Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The military occupation of DC has nothing to do with any credible threats

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

We were assured that the last administration was fascist, yet, this one has placed troops at the capital.
    Anonymity is priceless!

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,242 Times in 13,967 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Big Money Dolla View Post
    hhahahahaha you want to talk "Real snow", I snowboard and that day crested butte iced up we saw who were the easties and who were the westies.

I love sleeping in the fresh cold. I keep my window open all winter and do a nov and oct camping trip to the shores of lake superior to rejuvinate. I actually need that cold to exist. the best feelings for me are ice cold -30 bags with just enough face showing the body heat can keep it from frostbiting, I fucking loooooove that shit.
    Nah, nah, nah, if you were really in the 10th mountain Div. you were stationed at Fort Drum, meaning you were slightly north of the Tug Hill Plateau, and that ain't recreational snow where one goes snowboarding, but real snow, where people know snow

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,242 Times in 13,967 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Anonymous View Post
    We were assured that the last administration was fascist, yet, this one has placed troops at the capital.
    Yet this Administration hasn't used the National Guard to clear a path thru peaceful demonstrators just so that the President can walk two blocks to do a photo op

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Nah, nah, nah, if you were really in the 10th mountain Div. you were stationed at Fort Drum, meaning you were slightly north of the Tug Hill Plateau, and that ain't recreational snow where one goes snowboarding, but real snow, where people know snow

I was assigned to them on deployment, I was usaf but yes, the snow up there is all ice with lake effect snow that again is almost all ice.

but if you are familiar, that terrain even with its negatives was far more forgiving than any "fourteener" out west once at altitude.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

I had an attempted swatting at my home. fortunately I live very well and know the police, I was out of town and was told they were ready to deploy with the county swat when they called me. I have a restraining order and pending litigation on the whole situation, but that is not a story I want to get into. (yes I mentioned it on purpose)
    Yeup, there are real crazies among us, belonged to a site that the guy who did the hatchet attack in the theater, some of them are just not right in the head and probably need serious mental help.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

Underdog (03-05-2021)

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Odd, ain't it?

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

The capitol was attacked and guards died. The bldg was trashed. Over 140 cops were injured. They placed cops to fight off Repubs. That is not fascism. It is defensive police work. Trump is fascistic.

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anchovies View Post
    Yet this Administration hasn't used the National Guard to clear a path thru peaceful demonstrators just so that the President can walk two blocks to do a photo op
    Whataboutism?

Poor Anchovies.

10. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdberg View Post
    The capitol was attacked and guards died.
    Is that so?

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,610 Times in 10,571 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Nah, they just let the NG build a fence with razor wire around the Capital clearing many more blocks than two. With no credible threat looming they keep them there to make a political point and to ensure that no protest violates their political practice with their new congressional elite protections zone.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Underdog (03-05-2021)

13. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

hhahahahaha you want to talk "Real snow"
    He wants to talk about anything except the subject, which is the groundless occupation of the nation's capitol by the US military.

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Nah, they just let the NG build a fence with razor wire around the Capital clearing many more blocks than two. With no credible threat looming they keep them there to make a political point and to ensure that no protest violates their political practice with their new congressional elite protections zone.
    DEMOCRATS: You can't profile Muslims because of the acts of a few.

Also DEMOCRATS: All conservatives belong on a watch list and we must fortify the nation's capital in perpetuity to guard against them, just in case.

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

#boomsauce

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post

meanwhile they knew no threat existed and didnt trust the guard with live ammo.

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    He wants to talk about anything except the subject, which is the groundless occupation of the nation's capitol by the US military.

relax, not everything has to be tit for tat. if you think hes doing something take the high road and continue, there are plenty of regreattable scumbags here, he and other on the left are not all that.