differences on specific issues.

This was how it used to work, so even a governmental system as inefficient as ours could actually serve some function.
    Seething hatred, which is certainly a prerequisite attribute for any legislator going to work on any morning in this millennium,
    may have existed in pockets, but wasn't the prevailing attitude.

A public servant for whom I may have voted, for example, may have pissed me off royally on one particular vote in the legislature, but still manage to earn my general election vote again
    with his/her overall performance.

These are concepts from ancient history, now. I'll leave it to younger and more flexible brains than mine to decide it it's good or bad that we've changed.

I didn't vote for Joe Biden in the Democratic Primary. The Democratic Primary offered me choices closer to my own overall beliefs.
    I did vote for Joe Biden in the general election.
    Obviously.
    I'm here.
    If I voted for the diseased orangutan,
    my loved ones would have quite rightfully euthanized me and rented a boat
    to dispose of my remains in shark infested waters.

I don't agree with Joe Biden on everything.
    Even Bernie or Liz may have given me things with which to disagree, but Joe definitely does.
    Overall, however, in the wake of the oran gutan administration,
    I give Scranton Joey a thumbs up on the overall job that he's doing thus far.
    We shouldn't even be in the same party, but the cornball geezer is trying his best and getting done what he can.
    Something a lot different was too recent not to serve as comparison.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatFowlWoman View Post
    tHe pOlLs aRe aCcuRrAte ThIs TiMe tHoUgH!

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    now dickheaded trump stooges want links to sampling data!! as if they can understand numbers with more than 2 digits...data samplers? more like stool samplers.

so, you don't have them, do you?

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,112 Times in 12,637 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Biden's latest poll #'s are SOARING, covid approval THROUGH THE ROOF
    Not according to FiveThirtyEight.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (03-05-2021)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,243 Times in 13,968 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redfish View Post
    senile Joe's poll numbers are not soaring, they are crashing. stop the BS lies.
    Wrong:

https://apnews.com/article/ap-norc-p...75bcbd051780aa

And there are scores of similar polls

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,243 Times in 13,968 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    And did you see the jobs added last month?! And how happy the markets are today?!
    Interesting part of that is that unlike the past Administration, Biden isn't out there doing photo ops and gym speeches every time numbers as such appear, which is I believe another reason his overall popularity is high

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-05-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-05-2021)