Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: We are only 3 months away from getting past this...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Default We are only 3 months away from getting past this...

...so why put everyone at unnecessary risk? Don't understand it. Trump isn't President, so you don't need to do things for the sake of the economy so he doesn't look bad. He's fucking gone. This isn't a partisan issue, so why are you Conservatives making it one?

Texas and Mississippi are going to get people killed...those people wouldn't have to die if we just had a little bit of patience.

Full vaccination is right around the fucking corner, and we can't control ourselves for 3 more months after doing this for 12?

Biden Says U.S. Will Have Vaccine Supply For All Adults By May, Prioritizes Teachers
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ritizes-teache

By July, we're going to be done with this! Why the fuck can't we just hold on and stay the course until then? Why must we force people into unsafe environments and conditions? For what? FOR WHAT?

What is "opening" Texas in March going to accomplish that "opening" Texas in May or June wouldn't?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following 2 Users Groan At LV426 For This Awful Post:

tinfoil (03-05-2021), Underdog (03-05-2021)

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

CASPER (03-05-2021), Cypress (03-08-2021), domer76 (03-06-2021), evince (03-06-2021), NiftyNiblick (03-06-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-05-2021), tigerred59 (03-05-2021)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 8,420 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    ...so why put everyone at unnecessary risk? Don't understand it. Trump isn't President, so you don't need to do things for the sake of the economy so he doesn't look bad. He's fucking gone. This isn't a partisan issue, so why are you Conservatives making it one?

Texas and Mississippi are going to get people killed...those people wouldn't have to die if we just had a little bit of patience.

Full vaccination is right around the fucking corner, and we can't control ourselves for 3 more months after doing this for 12?

Biden Says U.S. Will Have Vaccine Supply For All Adults By May, Prioritizes Teachers

By July, we're going to be done with this! Why the fuck can't we just hold on and stay the course until then? Why must we force people into unsafe environments and conditions? For what? FOR WHAT?

What is "opening" Texas in March going to accomplish that "opening" Texas in May or June wouldn't?
    Then stay the fuck out of Texas and Mississippi. I know I speak for them they don't fucking want you there. Fuck off chicken shit. Stay how for 3 months pussy boy. The rest of us have lives to live.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

Grokmaster (03-08-2021), Life is Golden (03-08-2021), PostmodernProphet (03-07-2021), Underdog (03-05-2021)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Then stay the fuck out of Texas and Mississippi. I know I speak for them they don't fucking want you there. Fuck off chicken shit. Stay how for 3 months pussy boy. The rest of us have lives to live.
    I am going to stay the fuck out of those states, but the problem is that the people in those states won't stay in those states.

They will bring their disease-ridden, ratlicking, fat faces to MY STATE and spread their shitty disease like Typhoid Mary, who like you also didn't wash her hands or wipe her ass.

You're the biggest pussy here because you never leave your house anyway, but you want people to sacrifice themselves for the sake of your fucking shitty little ego.

What a pussy.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Althea (03-06-2021), Joe Capitalist (03-08-2021)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Probably because this has less to do about the economy than it does to serve as a distraction from the State governments complete screw up on the energy issue, at the expense of texans lives and suffering.

9. The Following User Groans At CASPER For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-05-2021)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

LV426 (03-05-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-05-2021)

11. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Probably because this has less to do about the economy than it does to serve as a distraction from the State governments complete screw up on the energy issue, at the expense of texans lives and suffering.
    Obviously, yes.

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,621 Times in 10,578 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

He's shocked that folks who want freedom still want freedom even when Trump isn't President. Stunning.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-05-2021), Life is Golden (03-08-2021), PostmodernProphet (03-07-2021), War=Peace (03-07-2021)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    He's shocked that folks who want freedom still want freedom even when Trump isn't President. Stunning.
    What freedom? You speak very vaguely and ambiguously about "freedom" all the time, but I don't think you actually know what that word means.

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What freedom? You speak very vaguely and ambiguously about "freedom" all the time, but I don't think you actually know what that word means.
    Please point out some examples (that aren't this thread of course, you said "all the time") of me using the word freedom "all the time" in some way that is confusing to you.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I think that version is spelled "Freedum"

17. The Following User Groans At CASPER For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-05-2021)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-08-2021)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,553 Times in 53,373 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am going to stay the fuck out of those states, but the problem is that the people in those states won't stay in those states.

They will bring their disease-ridden, ratlicking, fat faces to MY STATE and spread their shitty disease like Typhoid Mary, who like you also didn't wash her hands or wipe her ass.

You're the biggest pussy here because you never leave your house anyway, but you want people to sacrifice themselves for the sake of your fucking shitty little ego.

What a pussy.
    Hopefully by the time summer vacations begin, most will have been vaccinated.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Bingo. He knows ppl are itching (or should I more accurately say "dying"?) to get out and mingle and socialize like none of this ever happened. If he can grant them that, despite the fact that it's stupid at this time, maybe they'll forget how he screwed them over during the recent winter outbreak.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Bingo. He knows ppl are itching (or should I more accurately say "dying"?) to get out and mingle and socialize like none of this ever happened. If he can grant them that, despite the fact that it's stupid at this time, maybe they'll forget how he screwed them over during the recent winter outbreak.
    I cannot wait for the elections in 2 years, thinking a whole lot of Repubs in Austin are going to lose their jobs.

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I cannot wait for the elections in 2 years, thinking a whole lot of Repubs in Austin are going to lose their jobs.
    Let us hope so. TX is already trending towards the purple.

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think that version is spelled "Freedum"
    That did make me chuckle, I have to admit.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

CASPER (03-05-2021)

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Let us hope so. TX is already trending towards the purple.
    We are getting closer every year to blue, we are already purple. Many are too young to remember, but Texas was a Blue State and did not change until 1976, since then a lot of redrawing of district lines has made the Repubs secure in their positions, thing is with the influx of more people, often from Blue regions and the Repubs screwing up time and time again, the swing is back towards the Blue side of things. I think that the Repubs will be in Big trouble if the right candidates run against them in 2022 and who knows about the federal level in 2024, four years is a lot of time for things to continue to change. Remember this, without Texas, California and NY the GOP stands almost no chance of winning the WH.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-05-2021)