Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: We are only 3 months away from getting past this...

1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    if folks do the statistics will bear that out and folks like you who are afraid will finally stop lashing out in fear and we can begin to normalize.
    You've given up trying to convince people that COVID is a hoax, so now you're being a little bitch about the vaccination.

You know that getting the vaccine is a tacit admission that the virus is serious, so you're trying to pretend that your motivations are benevolent, when they're actually quite self-serving.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I only do a small part to ensure that folks are not afraid so we can get back to the business of living. The thing you "can't figure out" is what I suspect you are incapable of figuring out because you are simply missing that ability.
    You haven't been able to explain it because doing so means that you've waved the white flag on trying to convince people COVID is a hoax.

So you're trying another tactic to diminish COVID; pretend you're getting vaccinated for someone else's benefit instead of your own.

But the thing about that is no one will ever know if you truly got the vaccine.

So you could very easily just lie about it.

3. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As I said before, I personally don't care if you believe.
    Believing you is intrinsic to your argument.

In order for me to believe you when you say COVID is a hoax, I need to believe that you're only getting the vaccine for someone else's benefit and not your own.

And I have no reason to believe that.

4. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Continuing to argue what you clearly cannot comprehend on a fundamental level is useless and a waste of any person's time.
    Oh, I understand you 100%...your efforts to diminish COVID last year didn't pan out, so now you have to maintain that narrative rather than admit you're wrong.

The only way you can do that is by trying to make you getting the vaccine for yourself, about getting it for other people.

And you're not very graceful in that.

5. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Believing you is intrinsic to your argument.

In order for me to believe you when you say COVID is a hoax, I need to believe that you're only getting the vaccine for someone else's benefit and not your own.

And I have no reason to believe that.
    It isn't an argument, it.is simply information. And you really don't need to have a reason to believe the truth.

One thing I learned today: This conversation is useless, and likely all future conversations with you will also be useless because you are either disingenuous or you lack empathy. Either way it becomes impossible to progress past your limited understanding of my beliefs and your self centered assumption that nobody could ever be motivated differently than you are.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Underdog (03-10-2021)

7. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It isn't an argument, it.is simply information. And you really don't need to have a reason to believe the truth.
    Right, but how am I to believe what you're saying is the truth?

One thing I learned today: This conversation is useless, and likely all future conversations with you will also be useless because you are either disingenuous or you lack empathy. Either way it becomes impossible to progress past your limited understanding of my beliefs and your self centered assumption that nobody could ever be motivated differently than you are.
    What do you think I'm not empathizing? I don't believe you know what that word means, and I think you're trying to use it awkwardly as a cudgel in this argument because you think that by usurping something that you have been lacking this whole time, you can twist it and use it to attack me. But that would require you to actually formulate an argument, which you've made clear is not something you're interested in doing.

No one forced you to respond to my thread. You made that choice, just like you made the choice to bullshit me over your reasons for getting the vaccine.

Speaking of which, since no one will ever know if you were truly vaccinated, what is to stop you from lying and saying you're getting vaccinated for my benefit, but aren't actually going to get vaccinated? Because saying you're vaccinated without being vaccinated has the same effect as saying you're vaccinated after truly being vaccinated.

Your bitch move is to proclaim that you're begrudgingly vaccinated, because your efforts of manipulating people into thinking COVID is a hoax didn't bear fruit for 12 months.

And you know what getting the vaccine at this stage means for your beliefs, so you concocted a bullshit reason that has no real effect or truthfulness to it to provide you with the cover to get the vaccine, after having spent the last 12 months downplaying the virus that the vaccine is for.

So no, I don't believe you when you say you're getting the vaccine for someone else's benefit, after you spent all of 2020 pretending COVID was a hoax. How many people did you end up convincing it was a hoax? Not anyone, as far as I can tell.

So your 2020 efforts failed, you concluded COVID is a risk because you couldn't convince anyone it wasn't, so you had to come up with the most bullshit, Swiss cheese of reasons to provide yourself with cover to get a vaccine for a disease you think is a hoax.

So if it's a hoax, why get the vaccine at all? Why not just lie about getting the vaccine, and skip getting it? Is that what you're going to do? You're going to lie on JPP and say you got vaccinated but the truth is that you skipped it?
    Last edited by LV426; 03-09-2021 at 08:30 AM.

8. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-10-2021)