Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: We are only 3 months away from getting past this...

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,357 Times in 52,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    I think that version is spelled "Freedum"

Notice that the people who have the biggest problem with "masks" are the Trump fans since, as they've posted thousands of times, "masks don't work".

Trump fucked this up from the beginning as the tapes proved. He knew it was going to be bad but chose to hide that fact while he realigned his investments.

Half a million Americans are dead due to American politics. It didn't have to be this way. Is there any doubt that Ronald Reagan would have been against a mask mandate but would have asked Americans to be patriotic and do their part to minimize the economic impact of the pandemic by following CDC guidelines?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,357 Times in 52,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I don't know, why do we give vaccines for chicken pox?
    Because of possible harmful effects. Saying "99.7%" survival rate doesn't cover the 20% or so with long-term health after effects.

As for Chicken Pox: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20351282

Complications
    Chickenpox is normally a mild disease. But it can be serious and can lead to complications including:
    • Bacterial infections of the skin, soft tissues, bones, joints or bloodstream (sepsis)
    • Dehydration
    • Pneumonia
    • Inflammation of the brain (encephalitis)
    • Toxic shock syndrome
    • Reye's syndrome in children and teenagers who take aspirin during chickenpox
    • Death

Who's at risk?
    People who are at higher risk of chickenpox complications include:

• Newborns and infants whose mothers never had chickenpox or the vaccine
    • Adolescents and adults
    • Pregnant women who haven't had chickenpox
    • People who smoke
    • People whose immune systems are weakened by medication, such as chemotherapy, or by a disease, such as cancer or HIV
    • People who are taking steroid medications for another disease or condition, such as asthma
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,967 Times in 32,282 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

everyone survives shingles......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Because Chicken Pox is a serious disease that can kill people.

Just like COVID.

So...I guess the question to you is, is COVID a hoax or is it serious enough that you need vaccination for it?

Because it can't be both things.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,607 Times in 10,570 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Because Chicken Pox is a serious disease that can kill people.

Just like COVID.

So...I guess the question to you is, is COVID a hoax or is it serious enough that you need vaccination for it?

Because it can't be both things.
    Why would you be asking me? Have I ever told you it was a hoax? You asked why I would want a vaccine for a disease with an over 99% survivability rate. So I asked you the same, just about a different disease. Most of us on this site survived chicken pox and measles (not me, I am vaccinated against measles though, thanks US Navy)... and aren't really afraid of them. Never thought to hide everybody behind face masks and tell them to fear the imminent death that was approaching when it was spreading... some folks actually held sleepovers to ensure their kids got the disease so they would be future immune instead.

Did I vaccinate my kids? Yup. Even from chicken pox. Why? It wasn't because I was afraid they would die, or that I would die. Do I vaccinate against the flu? Not usually, but sometimes. Why? Not because I'm afraid I will die, I just don't like the flu.

Why would I vaccinate against COVID? Because I don't want you to be afraid of dying because I spoke to you. You seem terrified.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why would you be asking me?
    Because you decided to respond to my posts.

So...do you think it's serious enough to justify a vaccine, or that it's a hoax?

Pretty easy question to answer, I'm not sure why you refuse to answer it.

You asked why I would want a vaccine for a disease with an over 99% survivability rate.
    And you never answered that question.

You avoided it, which says to me that you don't think you need the vaccine.

So if you don't need the vaccine, then don't take it.

But you're gonna take it though, right?

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,004 Times in 14,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Well, since the hospitals are not overtaxed and they have insurance I'd say no, they should not be denied care. .
    Just as they were in the summer, when Texas opened up for Memorial Day and July 4, the hospitals will be overrun with Covid patients this time around.

When they are, those who opted to refuse common sense steps to avoid getting sick, should be turned away.

Much the same way alcoholics are denied liver transplants
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

LV426 (03-08-2021)

9. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

...so why put everyone at unnecessary risk? Don't understand it. Trump isn't President, so you don't need to do things for the sake of the economy so he doesn't look bad. He's fucking gone. This isn't a partisan issue, so why are you Conservatives making it one?

Texas and Mississippi are going to get people killed...those people wouldn't have to die if we just had a little bit of patience.

Full vaccination is right around the fucking corner, and we can't control ourselves for 3 more months after doing this for 12?

