Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: We are only 3 months away from getting past this...

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    The truth is I often do things for others
    No you don't. Stop lying.

I know you're projecting because you only do stuff for yourself
    No, you have us mixed up. You're the rugged individualist here who is lying about doing things for other people's benefit, when it's just you doing things for your own benefit and trying to convince everyone that it's for them.

I will vaccinate to curb the fears of others, I have in the past, I will again in the future.
    You and I both know you're just saying this because the truth is you don't want a ventilator shoved down your throat any more than I do.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-08-2021)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cypress (03-08-2021)

4. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm sorry you are so afraid.
    Your biggest fear is having a tube shoved down your throat, and everyone on JPP laughing at you for it.

5. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-08-2021)

6. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No. Really. I am taking it because it is available and by taking it I can curb the fears of others. We simply need enough folks to take it for herd immunity to effectively curb the fear enough so that we can remove restrictions and restore constitutional rights. I'll make sure I do my part so that you don't have to be afraid of tubes.
    You're more afraid of COVID tubes than you are of me, and that's why you're getting the vaccine.

7. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You don't do anything for anyone, so I don't believe you that you'd get a vaccine for my benefit.

I do believe you would get one for your benefit, though.
    I don't care what you believe. You asked me questions, I answered the questions. You disliked my answers, you made it clear you cannot even comprehend that kind of purpose in life. I feel sorry for you, but I am not changing what I have said, my motivations and reasons, and won't. So believe as you will, you know nothing about me and so far have a strong MO of simply lying about me anyway and then projecting your own motives onto me. I am not as mercenary as you, and I am still sorry that you are afraid.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

8. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,757 Times in 4,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Bingo. He knows ppl are itching (or should I more accurately say "dying"?) to get out and mingle and socialize like none of this ever happened. If he can grant them that, despite the fact that it's stupid at this time, maybe they'll forget how he screwed them over during the recent winter outbreak.

What could he have done during the freeze?

9. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You're more afraid of COVID tubes than you are of me, and that's why you're getting the vaccine.
    I have never said I was afraid of you. You are making no sense at all. You flail again, targetless and ineffective.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Underdog (03-09-2021)

11. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Again you cannot know if we ever will.
    Yes I do. I know for a fact you and I will never meet. So the excuse you gave earlier is total horseshit that you concocted just to be patronizing on someone else's thread.

Then, when you realized that, you changed the parameters of what you meant to include "people like me".

Typical goalpost shift there, and the only reason you shifted those goalposts was because you don't want to admit the reason you're getting the vaccine is because you're just as scared of COVID as I am.

Shoot it's possible I've seen every person on this site at one time or another because I have been in all the states
    I don't believe you. And don't think I didn't notice you slide into unverifiable anecdote land...that's a crutch you people use to lend yourselves credibility you don't otherwise have.

So, I don't believe what you're saying here. I don't think you've gone anywhere. I think it's all bullshit.

Anyway. I am not lying.
    LMAO!

So I should just take your word for it?

Why?

Why should I give you the benefit of the doubt when you've been nothing but patronizing and arrogant?

12. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't understand why you are incapable of empathy
    Do you know what empathy means?

he only reason you would take it would be because of fear.
    That's why anyone takes any vaccine.

I don't fear much, but I do care about others.
    I disagree.

I think you're one of the most fearful people on all of JPP.

Your fear is that people will find out what a fraud you are, and that the persona you created for yourself on JPP is just a load of horseshit.

It's the parts of yourself you want people to see, while obscuring all the shitty parts of yourself that you don't, including your fears.

If you were just honest, none of this would be an issue...but you just can't be honest with me.

What a shame that you lack that self-control.

13. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, you spent all this time downplaying it, only to die of it and not be around to defend yourself. That's pretty embarrassing.

I think that is the only thing you care about.
    Link me up. You make the claim, you prove it.

Because you spent all this time being an asshole about it.

If you died of it, your legacy would be trashed here.
    I will have no "legacy" here.

So that's why you're getting the vaccine.
    No, it is why you are and you project your motives onto me because you have no ability to empathize with others.

You lashed out when you passive-aggressively tried to say I was the reason you got a vaccine, and not to avoid getting COVID yourself, after maintaining for 12 months that COVID is not serious and is a hoax.

You tried to insult me by patronizing me, but the problem is your patronizing is bullshit because you and I will never meet. You realized that and then were like, "oh, well, then I'll get it for all the people like you".

LOL dude...no.

You're getting the vaccine because you don't want a ventilator shoved down your throat any more than I do.
    I didn't lash out. I told you why I would get the vaccine. And you still just project your own motives onto me and do not even attempt at empathy.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

14. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Anyway. Making more angry posts about my motives rather than trying to comprehend what was said will not help you any further. I'll let you have a zillion last words.

And I am still glad that getting the vaccine will make you (and folks like you) less afraid to participate in life, and especially that it will lessen your apparently crippling fear of "Covid Tubes" (that's what you called them, right?)

Have fun.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

15. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So, that was your strawman?
    I didn't create a straw man. But you did.

You thought it was a personal you and not a more inclusive plural you?
    It wasn't the plural "you", and now you're lying about what you said earlier.

Why can't you just say what you mean the first time?

You do it for your reason and I will do it for mine.
    My problem is that I don't buy the reason you're giving.

But if you are so insecure that you have to posture the reason why you're getting a vaccine, fine. I really don't care how you justify it to yourself, so long as you get it.

16. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't care what you believe. You asked me questions, I answered the questions. You disliked my answers, you made it clear you cannot even comprehend that kind of purpose in life. I feel sorry for you, but I am not changing what I have said, my motivations and reasons, and won't. So believe as you will, you know nothing about me and so far have a strong MO of simply lying about me anyway and then projecting your own motives onto me. I am not as mercenary as you, and I am still sorry that you are afraid.
    I always love this attempt to pretend post-hoc that you don't care about what I think of your given circumstances and personal history after spending all this time, attention, energy, and focus trying to convince me on my thread.

If you don't care that I believe you, then why are you trying so hard to convince me of your sincerity?

17. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have never said I was afraid of you. You are making no sense at all. You flail again, targetless and ineffective.
    You didn't need to say it...your disingenuous reason for getting the vaccine is enough.

18. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Link me up. You make the claim, you prove it.
    You have been downplaying COVID on this thread.

19. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I will have no "legacy" here..
    Yeah you will, because I'll make sure of it.

You don't want to run that risk, do you? So you're getting the vaccine out of fear that someone will trash you on your own board, and you won't be around to defend yourself.

I told you why I would get the vaccine.
    Yeah, and I don't buy it.

I think you're insincere.

. And you still just project your own motives onto me and do not even attempt at empathy.
    What motives? Articulate them. If you can...