Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Default Another great democrt city a real shit hole

Philadelphia. Population: 1,569,657. Percent Democrat: 82.3%

Posted on February 12, 2021
    Philadelphia Homicides Up 55% So Far in 2021

https://www.amren.com/news/2021/02/p...o-far-in-2021/
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Philadelphia Defunds Police By $33 Million, Restores Funds For African American Museum

https://moguldom.com/286785/philadel...tment%20budget.

yes democrats de funding the police is a great ideal , and they wonder why their city's are shit holes ,
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

DEMOCRATS coddle criminals.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Philadelphia. Population: 1,569,657. Percent Democrat: 82.3%

Posted on February 12, 2021
    Philadelphia Homicides Up 55% So Far in 2021

https://www.amren.com/news/2021/02/p...o-far-in-2021/
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Philadelphia Defunds Police By $33 Million, Restores Funds For African American Museum

https://moguldom.com/286785/philadel...tment%20budget.

yes democrats de funding the police is a great ideal , and they wonder why their city's are shit holes ,
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The vast majority of all cities in the US are Democrat run, easy to find one to point out something you do not like.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    The vast majority of all cities in the US are Democrat run, easy to find one to point out something you do not like.
    yes when you de fu8nd the police you get more crime its that simple Casper , tell me what effect did you think it would have reduce crime ?
    it

It reduces enforcement , response time officers on the street , overtime and increases crime . only a moron would expect something different

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

yes when you de fu8nd the police you get more crime its that simple Casper , tell me what effect did you think it would have reduce crime ?
    it

It reduces enforcement , response time officers on the street , overtime and increases crime . only a moron would expect something different
    Have you seen me post anything on defunding the police on this site? Anything at all?

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Have you seen me post anything on defunding the police on this site? Anything at all?
    why no Casper I have not . but you are a democrat am I correct and I didnt mention you any way in my post casper I said what do you expect when you defund crime to go down

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

why no Casper I have not . but you are a democrat am I correct and I didnt mention you any way in my post casper I said what do you expect when you defund crime to go down
    Nope not a democrat either.

But since you asked:

I am Against Defunding the Police

I am for Police Reform which includes at least the following:
    Weeding out the bad apples, if an officer has multiple complaints against them the odds are they will eventually cause harm and cost the city money, very often the case,
    Be highly selective in those that you do hire, either right out of the academy or from another police department, it takes a specific personality and skill set to be a LEO.
    Clean up some of the bad departments out there, often they cover for bad behavior and can be a good old boys club that runs their own little empires.
    Better training for all and re-enforced training for those already serving, some of the training some cities provide is a joke at best and how we end up with problems.
    Better Pay, a Police Officer puts their life on the line for the rest of us, anyone that is willing to put themselves between innocent citizens knowing they may hurt or killed
    needs to make a decent living wage.
    Hire more healthcare officers that can go with or meet officers at certain types of calls, they are far better at assessing whether someone is possible danger to themselves or
    others. There was a case in California that always comes to mind where the family was getting ready to have their mentally ill some institutionalized because they knew he
    was not taking his meds, but prior to that happening the police were sent out to do a welfare check and they saw nothing wrong. The guy had two handguns and drove
    around town shooting people at random and I believe he shot himself in the end. Had a professional been with the cops on the welfare check who knows how much suffer
    may have been averted.
    I would also like to see officers spend more time walking around the communities they serve, if they just spent some of their time walking and meeting people attitudes can
    and do change on the part of the officers and the citizens, and it often leads to far better cooperation from the community when witnesses are needed.

I am sure there are many other ways to improve our police departments but those are just a few, but as you see if anything I would spend More money on Police Departments, and yes I would be fine paying a little more in taxes to get it done.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Nope not a democrat either.

But since you asked:

I am Against Defunding the Police

I am for Police Reform which includes at least the following:
    Weeding out the bad apples, if an officer has multiple complaints against them the odds are they will eventually cause harm and cost the city money, very often the case,
    Be highly selective in those that you do hire, either right out of the academy or from another police department, it takes a specific personality and skill set to be a LEO.
    Clean up some of the bad departments out there, often they cover for bad behavior and can be a good old boys club that runs their own little empires.
    Better training for all and re-enforced training for those already serving, some of the training some cities provide is a joke at best and how we end up with problems.
    Better Pay, a Police Officer puts their life on the line for the rest of us, anyone that is willing to put themselves between innocent citizens knowing they may hurt or killed
    needs to make a decent living wage.
    Hire more healthcare officers that can go with or meet officers at certain types of calls, they are far better at assessing whether someone is possible danger to themselves or
    others. There was a case in California that always comes to mind where the family was getting ready to have their mentally ill some institutionalized because they knew he
    was not taking his meds, but prior to that happening the police were sent out to do a welfare check and they saw nothing wrong. The guy had two handguns and drove
    around town shooting people at random and I believe he shot himself in the end. Had a professional been with the cops on the welfare check who knows how much suffer
    may have been averted.
    I would also like to see officers spend more time walking around the communities they serve, if they just spent some of their time walking and meeting people attitudes can
    and do change on the part of the officers and the citizens, and it often leads to far better cooperation from the community when witnesses are needed.

I am sure there are many other ways to improve our police departments but those are just a few, but as you see if anything I would spend More money on Police Departments, and yes I would be fine paying a little more in taxes to get it done.
    SOME OF THOSE ARE GOOD SOME ARE NOT iLL RESPOND AT ANOTHER TIME

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

SOME OF THOSE ARE GOOD SOME ARE NOT iLL RESPOND AT ANOTHER TIME
    At least they are ideas and hopefully some solutions. As I said I am sure there are many other ideas but unless we address them seriously then nothing will ever change and I doubt very many think what we have is working as well as it should. Anyway just some ideas, some may work some might not.