Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: CPAC Stage Looked Like NAZI Symbol; Attendees Hostile; CPAC May Be Done At Hyatt.

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

It must have been terrible to be part of the Hyatt staff tasked with asking Republicans to wear masks.

That's like asking for abuse!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    There goes the notion that Democrats/liberals had any idea about the design.

Or did the company know? Another conspiracy theory a-brewing.... it was designed to make them look like racists.
    No. That is referenced quite clearly in the thread you do not want to go to.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    No. That is referenced quite clearly in the thread you do not want to go to.
    What is referenced in there? BTW, I doubt it anyway.

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What is referenced in there? BTW, I doubt it anyway.
    That the owner of that company is Biden supporter and democrat. And that he used the exact same set up at DNC functions etc. Quite a few things.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

That the owner of that company is Biden supporter and democrat. And that he used the exact same set up at DNC functions etc. Quite a few things.
    I already know that. And the poor snowflakes said they wouldn't use their service no more. LOL.

6. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I already know that. And the poor snowflakes said they wouldn't use their service no more. LOL.
    They will. Probably have a few hundred million for that company in the Covid bill already.

7. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They will. Probably have a few hundred million for that company in the Covid bill already.
    So basically it all boils down to this question: Who were those people who were first to "notice" the design?

8. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So basically it all boils down to this question: Who were those people who were first to "notice" the design?
    People with way too much time on their hands.

9. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,727 Times in 27,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,585 Times in 18,174 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello evince,

It's obvious.

Trump is racist. The Republican party is now the Trump party. That makes the Republican party the racist party.

Undeniable.

It was the racist party long before trump

10. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-05-2021)

11. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

CPAC Attendees Boo, Yell ‘Freedom!’ After Being Told To Wear Masks

"Schneider and Patrick gently and sheepishly asked attendees to put on masks, with Schneider even appealing to the conservative crowd’s love of private property.

“I know this might sound like a little bit of a downer, but we also believe in property rights, and this is a private hotel,” he said, according to live video footage from the event. “And we believe in the rule of law, so we need to comply with the laws of this county that we’re in. But a private hotel, just like your house, gets to set its own rules.”

Patrick took it from there, telling the crowd, “So please everyone, when you’re in the ballroom, when you’re seated, you should still be wearing a mask. So if everybody can go ahead and work on that.”

Perhaps sensing growing anger in the room, Patrick added: “I know, I know, it’s not the most fun.”

“Booooo!” some of the attendees could be heard yelling. “Freedom!” cried others.

The tense moment was demonstrative of a conservative movement in America still awash in denialism of COVID-19, even though the virus has killed more than 500,000 in this country and even though CPAC’s 2020 gathering, held in Fort Washington, Maryland, sparked one of the pandemic’s first big stories after it was revealed that an infected attendee shook hands posed for photos with government officials and GOP bigwigs.

Journalists in Orlando this week have reported seeing many CPAC attendees wandering the hotel maskless.

“Just watched a #CPAC staff member ask an attendee multiple times to put his mask on,” tweeted Bloomberg News reporter William Turton. “He turned toward her, coughed, and kept walking. I’d say about 60-70% of attendees are wearing masks, despite a rule requiring masks.” "
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.