1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,476 Times in 52,482 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    There’s no getting them to see that.

The political violence of 2020 spilled over to the new year except it wasn’t raging lefties this time.

Therefore, stop the world. Engage in hyperbole and etc.
    Agreed fanatics will never be convinced. That's pretty easy to see. Smart people wait for the facts, the court cases and the judgments.

Dude, you are only fooling yourself if you truly believe that bullshit. Why would you lie?

Politics = hyper. In the US it's at a peak.

IMO, a lot more people should be dead by now. It just goes to show times are better. Only 30 years ago Trump's attack on the Capitol would have been another government massacre of civilians.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed fanatics will never be convinced. That's pretty easy to see. Smart people wait for the facts, the court cases and the judgments.

Dude, you are only fooling yourself if you truly believe that bullshit. Why would you lie?

IMO, a lot more people should be dead by now. It just goes to show times are better. Only 30 years ago Trump's attack on the Capitol would have been another government massacre of civilians.
    I spent all of last year trying to convince leftists that the rioting and $2 Billion worth of property damage were bad, and destroyed the lives/livelihood of real people. Precisely zero of them were convinced of this. Douchebag Donald couldn't convince Quid Pro Joe of this.

I'd say I am in the best position on this in terms of consistency, since I have advocated that the Capital Police should have used lethal force early and often.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

You just violated your own dictum by accusing Trump before a court ruled on it lol.

Assuming one ever does.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    I spent all of last year trying to convince leftists that the rioting and $2 Billion worth of property damage were bad, and destroyed the lives/livelihood of real people. Precisely zero of them were convinced of this. Douchebag Donald couldn't convince Quid Pro Joe of this.

I'd say I am in the best position on this in terms of consistency, since I have advocated that the Capital Police should have used lethal force early and often.
    What fucking morons disagreed with you that "rioting and $2 Billion worth of property damage were bad"? Seriously. Who is that fucking stupid???
    Names and quotes please.

Say what? What position are you claiming for yourself, Chaz?

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    You just violated your own dictum by accusing Trump before a court ruled on it lol.

Assuming one ever does.
    Americans know it's a tradition to freely criticize the President. Fucking Russian douchebags not so much.

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,474 Times in 3,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Our justice system is dog shit, and it is dog shit on purpose....this is what I encourage you to focus on.
    You would do better by encouraging yourself to think things through before sounding off.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,112 Times in 12,637 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    You would do better by encouraging yourself to think things through before sounding off.
    I am hyper educated, and dont talk about things that I dont know about....If you see me talking about something then it is something that I know at least a fair amount about.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    The man charged with illegally entering Speaker Nancy Pelosi's (D-Calif.) office and stealing items including mail during the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol disrupted a court hearing on Thursday while yelling that his continued detention was unfair.

The New York Times reported that 60-year-old Richard Barnett began yelling during a virtual hearing on his case Thursday morning that it was not "fair" that he remained in custody while some others accused of participating in the riot have been released ahead of their trials. The Arkansas resident's attorneys have reportedly attempted to secure his bonded release with no success thus far.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/54...-still-in-jail
    He should stay there for a good while instead of skipping.
    Thomas Jefferson (to Richard Price) January 8. 1789 "...wherever the people are well informed they can be trusted with their own government..."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jet57 For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-06-2021)

10. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,474 Times in 3,395 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

I am hyper educated, and dont talk about things that I dont know about....If you see me talking about something then it is something that I know at least a fair amount about.
    I don't know what you mean by "hyper educated". It should mean you are thoroughly grounded in history, in the sciences, in mathematics, in the arts, and are fluent in two or more languages, in which case you wouldn't be wasting time here nor would you subscribe to the asinine opinion of the American legal system you just espoused. In the first place, American law is organic. It is not a tool of malign intent, or beneficent intent either for that matter.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to martin For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-07-2021)

12. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,422 Times in 53,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is not what you did that matters in this corrupt so called justice system, it is who you are, and who wants to take you out.
    True. If the Capitol terrorists had been black people, the police/military presence would have been overwhelming and there would have been no entry into the Capitol building itself. But since they were "peaceful [white] protesters," there was only token resistance... and a response time of hours till they were finally ejected.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (03-07-2021), martin (03-07-2021)

14. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    I don't know what you mean by "hyper educated". It should mean you are thoroughly grounded in history, in the sciences, in mathematics, in the arts, and are fluent in two or more languages, in which case you wouldn't be wasting time here nor would you subscribe to the asinine opinion of the American legal system you just espoused. In the first place, American law is organic. It is not a tool of malign intent, or beneficent intent either for that matter.
    He made it through h.s. with a 2.9 gpa. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-07-2021), martin (03-07-2021)

16. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    True. If the Capitol terrorists had been black people, the police/military presence would have been overwhelming and there would have been no entry into the Capitol building itself. But since they were "peaceful [white] protesters," there was only token resistance... and a response time of hours till they were finally ejected.
    Yeah, that's not suspicious at all.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

18. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeah, that's not suspicious at all.
    Our Reichwing friends are always quick to yell "Yeah but whattabout BLM?!?" but they always forget to notice that the response to black protesters is always much more robust than it is to white ones -- especially the Cult 45 ones.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-07-2021)

20. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Our Reichwing friends are always quick to yell "Yeah but whattabout BLM?!?" but they always forget to notice that the response to black protesters is always much more robust than it is to white ones -- especially the Cult 45 ones.
    It was clear by the Congressional Dog'n'Pony Show that they 1) knew the Insurrection was planned and 2) it was an inside job.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

22. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It was clear by the Congressional Dog'n'Pony Show that they 1) knew the Insurrection was planned and 2) it was an inside job.
    Yep. And not by "Antifa" or "BLM" in white-face, either. lol

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-07-2021)