Thread: Is Newt Right?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I think it's a sign of the times. Remember when GW won reelection with 52% of the vote and declared he had a "mandate from the People"? Were you thinking "WTF?" like me?

The nation is narrowly divided. Some people interpret that to mean "we're on the verge of civil war". Others, me included, interpret that to mean, most of us aren't happy with either party and are usually voting for the challenger in each election to keep the dominant part off balance.
    I vote most often 3rd party..

I find the two party system a stranglehold on the public

Each election cycle the opposition party represents themselves as the solution, as did the party in power previously.

Vote the bastards out only to have them return in their new roles.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,449 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I vote most often 3rd party..

I find the two party system a stranglehold on the public

Each election cycle the opposition party represents themselves as the solution, as did the party in power previously.

Vote the bastards out only to have them return in their new roles.
    Agreed: Vote the bastards out.

It's the best form of self-defense the public has to corrupt politicians. Unfortunately, as everyone can see in Congress, not everyone agrees. They only want to vote out the opposition, not "their" reps.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Agreed: Vote the bastards out.

It's the best form of self-defense the public has to corrupt politicians. Unfortunately, as everyone can see in Congress, not everyone agrees. They only want to vote out the opposition, not "their" reps.
    yep, a minority that believes their team is good, inherently, & the other bad, inherently~both sides believe it, & this is one of those rare occasions when both sides are right about their beliefs of the other.......
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yep, a minority that believes their team is good, inherently, & the other bad, inherently~both sides believe it, & this is one of those rare occasions when both sides are right about their beliefs of the other.......
    LOL. Agreed.

So what's the solution? There are none on the horizon except for what we just discussed: always vote for the challenger and/or Third Party. At least until someone worth a vote comes along.

Too many people vote for the lesser evil. That's not working and, like GW and his "mandate", only serves to embolden the assholes.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,321 Times in 9,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I agree. The Republicans are a basket case at the moment and their troubles are not over. Even the Republicans know they have several "rebuilding years" to go before taking the Democrats down.
    you're such an establishment shill.

nationalist populist is the clear winner. just behind individual choice and apple pie.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,297 Times in 13,423 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    Thanks for all of your input, but we will just have to agree to disagree!

One trend that stopped with Donald Trump- Donald Trump is the first president in the last 28 years to be rejected and not re-elected!

SO AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED- WITH DONALD TRUMP STILL LEADING YOUR PARTY IN THE WRONG DIRECTION- THE REPUBLICANS WILL FAIL TO WIN IN THE Midterms!

Fair warning! Get rid of that 1,000 lb. GORILLA on your backs!
    He isn't leading "my party" anywhere. I am an Independent voter and have been for over four decades. So don't lump me in with the Republicans--or worse, the Democrats.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    He just said on Tucker that the D's already know that they will lose the house in two years, so they simply dont give a fuck, they are ramming through the Revolution now..."GIVE IT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE GOT.....IT IS EITHER NOW OR NEVER!!!"

I am skeptical.
    They did the same thing in The Obama's first two years. Bend over, America.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL. Agreed.

So what's the solution? There are none on the horizon except for what we just discussed: always vote for the challenger and/or Third Party. At least until someone worth a vote comes along.

Too many people vote for the lesser evil. That's not working and, like GW and his "mandate", only serves to embolden the assholes.
    Yep, they have seen to it that there is no viable alternative to themselves.

That will not change w/in our life time I am afraid

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    He isn't leading "my party" anywhere. I am an Independent voter and have been for over four decades. So don't lump me in with the Republicans--or worse, the Democrats.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Victor Davis Hanson on Tucker tonight said sort of the same thing.....He said that the Revolution knows that they dont have public support....which is why DC has been militarized.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (03-04-2021)

12. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    I am going to call your comment WISHFULL THINKING!

It sure would be nice, if every time we wished something would come true- it would! BUt in life, we don't always get what we wish for!

Cycles are somewhat predictable, however, I believe America has crossed a threshold- and that is- there is now a provable Majority of Democrats willing to vote- than there are Republicans.

On November 4th, 2020, 85 Million Democrats voted- yet only 74.2 million Republicans voted!

One trend says that not all the same voters show up to the mid-terms, as they do in the Presidential elections.

AND YES, the red states will RE-DRAW their districts by gerrymandering them to make less minority votes count, as they always do.

AND YES, HR-1 will go into affect to prevent a lot of the STATE VOTING LAWS intended to suppress minority votes in the red states.

But given these two variables, they will probably offset each other for the mid-terms.

AND clearly, the Democrats are gaining more votes than the Republicans are- even though the Republicans are gaining votes as well.

The Democrats are confident now more than ever about the number of Democrat voters participating in elections, and we like our chances on winning back the House Seats in the upcoming Mid-Terms!

Even if the Democrats win the Mid Terms, I'm not ready to call the Democrats a dynasty as of yet, but I'll just say that there will be a lot of new recruits and registrations between now and 2022 in NOT JUST THE RED STATES, BUT IN ALL STATES.

Most People will be voting their paychecks in 2022- and the Democrats intend to increase these over the next 18 months.

There is an old saying that SUCCESS BREEDS SUCCESS!

AND IT SURE IS GREAT BEING A DEMOCRAT AND WATCHING THE DEMOCRATS SUCCEED- in spite of the Republicans trying their best to OBSTRUCT THEIR PROGRESS!
    Progress to what, exactly?

13. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Progress to what, exactly?
    That's for us to know and for you to find out! AND WE DON'T NEED YOUR Approval TO CARRY out the progress!!

If you don't like Biden's or the Democrat's policies- I would advise you to select better candidates and GET YOUR VOTE OUT NEXT TIME!

Because, when you don't do that- YOU LOOSE ELECTIONS- AND LOSING ELECTIONS HAS CONSEQUENCES YOU MAY NOT LIKE!

Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 03-04-2021 at 10:02 PM.

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yep, they have seen to it that there is no viable alternative to themselves.

That will not change w/in our life time I am afraid
    So the best alternative is to keep voting the bums out.

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    He just said on Tucker that the D's already know that they will lose the house in two years, so they simply dont give a fuck, they are ramming through the Revolution now..."GIVE IT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE GOT.....IT IS EITHER NOW OR NEVER!!!"

I am skeptical.

Fuck Newt

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So the best alternative is to keep voting the bums out.
    Yes~ conversely not voting them in..