Thread: Is Newt Right?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Is Newt Right?

He just said on Tucker that the D's already know that they will lose the house in two years, so they simply dont give a fuck, they are ramming through the Revolution now..."GIVE IT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE GOT.....IT IS EITHER NOW OR NEVER!!!"

I am skeptical.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sure. Same thing has happened over and over in American politics in the 21st Century. It's not a plot, it's just stuff. Try to deal.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (03-03-2021), midcan5 (03-06-2021), Phantasmal (03-05-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Sure. Same thing has happened over and over in American politics in the 21st Century. It's not a plot, it's just stuff. Try to deal.
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

See now the Revolution has been doing exactly what I long ago said that the Revolution would do, I dont think Newts diagnosis is helpful even if it is right, and I have seen little evidence that it is right.

I need to hear the complete story, preferably an essay in the 8K-10k word range, I need to hear the argument as best it can be made.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    He just said on Tucker that the D's already know that they will lose the house in two years, so they simply dont give a fuck, they are ramming through the Revolution now..."GIVE IT EVERYTHING YOU HAVE GOT.....IT IS EITHER NOW OR NEVER!!!"

I am skeptical.
    if they get even a quarter of what they want the general public will throw them out in outrage......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (03-03-2021), Matt Dillon (03-04-2021)

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

Newt is pretty much correct. The last three times a Democrat occupied the White House, in the mid-term elections the Democrats got creamed in Congressional elections. They also lost heavily at the state level. The odds are damn good it'll happen this time too.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am skeptical.
    They are going for broke & why not??

That man is one of the worst humans to walk the face of the earth..

Does not take a genius to see that...........
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Newt is pretty much correct. The last three times a Democrat occupied the White House, in the mid-term elections the Democrats got creamed in Congressional elections. They also lost heavily at the state level. The odds are damn good it'll happen this time too.
    Don't forget to mention it happened in trump's regime as well......

Lest we forget, he came in & had the white house, house & senate, & when he left, he had none of it.....

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Newt is not the thread topic.

"Is Newt Right" is the thread topic.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

"Is Newt Right" is the thread topic.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,492 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Lest we forget, he came in & had the white house, house & senate, & when he left, he had none of it.....
    Yep. If only the (R)s had found their spines, nads, and consciences and impeached and removed him the first time. The pandemic would have likely been far less worse under Pres. Pence. The (R)s would have kept the Senate, the White House, and gained even more seats in the House. And the terrorist attack of Jan. 6 would not have happened.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,126 Times in 9,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 503 Times in 476 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am skeptical.
    he is right.

we've reached peak imbecile. the upcoming generations are becoming skeptical of this system we've created.

it's now or never for the new world order.

expect much smite by many parties.

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 829 Times in 788 Posts

It was nothing compared to the pasting the Democrats were handed each time. The Democrats gained ground but not the sort of drubbing they took when they occupied the White House.

For example in Obama's first term mid-term election, the House and Senate had "super majorities" of Democrats in both. In the Senate they had 60 seats. They lost 63 seats in the House and 6 in the Senate. In addition, the Republicans gained 6 governorships and flipped 20 state legislatures. While the Democrats held onto the Senate they lost their ability to unilaterally pass legislation, while in the House the Republicans took control.

Arguably, the major cause was the passage of Obamacare.

Same thing with Clinton and Carter before him.

Right now, the Democrats barely control the Senate and have a slim majority in the House. It's likely both will flip in 2022 to Republican control. That dooms Biden's ability to get anything done without major cooperation from Republicans.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,417 Times in 7,536 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

He just said on Tucker that the D's already know that they will lose the house in two years, .
    I don’t know about that. I think mail in ballots will be difficult to eradicate from dim shitholes. They’ve found a fairly easy way to fabricate votes.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Hawkeye10 (03-04-2021), Matt Dillon (03-04-2021)