Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 Places You Shouldn't Go Even If They're Open

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,494 Times in 9,086 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Default 10 Places You Shouldn't Go Even If They're Open

The only one I'm concerned about is the gym, since I'm fully vaccinated and wear masks and believe in social distancing, I wanted to go back to Planet Fitness again, as long they have distance between machines?!! Glad I don't live in Texas too!

10 Places You Shouldn't Go Even If They're Open

With the COVID-19 vaccines here, local and state governments are pulling back on restrictions, opening up businesses. However, depending on where you live, it’s possible that some of the riskiest places in terms of coronavirus transmission are the very places opening back up.

However, depending on where you live, it’s possible that some of the riskiest places in terms of coronavirus transmission are still open. “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should,” says Dr. Deborah Lee. Here are the 10 places you should avoid during the COVID surge, even if they are open, according to the experts. Read on, and to ensure your health and the health of others, don't miss these Sure Signs You've Already Had Coronavirus.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...krD?li=BBnbfcL

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-08-2021), PoliTalker (03-05-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-05-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,875 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 590 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    The only one I'm concerned about is the gym, since I'm fully vaccinated and wear masks and believe in social distancing, I wanted to go back to Planet Fitness again, as long they have distance between machines?!! Glad I don't live in Texas too!

With the COVID-19 vaccines here, local and state governments are pulling back on restrictions, opening up businesses. However, depending on where you live, it’s possible that some of the riskiest places in terms of coronavirus transmission are the very places opening back up.

However, depending on where you live, it’s possible that some of the riskiest places in terms of coronavirus transmission are still open. “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should,” says Dr. Deborah Lee. Here are the 10 places you should avoid during the COVID surge, even if they are open, according to the experts. Read on, and to ensure your health and the health of others, don't miss these Sure Signs You've Already Had Coronavirus.

Stupidest fucking thing I've read in weeks

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yakuda For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-06-2021), gfm7175 (03-05-2021), Matt Dillon (03-05-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

Dont go

Stay at home never ever go out..idiot

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (03-06-2021), gfm7175 (03-05-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

It's pretty obvious that this was intended to distract from the terrible couple of weeks Texas just suffered.

So reckless and stupid...TX is going to kill a lot of people who didn't need to die.

I don't understand why you just don't keep everything in place until the end of May? We're going to have full vaccinations by May/June anyway, which is just 2-3 months away.

This is fuckin' dumb. This is going to get people killed.

But more importantly, this will also probably get Beto elected Governor there next year.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-08-2021), signalmankenneth (03-05-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-05-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Stupidest fucking thing I've read in weeks
    Have you read your own posts? Cuz those are pretty fucking stupid.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Geeko Sportivo (03-06-2021), Guno צְבִי (03-08-2021), Rune (03-06-2021), signalmankenneth (03-05-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-05-2021)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Dont go

Stay at home never ever go out..idiot
    You can go out to an economy where most people still don't feel safe enough to spend money, but you and your fellow ratlickers aren't going to be enough to change the direction of the economy.

That's only going to happen once people feel safe enough to go out and spend money.

Lying to everyone about the seriousness of COVID doesn't make anyone feel safe.

So all you're doing with this shit is further hurting the economy by forcing artificial consumption. But all the consumption you and your fellow ratlickers do is merely a drop in the bucket.

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    You can go out to an economy where most people still don't feel safe enough to spend money, but you and your fellow ratlickers aren't going to be enough to change the direction of the economy.

That's only going to happen once people feel safe enough to go out and spend money.

Lying to everyone about the seriousness of COVID doesn't make anyone feel safe.

So all you're doing with this shit is further hurting the economy by forcing artificial consumption. But all the consumption you and your fellow ratlickers do is merely a drop in the bucket.
    How did that fear mongering that the Super Bowl will be a super spreader event turn out?
    Last edited by volsrock; 03-05-2021 at 12:21 PM.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

gfm7175 (03-05-2021), Into the Night (03-05-2021), Matt Dillon (03-05-2021)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    How did that fear mongering that the Super Bowl will be a super spreader event turn out?
    Just as we expected...people caught COVID there and brought it back to their communities.

Florida's case rate was on the decline, and then the Super Bowl happened, and it stopped declining and instead went flat: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

It's worse in FL now than it was 5 months ago.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Biggest joke was Abbot attempting to backtrack saying just because he said you don’t have to wear a mask doesn’t mean you have to, that Texans will do the right thing, immediately after he didn’t

“LV426” stated it correctly, it is a deflection off of the State’s preparation and handling of the their weather crisis, the last thing Abbot wants to do is spend money on upgrading the power infrastructure, he might have to raise taxes and ruin the Texan myth

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-08-2021), LV426 (03-05-2021)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We are so fucking close to full vaccination (like 3 months away) that taking your foot off the gas pedal now will only result in unnecessary deaths.

What is 3 more months, really? We can't all do this for 90 more days?

I mean, come on...this isn't difficult.

Stay home now, mask up now so that in 3 months, you'll be alive to go out and about, mask free!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-08-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-05-2021)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello signalmankenneth,

Agreed on all 10.

I also add:

Barber shop, hair stylist, nail shop, dentist, doctor, hospital, car dealer, any small shop or business where people are packed into a small space, ride in anybody else's car, having anyone else ride in your car, court, small office such as lawyer or tax consultant, elevator when stairs are available (preferably outside stairs,) voting in person, city offices, county offices, state offices, any government offices, etc.

Basically, don't share the air.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-08-2021), signalmankenneth (03-05-2021)

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

We are so fucking close to full vaccination (like 3 months away) that taking your foot off the gas pedal now will only result in unnecessary deaths.

What is 3 more months, really? We can't all do this for 90 more days?

I mean, come on...this isn't difficult.

Stay home now, mask up now so that in 3 months, you'll be alive to go out and about, mask free!
    Exact point of the Governor of Alabama, and we all know Alabama ain’t a Yankee State

22. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

LV426 (03-05-2021)

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's pretty obvious that this was intended to distract from the terrible couple of weeks Texas just suffered.

So reckless and stupid...TX is going to kill a lot of people who didn't need to die.

I don't understand why you just don't keep everything in place until the end of May? We're going to have full vaccinations by May/June anyway, which is just 2-3 months away.

This is fuckin' dumb. This is going to get people killed.

But more importantly, this will also probably get Beto elected Governor there next year.
    I know, it must suck for anyone to die of this thing knowing that a preventive dare I say "cure" exists
    and you just didn't get the vax in time.

My riskiest move that is categorized as not necessary is that I bike to an outdoor swim pool 4 times per week to get my laps in.
    The center of each lane may technically be six feet apart but still...

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Exact point of the Governor of Alabama, and we all know Alabama ain’t a Yankee State
    And to his credit (probably the only time I'll ever give it to him), Kemp was also right to focus on vaccinations and not removing restrictions or mandates.

But...there's still plenty of time, so I'm sure Kemp will find another way to fuck it up.

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just as we expected...people caught COVID there and brought it back to their communities.

Florida's case rate was on the decline, and then the Super Bowl happened, and it stopped declining and instead went flat: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/florida/

It's worse in FL now than it was 5 months ago.
    Florida marks 1,700 new COVID-19 cases at one-year mark, the fewest in months
    Michelle Marchante, Miami Herald 3 days ago

MIAMI — Florida’s Department of Health announced 1,700 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 — the fewest reported in months — on Monday, a year since the state reported its first known infections.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fl...cid=uxbndlbing

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Into the Night (03-05-2021), Matt Dillon (03-05-2021)