Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: We are only 3 months away from getting past this...

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,276 Times in 13,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 842 Times in 801 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    When you downplay COVID, that is you calling it a hoax.
    hoax
    [hōks]
    NOUN
    a humorous or malicious deception.
    "they recognized the plan as a hoax" · [more]
    synonyms:
    practical joke · joke · jest · prank · trick · jape · ruse · deception · fraud · [more]
    VERB
    deceive with a hoax.
    synonyms:
    play a practical joke on · play a joke on · play a jest on · play a prank on · trick · [more]
    I am neither calling it a hoax nor making one out of it. Downplaying its seriousness when that seriousness is grossly overrated to almost hysterics, is not out of line at all.

And if COVID isn't serious, THEN DON'T GET THE VACCINE.
    This is just an irrelevant Appeal to spite spawned from Bulverism. Whether I think Chinese Disease is serious or not has little to do with whether I choose to get a vaccine for it or not. As a variant of this argument, I don't really expect to get tetanus either, but I get a tetanus shot periodically. So, I can not take Chinese Disease seriously, but still get the vaccine. The two are not mutually inclusive as you imply.

If COVID isn't serious and has a 99.7% survival rate, why the fuck would you get the vaccine?
    For the same reason I got shots for Hepatitis of various sorts, a tetanus shot, hell, one for yellow fever... Because getting the shot costs little or nothing to me, takes next to zero time, and doesn't hurt to have as these are virtually 100% safe. There is no downside to getting vaccinated, while on the slim chance I were to contact one of these diseases, I'd have a degree of immunity.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I am neither calling it a hoax nor making one out of it. Downplaying its seriousness when that seriousness is grossly overrated to almost hysterics, is not out of line at all
    So you say that COVID is being exaggerated....

...but you'll also take the vaccine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,276 Times in 13,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 842 Times in 801 Posts

So you say that COVID is being exaggerated....

...but you'll also take the vaccine.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Yes. How hard is that to understand. I don't have to be panicked over Chinese Disease to recognize that getting a vaccine for it would be useful.

So, to reiterate:

Masks are all but worthless so, no I'm not going to wear one.
    Staying away from sick people or not being in a confined space with lots of other potentially sick individuals for a protracted period are good ideas
    Wearing a mask outdoors is a total waste of time
    Excessive hand washing is equally useless and stupid.
    Getting a vaccine that works to prevent you getting a disease is a good idea and worth doing

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not according to any study.

I don't think you have GBS, I think you did a quick Google search of diseases that a flu shot puts you at risk of developing side effects, and pretended to have it.

Because anyone with a real auto-immune disorder would see the purpose, wisdom, and need for social distancing, mask mandates, and mass vaccinations.

Or you're just incredibly stupid, which seems just as likely.
    Fuck you!
    I don't give a fuck if your low IQ monkey ass believes it or not. I've been out of work for a year because of it and I don't have to explain myself to some dumbfuck on the internet

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Here you go, you stupid motherfucker

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19388722/
    Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) is the leading cause of acute flaccid paralysis in developed countries and is characterized by various degrees of weakness, sensory abnormalities and autonomic dysfunction. Although the underlying aetiology and pathophysiology of GBS are not completely understood, it is broadly believed that immune stimulation plays a role in its pathogenesis. Thus, since vaccines have an effect on the immune system it is biologically plausible that immunizations may be associated with subsequent GBS.

There are certain circumstances in which immunizing individuals, particularly those with a prior history of GBS, may require caution. However, the benefit of vaccines in preventing disease and decreasing morbidity and mortality, particularly for influenza, needs to be weighed against the potential risk of GBS.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/whoshouldvax.htm

People who should talk to their health care provider before getting a flu shot:
    If you ever had Guillain-Barré Syndrome (a severe paralyzing illness, also called GBS). Some people with a history of GBS should not get a flu vaccine. Talk to your doctor about your GBS history.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,033 Times in 14,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    He's shocked that folks who want freedom still want freedom even when Trump isn't President. Stunning.
    Should they be denied care in the overtaxed hospitals when they create another wave of cases?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 45 Times in 42 Posts

OP is disappointed that the 4th Wave of CovidScam may not sufficiently distract from the Shamala tag in for Rapin' Joe...
    DemoKKKrats: The dangerous fascist psychopaths Orwell warned us about.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by War=Peace View Post
    OP is disappointed that the 4th Wave of CovidScam may not sufficiently distract from the Shamala tag in for Rapin' Joe...
    English only please...

10. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

...so why put everyone at unnecessary risk? Don't understand it. Trump isn't President, so you don't need to do things for the sake of the economy so he doesn't look bad. He's fucking gone. This isn't a partisan issue, so why are you Conservatives making it one?

Texas and Mississippi are going to get people killed...those people wouldn't have to die if we just had a little bit of patience.

Full vaccination is right around the fucking corner, and we can't control ourselves for 3 more months after doing this for 12?

Biden Says U.S. Will Have Vaccine Supply For All Adults By May, Prioritizes Teachers
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ritizes-teache

By July, we're going to be done with this! Why the fuck can't we just hold on and stay the course until then? Why must we force people into unsafe environments and conditions? For what? FOR WHAT?

What is "opening" Texas in March going to accomplish that "opening" Texas in May or June wouldn't?
    it actually happened. that's the difference. you want perpetual lockdown to help amazon and china.

the nation is done with the big lie.

nobody wants your death vaccine.

kindly stfu.

11. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,320 Times in 9,828 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    This is really what makes politics so fascinating, don't you think? Been reading and paying attention to this stuff since I was 10 or so... not that I knew much back then. lol There really is a pendulum to things like fashion, politics, culture. If you're lucky to live long enough, it's a joy to experience.
    dems had to steal the election. they're actually not popular, especially since whiffing on 15/hr.

12. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,397 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    dems had to steal the election. they're actually not popular, especially since whiffing on 15/hr.
    I see you're one of those, still singing the song of your people. lol

"Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Because you assholes want to prevent people from living normal lives until they get your vaccine
    You are the problem
    lib'ruls never want people living normal lives......they want people totally dependent on government......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

tinfoil (03-07-2021)

15. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,972 Times in 32,287 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    English only please...
    it is kinda sad that you might not be capable of understanding what he said.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

16. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    I don't have to be panicked over Chinese Disease to recognize that getting a vaccine for it would be useful.
    No, you're just a hypocrite, that's all.

If TA Gardner's Disease isn't that big a deal, then why get the vaccine at all?

You've spent the whole year telling everyone that TA Gardner's Disease is "no worse than the flu" and is "a hoax", so why would you even think about getting a vaccine?

Wouldn't getting a vaccine play right into the "panicking"? Because what could happen to you if you don't get the vaccine? You could die, right? Or is that an exaggeration? If dying from COVID is an exaggeration, then there is no reason to get the vaccine.

Yet, you've said COVID is "no worse than the flu". So I assume you don't get a flu shot either?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist