Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Democrat any thing for a new voter

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,025 Times in 8,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    And 16 year olds are more interested in their private parts and video games and skate boards aka toys , seems you know nothing about young people so you moron ./
    I have known 30 year olds with PHDs who will go to a skate park. Yes, that is plural. I never got into it myself. Video games are very popular across age groups. Many economists argue that video games are part of the reason for lower male workforce participation recently. These are adults are refusing to take adult responsibility. As for private parts... Well trump is really old, and he hires women to have sex with him, which just seems stupid to me.

I have noticed that trump worshippers are less likely to be taking on adult responsibilities. What sort of adults smoke anymore? It just does not make sense.

Anyway, I am fine with 18 as a voting age, but there is nothing magical about that number. There are plenty of mature 15 year olds who read the Economist, and plenty of immature 50 year olds who play video games all day.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

blackascoal (03-06-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    It is interesting as an idea however. What makes a 16 year old capable of making an informed voting decision when they can't enter a contract, can't be drafted, can't do a lot of things until they're 18? What it says to me is that Democrats put a very low premium on voting as if it were something of no real consequence.
    17 year olds can sign an enlistment contract committing to being in the Army. 16 year olds can sign an employment contract, agreeing to work in a job. 16 year olds can drive in most states.

The rights of adulthood are given over several ages, which I think is reasonable. It is silly to say that 16 year olds are incapable of making informed voting decisions, but it is reasonable to say that on average it is too young, and maybe the age should remain at 18.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I have known 30 year olds with PHDs who will go to a skate park. Yes, that is plural. I never got into it myself. Video games are very popular across age groups. Many economists argue that video games are part of the reason for lower male workforce participation recently. These are adults are refusing to take adult responsibility. As for private parts... Well trump is really old, and he hires women to have sex with him, which just seems stupid to me.

I have noticed that trump worshippers are less likely to be taking on adult responsibilities. What sort of adults smoke anymore? It just does not make sense.

Anyway, I am fine with 18 as a voting age, but there is nothing magical about that number. There are plenty of mature 15 year olds who read the Economist, and plenty of immature 50 year olds who play video games all day.
    you miss my point 16nyear olds have other things n their minds they are not even in the work force for the most part and have limited knowledge

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    So you were wrong? Got it.
    wrong about WHAT

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

wrong about WHAT
    About 16 year olds playing with toys and not knowing much about politics.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    About 16 year olds playing with toys and not knowing much about politics.
    I have seen that a lot lefty . You know its true

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

17 year olds can sign an enlistment contract committing to being in the Army. 16 year olds can sign an employment contract, agreeing to work in a job. 16 year olds can drive in most states.

The rights of adulthood are given over several ages, which I think is reasonable. It is silly to say that 16 year olds are incapable of making informed voting decisions, but it is reasonable to say that on average it is too young, and maybe the age should remain at 18.
    walt its too young and you know it and a 17 year old cant serve and they only get permits to drive in most states the last I saw but that's been awhile.
    they are not old enough to vote democrats want them to vote cause they think they will be stupid and vote democrat along with illegals and felons .

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you miss my point 16nyear olds have other things n their minds they are not even in the work force for the most part and have limited knowledge
    Ronan Farrow graduated from college at age 15, and probably had more knowledge than you have now then. People develop at all sorts of different speeds.

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

walt its too young and you know it and a 17 year old cant serve
    You are mistaken. You can serve in the US military at age 17. They are generally avoiding it, but legally it can happen. They are not allowed to send soldiers under age 18 to war zones, but sometimes the war zone comes to the US military.

I really have to ask at this point: did you serve? You do not seem to know much about it.

they only get permits to drive in most states the last I saw but that's been awhile.
    Most states have a learners permit at age 15, and a license at age 16.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

CASPER (03-06-2021)

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are mistaken. You can serve in the US military at age 17. They are generally avoiding it, but legally it can happen. They are not allowed to send soldiers under age 18 to war zones, but sometimes the war zone comes to the US military.

I really have to ask at this point: did you serve? You do not seem to know much about it.

then things have changed but they are still to young to vote maybe democrat can let Iranian nationals in Iran vote also

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Correct, one can join at 17, need parents permission.

Had a motorcycle license at 14, but limited in size of bike. I know because I worked a job at that age and rode to work every day, had a 250cc Kawasaki.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

Walt (03-06-2021)

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Everything democrats do is for them not America or Americans.
    Obviously you and intelligence are not friends.

You dumb assclowns supported a con man who told YOU and America to drink poison to stay healthy.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,176 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Majority of House Democrats vote in favor of lowering voting age to 16

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hou...-voting-age-16

16 year olds are still playing with toys and have little understanding of politics , democrats want felons to be able to vote again because 7 out of 10 are democrats , they want illegals to vote and they are against voter Id so people and vote that are not eligible to vote or vote multiple times.

Democrats in the house are deviants and would suck a cock to get a vote
    Is there a reason why you fear 16 YO's now?

Exactly why do you think 16 year olds voting in elections would be a bad thing?

Just asking!

The way I see it, if you are old enough to work at McDonalds for minimum wage- you are old enough to vote!

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackasshole View Post
    Insert irrelevant trope here

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weeko Sportivo View Post
    Is there a reason why you fear 16 YO's now?
    Did someone say they "fear" 16 year-olds?