Thread: Noam Chomsky on Obama and his Cabinet Selections

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Noam Chomsky on Obama and his Cabinet Selections

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEJyrrgUvFI"]YouTube - Noam Chomsky on Obama and his Cabinet Selections[/ame]

"Many of those who Obama chose for his economic team shouldn't have been getting appointments, they should be getting subpoenas"

"His choices are like selecting Osama Bin Laden to run the war on terror"

"By now Jews in the US are the most privileged and influential part of the population... Anti-Semitism is no longer a problem, fortunately. Its raised, but its raised because privileged people want to make sure they have total control, not just 98% control."

With Obama, Israel and less than 2% of the American population. is now in full control of the American government.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,982 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 287 Times in 274 Posts

Israel controls the U.S. Gov't?

Wow. Thanks for the head's up.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yep nothing antisemitic about you guys. Carry on.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Watermark View Post
    Yep nothing antisemitic about you guys. Carry on.
    Don't be stupid.

Is Noam Chomsky "anti-semitic?"
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Don't be stupid.

Is Noam Chomsky "anti-semitic?"
    Does it make it feel better when it is a black man saying things like, "If you do the crime, do the time!"?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Does it make it feel better when it is a black man saying things like, "If you do the crime, do the time!"?
    Would that make him racist?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

The term is self-hating Jew, and there is no way you don't know that bac. I'm not saying that Chomsky is one. I like his work. But that would be the term. And I think that anyone can be self-hating. There are a lot of self-hating women. We call them the Republican Ladies Club, you probably have heard of them, they meet locally for lunch and stuff?

I like Chomsky, but, I just am not where he is at, at this time.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Actually I believe the definition of self hating is many heterosexual white male liberals.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    The term is self-hating Jew, and there is no way you don't know that bac. I'm not saying that Chomsky is one. I like his work. But that would be the term. And I think that anyone can be self-hating. There are a lot of self-hating women. We call them the Republican Ladies Club, you probably have heard of them, they meet locally for lunch and stuff?

I like Chomsky, but, I just am not where he is at, at this time.
    There are hundreds of organizations of so-called "self-hating" jews .. which usually means they don't kiss the ass of the Israeli government, and/or have the courage to speak truth as they see it.

My point about "Does that make him racist" was meant for Damo's comment about a black man speaking ill of black people. That doesn't make him racist and doesn't make him "self-hating."

Is Bill Cosby a "self-hating" black man? .. NO, he isn't. He's an arrogant bastard who hates to be challenged, but he isn't self-hating.

The term "self-hating" is bullshit in my opinion. If you're like me but don't agree with me, then you must be "self-hating" .. not that you have a different perspective.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Actually I believe the definition of self hating is many heterosexual white male liberals.
    Case in point .. I rest my case.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There are hundreds of organizations of so-called "self-hating" jews .. which usually means they don't kiss the ass of the Israeli government, and/or have the courage to speak truth as they see it.

My point about "Does that make him racist" was meant for Damo's comment about a black man speaking ill of black people. That doesn't make him racist and doesn't make him "self-hating."

Is Bill Cosby a "self-hating" black man? .. NO, he isn't. He's an arrogant bastard who hates to be challenged, but he isn't self-hating.

The term "self-hating" is bullshit in my opinion. If you're like me but don't agree with me, then you must be "self-hating" .. not that you have a different perspective.
    I agree it's used that way often, especially when it's applied to jews. I also agree about Bill Cosby on both counts. But I disagree that it's a bullshit term. There is no term which better describes someone like Ken Melham. A homosexual who was the head of an organization actively bashing and demonizing homosexuals in order to gain political power. I believe the term has its place.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Looking for some love from SF? Or just bucking for stupid points?

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,529 Times in 10,534 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Would it? Or would he be called something else that rhymes with Dom but doesn't mean lord?
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    I agree it's used that way often, especially when it's applied to jews. I also agree about Bill Cosby on both counts. But I disagree that it's a bullshit term. There is no term which better describes someone like Ken Melham. A homosexual who was the head of an organization actively bashing and demonizing homosexuals in order to gain political power. I believe the term has its place.
    Allow me to back up .. I agree that the term is over-used, often to the detriment of the quality of its use.

Melham does indeed qualify.