1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I hear Trumppers complaining about people they call “Woke”.

The way I understand it, if a person tries to be aware of others, their needs and feelings, and tries to behave in a considerate way toward others, they are “Woke”.

Somehow that’s an insult?
    There is nothing wrong with woke.

Considerate, responsible, patriotic citizens who are good neighbors are woke.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,900 Times in 21,663 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,696 Times in 5,198 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    The democratic party has foisted onto black americans the idea that white americans are the cause of whatever might be wrong in their lives. This is evidenced by things such as "systemic" racism and "unconscious" racism.
    I disagree, do you have an example?

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 84 Times in 79 Posts

The democratic party has foisted onto black americans the idea that white americans are the cause of whatever might be wrong in their lives. This is evidenced by things such as "systemic" racism and "unconscious" racism.
    Correct.

Dachshund

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

How so?
    By continuing to placate them through social welfare, and other social programs, and never actually advancing their cause, a cause that has had them voting for Democrat lies for 60 years! They simply moved the plantation? Now with your wokedness call me a racist, but it is truth so I don't much care, the plight of blacks got better under Trump! That is the reason for floating reparations!

5. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,068 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
    "Woke" has become a buzzword in America. People now interpret its meaning is a range of different ways. For some, being "Woke" is simply a word liberals use to mean being "cool or hip". For others on the left, being "Woke" means advocating for an end to racial discrimation in kind of vague, generalised sense, and so on. The term "Woke" is actually dervived from an African word,"wokum" or something like that, and the expression "stay Woke" was first use in America decades ago in the 1920's by African -Americans as a warning to each other to keep their eyes peeled for White American in the era, and what they were doing, at a time when there was quite a lot of discrimination, prejudice and outright harassment of Blacks , by Whites taking place in American societies. So being "Woke" meant staying alert and always being watchful of what Whites in your part of town were up to; knowing where they were and basically keeping clear of them, especially if it looked like they intending cause any kind of trouble in Black neighbourhoods.

So, "Woke" was originally about race; more specifically, about the history of bitter racial conflict and strife between Blacks and Whites, though now it include all people of colour.

The "correct" meaning of Woke ideology today is that it is a system of belief that regards ALL persosn in America who have White skin (especially White Western European descended Americans) as being irredeemably innately racist WITHOUT EXCEPTION. ALL American Whites are 100% racist, White supremacists who are privileged, historic oppressors of Black -skinned people (and to a lesser extent, other people of colour). If you are White your are viewed, not as an individual, but as part of a the White /tribegroup who are ALL racists and exploiters of Black-skinned people. If you are White, you were born a White Supremacist and a racist oppressor of Blacks and that is how you will ALWAYS remain, i.e; as as morally BAD. Woke activists and educators insist that you must acknowledge and apologise for your guilt respecting the harm you have done, you privilege, the sins of your forefathers (e.g. slavery) and perform rituals of atonement and subjugation such as publicly declaring your racist immorality, "bending the knee" and so on, because you are such a naturally wicked and hateful person.

That's just the "tip of the iceberg" regarding what Woke ideology involves in its entirety.

Dachshund
    How much of that last paragraph do you personally believe is true?

6. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Negative that is biblical! They judge themselves by their actions! i am simply bearing witness!
    You are doing more than witnessing, you are judging. That’s not your job.

7. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Like Trump?
    Do you have a point with that?

8. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
    The rightwingers hate it because it requires critical thinking, and empathy.

Both of those ideals are banned by Republicans.
    Empathy like supporting baby murder?

9. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
    "Woke" has become a buzzword in America. People now interpret its meaning is a range of different ways. For some, being "Woke" is simply a word liberals use to mean being "cool or hip". For others on the left, being "Woke" means advocating for an end to racial discrimation in kind of vague, generalised sense, and so on. The term "Woke" is actually dervived from an African word,"wokum" or something like that, and the expression "stay Woke" was first use in America decades ago in the 1920's by African -Americans as a warning to each other to keep their eyes peeled for White American in the era, and what they were doing, at a time when there was quite a lot of discrimination, prejudice and outright harassment of Blacks , by Whites taking place in American societies. So being "Woke" meant staying alert and always being watchful of what Whites in your part of town were up to; knowing where they were and basically keeping clear of them, especially if it looked like they intending cause any kind of trouble in Black neighbourhoods.

So, "Woke" was originally about race; more specifically, about the history of bitter racial conflict and strife between Blacks and Whites, though now it include all people of colour.

The "correct" meaning of Woke ideology today is that it is a system of belief that regards ALL persosn in America who have White skin (especially White Western European descended Americans) as being irredeemably innately racist WITHOUT EXCEPTION. ALL American Whites are 100% racist, White supremacists who are privileged, historic oppressors of Black -skinned people (and to a lesser extent, other people of colour). If you are White your are viewed, not as an individual, but as part of a the White /tribegroup who are ALL racists and exploiters of Black-skinned people. If you are White, you were born a White Supremacist and a racist oppressor of Blacks and that is how you will ALWAYS remain, i.e; as as morally BAD. Woke activists and educators insist that you must acknowledge and apologise for your guilt respecting the harm you have done, you privilege, the sins of your forefathers (e.g. slavery) and perform rituals of atonement and subjugation such as publicly declaring your racist immorality, "bending the knee" and so on, because you are such a naturally wicked and hateful person.

That's just the "tip of the iceberg" regarding what Woke ideology involves in its entirety.

Dachshund
    Do you have any support for these claims?

10. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No
    You guys sure act like it!

11. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are doing more than witnessing, you are judging. That’s not your job.
    It is if they call themselves Christian! Read more!

12. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,068 Times in 8,417 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

I disagree, do you have an example?
    I gave you two...the claim that the system is stacked against you...systemic racism and the claim that whites are so racist that they dont even realize it... unconscious racism so therefore you need us the democrats to fight for you. Blacks have been voting as a block for democrats for decades and according to democrats blacks don't seem to be any better off because of it.

13. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Which profitable activities are not healthy to society?
    McDonalds, The Batchelor, Incredibly explicit song lyrics targeted as kids, white only country clubs, strip clubs, Dunkin’ Donuts, 24 hour news networks, intentionally addictive apps, I can go on for years...

14. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    By continuing to placate them through social welfare, and other social programs, and never actually advancing their cause, a cause that has had them voting for Democrat lies for 60 years! They simply moved the plantation? Now with your wokedness call me a racist, but it is truth so I don't much care, the plight of blacks got better under Trump! That is the reason for floating reparations!
    Welfare does not exist.

15. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Welfare does not exist.
    Beg pardon? Explain yourself!