Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Appointee Arrested By The FBI For Capitol Insurrection Violence...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump Appointee Arrested By The FBI For Capitol Insurrection Violence...

ABC News - FBI arrests former Trump appointee Federico Klein in connection with Capitol riot

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation said Thursday that it has arrested Federico Klein, one of former President Donald Trump's appointees to the U.S. Department of State, for his alleged role in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

Klein, 42, was picked up by federal agents in Virginia, according to a spokesperson for the FBI's field office in Washington, D.C. Court documents obtained by ABC News show Klein has been charged with assaulting federal law enforcement personnel during the deadly riot earlier this year.

Klein is the first known member of the Trump administration to face criminal charges in connection with the storming of the Capitol building by a pro-Trump mob on Jan. 6.

Charging documents filed Tuesday in federal district court in Washington, D.C., accuse Klein of taking part in one of the day's most violent interactions between authorities and the mob seeking entrance at the Lower West Terrace of the Capitol building. Investigators said law enforcement body-worn cameras purportedly captured Klein as he "violently shoved a riot shield that apparently had been taken from an officer, towards the officers trying to stop the mob from gaining access to the building."

Investigators said Klein allegedly "pushed the riot shield in between the doors to the Capitol, preventing officers from closing the doors," according to the court documents.

Investigators said other videos posted on social media purportedly show Klein "inciting the mob and trying to break through the police line in the Lower West Terrace tunnel and into the Capitol building." In one instance, as a crowd of rioters assaulted and struggled with authorities, investigators said Klein was purportedly captured on video repeatedly "calling back to the crowd behind him, 'We need fresh people, we need fresh people,'" according to the court documents.

Investigators also said that, when law enforcement had finally pushed rioters out of the Lower West Terrace tunnel and discovered an officer had been dragged into the crowd, the officers who rushed to retrieve their injured colleague encountered Klein who, when he was told to move, allegedly responded, "No way.""

Maybe he will try to say the same thing when they drag him off to prison...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-05-2021), Doc Dutch (03-05-2021), Guno צְבִי (03-05-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Klein also worked on Trump's campaign team.

Now he is arrested for smashing into the capitol.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-05-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Is there anyone who is surprised by this?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-05-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Is there anyone who is surprised by this?
    NOPE!

You can bet that Stephen Miller is operating out of a KKK outfit somewhere- or starring in the very next SAW or
    Hostel movie!

There is no telling what all that racist is up to!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-05-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 15 Times in 15 Posts

When are you fools going to charge Trump with something?

You've been whining for 4 years that as soon as he wasn't president he would be dragged into court for multiple things and convicted.

Well?

What's the hold up?

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    NOPE!

You can bet that Stephen Miller is operating out of a KKK outfit somewhere- or starring in the very next SAW or
    Hostel movie!

There is no telling what all that racist is up to!

Yeah, but he hasn't been arrested for taking part in the violence.

Or is that coming...

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    When are you fools going to charge Trump with something?

You've been whining for 4 years that as soon as he wasn't president he would be dragged into court for multiple things and convicted.

Well?

What's the hold up?
    He was protected by the presidency and wealth for 4 years. He has been out of office for a month and the New York courts are churning along. They got Trump's taxes a week ago. It is all coming for Trump. but courts take time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-05-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Yeah, but he hasn't been arrested for taking part in the violence.

Or is that coming...
    He was one of Trump's most senior advisors. This whole idea of taking it by storm may have been his idea he pumped into trump's thin skull! His connections to White Supremacist organizations goes back to his high school days! Even his High School annual comments he was the most hated kid in school!

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

ABC News - FBI arrests former Trump appointee Federico Klein in connection with Capitol riot

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation said Thursday that it has arrested Federico Klein, one of former President Donald Trump's appointees to the U.S. Department of State, for his alleged role in the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

Klein, 42, was picked up by federal agents in Virginia, according to a spokesperson for the FBI's field office in Washington, D.C. Court documents obtained by ABC News show Klein has been charged with assaulting federal law enforcement personnel during the deadly riot earlier this year.

Klein is the first known member of the Trump administration to face criminal charges in connection with the storming of the Capitol building by a pro-Trump mob on Jan. 6.

Charging documents filed Tuesday in federal district court in Washington, D.C., accuse Klein of taking part in one of the day's most violent interactions between authorities and the mob seeking entrance at the Lower West Terrace of the Capitol building. Investigators said law enforcement body-worn cameras purportedly captured Klein as he "violently shoved a riot shield that apparently had been taken from an officer, towards the officers trying to stop the mob from gaining access to the building."

Investigators said Klein allegedly "pushed the riot shield in between the doors to the Capitol, preventing officers from closing the doors," according to the court documents.

Investigators said other videos posted on social media purportedly show Klein "inciting the mob and trying to break through the police line in the Lower West Terrace tunnel and into the Capitol building." In one instance, as a crowd of rioters assaulted and struggled with authorities, investigators said Klein was purportedly captured on video repeatedly "calling back to the crowd behind him, 'We need fresh people, we need fresh people,'" according to the court documents.

Investigators also said that, when law enforcement had finally pushed rioters out of the Lower West Terrace tunnel and discovered an officer had been dragged into the crowd, the officers who rushed to retrieve their injured colleague encountered Klein who, when he was told to move, allegedly responded, "No way.""

Maybe he will try to say the same thing when they drag him off to prison...
    I'm surprised there's only one.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

15. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-05-2021)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    He was protected by the presidency and wealth for 4 years. He has been out of office for a month and the New York courts are churning along. They got Trump's taxes a week ago. It is all coming for Trump. but courts take time.
    They got something like a 100,000 pages of documents to go through. And of course they have to sift through all the shell corporations, of which there are hundreds. It's just sad that Trump went to such effort to try to rip off the tax payers. If he had simply applied himself with that kind of dedication to something legitimate he could have easily come out way ahead of where all his schemes led him. How tragically idiotic.

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello christiefan915,

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I'm surprised there's only one.
    Well, this is just the first one.

There could certainly be more.

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,186 Times in 25,721 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Hello christiefan915,

Well, this is just the first one.

There could certainly be more.
    That's true. The investigation isn't over yet.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

19. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-05-2021)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 15 Times in 15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump has been under audit by the IRS for the last four years so are you guys going to find something the IRS just overlooked?

Hahaha that's fucking hilarious.

What's even funnier is that you think Trump would be dumb enough to leave something culpable in his taxes.

He definitely is not that.

So what else you got or was that your big hope?

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello christiefan915,

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    That's true. The investigation isn't over yet.
    Approx 800 Trump supporters illegally entered the capitol.

There have been about 300 arrests so far.

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,447 Times in 52,463 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Klein also worked on Trump's campaign team.

Now he is arrested for smashing into the capitol.
    $20 says he knows others on the staff who helped.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-05-2021)