Biden Says U.S. Will Have Vaccine Supply For All Adults By May, Prioritizes Teachers
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ritizes-teache

By July, we're going to be done with this! Why the fuck can't we just hold on and stay the course until then? Why must we force people into unsafe environments and conditions? For what? FOR WHAT?

What is "opening" Texas in March going to accomplish that "opening" Texas in May or June wouldn't?
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So I asked you the same, just about a different disease. .
    No, what you did was try to hijack the thread on my OP because you realized you painted yourself into a rhetorical corner, and now are clumsily trying to pull yourself out of it.

If COVID has a 99% survival rate, why do you need the vaccine? The answer is that surviving COVID doesn't mean you're out of the woods because of the lasting health effects from COVID.

So that's why I'm taking the vaccine...to avoid dying, yes, but also to avoid having a ventilator shoved down my throat for 30 days.

I guess you like having things shoved down your throat, and I'm not judging that because everyone has different kinks.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Althea (03-08-2021)

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,630 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    I think that version is spelled "Freedum"
    Not "Fweedum"?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

CASPER (03-08-2021)

14. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Because you decided to respond to my posts.

So...do you think it's serious enough to justify a vaccine, or that it's a hoax?

Pretty easy question to answer, I'm not sure why you refuse to answer it.

And you never answered that question.

You avoided it, which says to me that you don't think you need the vaccine.

So if you don't need the vaccine, then don't take it.

But you're gonna take it though, right?
    Yes, and I told you why. I will take it because you would fear me if I did not and I do not want you to be afraid.

I responded to it in this post:

Why would I vaccinate against COVID? Because I don't want you to be afraid of dying because I spoke to you. You seem terrified.

You lie often about things I say and can't back them up. You tell me that I say things that I do not, then get upset when I ask you to give me some examples of me saying that "all the time", you try to remove lines from the post like other folks can't see them. Why do you feel it necessary to lie about what I say?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

15. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Most of us on this site survived chicken pox and measles (not me, I am vaccinated against measles though, thanks US Navy)... and aren't really afraid of them.
    Right, because of the vaccine. Without the vaccine, you would be afraid of them.

Never thought to hide everybody behind face masks and tell them to fear the imminent death that was approaching when it was spreading
    Then you're fucking stupid.

ome folks actually held sleepovers to ensure their kids got the disease so they would be future immune instead.
    Right, but what happens if an adult catches chicken pox?

Did I vaccinate my kids? Yup. Even from chicken pox. Why? It wasn't because I was afraid they would die, or that I would die. Do I vaccinate against the flu? Not usually, but sometimes. Why? Not because I'm afraid I will die, I just don't like the flu.
    What about the flu don't you like?

If this passive-aggressive bullshit is the reason you got a vaccination, then great.

Whatever it takes to put it in your arms is fine by me, so long as you're actually doing it and not lying about doing it.

16. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes, and I told you why. I will take it because you would fear me if I did not and I do not want you to be afraid.
    We will never ever meet in person, so why are you lying to me?

17. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, what you did was try to hijack the thread on my OP because you realized you painted yourself into a rhetorical corner, and now are clumsily trying to pull yourself out of it.

If COVID has a 99% survival rate, why do you need the vaccine? The answer is that surviving COVID doesn't mean you're out of the woods because of the lasting health effects from COVID.

So that's why I'm taking the vaccine...to avoid dying, yes, but also to avoid having a ventilator shoved down my throat for 30 days.

I guess you like having things shoved down your throat, and I'm not judging that because everyone has different kinks.
    No, I answered your question and you again pretend I do not. I gave examples of vaccinations I have given my kids, not because I was afraid they would die, but because there is no reason to suffer a disease with a solid vaccine.

I will tell you, my mother who should take one is not going to because she doesn't fear a disease with over a 99% survivability rate even though she is in the age group of folks that die from the disease and because (I'm quoting her here) "I do not believe in it." Crazy, eh?

I will not be taking the vaccine to ensure my future, I will be taking it for you, so you can survive without the fear that seems to cripple you. Too bad it won't help with the weird anger issues you seem to have or the incessant lying.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

18. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I responded to it in this post:
    Yeah, that's a pretty shitty and childish thing to say, and it's also complete bullshit too because you and I know we will never, ever meet face to face, so there's no risk of me catching a disease from you.

So you lied about the reason you'd take the vaccine.

The truth is that it has nothing to do with me...you're taking the vaccine because you don't want to catch COVID because dying from it would be really embarrassing for you.