Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66

Thread: DEMOCRATS SHOULD PACK THE COURT. — REPUBLICANS DID IT FIRST

  1. #46 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    35,708
    Thanks
    10,718
    Thanked 20,159 Times in 13,954 Posts
    Groans
    236
    Groaned 1,487 Times in 1,404 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    I agree on Obama’s crime and horror against Libya, which was no different than the Bush crimes and horror against Iraq, but what does that have to do with the Supreme Court?
    someone mentioned Qaddafi in passing...

    Good Brother;do you believe it's been 10 years already?
    Libya is sliced up by regional big powers ( Turkey,Egypt,Russia, UAE, Qatar, etc) and still stalemated civil war

    Plus now the slave trade -since Tripoli cant stop the smuggling ....ISIS.. FUBAR

  2. #47 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    28,357
    Thanks
    10,064
    Thanked 13,093 Times in 7,892 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 1,093 Times in 1,022 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    i read it.
    nominating a replacement is not "packing"
    YES, IT IS when Garland is denied a confirmation hearing based on a rule that McConell just made up and pulled out of his ass about his confirmation would have been too close to an election, then nominate and confirm Barrett damn near on the day of the election. Clearly stated in the article and clearly known to all who know the politics of what republicans have done. Your only argument can be that your side gets to do whatever it wants but democrats have to play by any rules McConnell pull out of his ass.

    Surely that’s not your argument.

    ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES. who said that?
    Last edited by blackascoal; 03-03-2021 at 10:19 AM.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

    In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

  3. #48 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    8,931
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 5,280 Times in 3,196 Posts
    Groans
    100
    Groaned 1,085 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    SCOTUS just allowed a fraudulent election, and they are not good enough for you, not sheep enough for you?
    False premise. Post rejected.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

    blackascoal (03-03-2021)

  5. #49 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    28,357
    Thanks
    10,064
    Thanked 13,093 Times in 7,892 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 1,093 Times in 1,022 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    someone mentioned Qaddafi in passing...

    Good Brother;do you believe it's been 10 years already?
    Libya is sliced up by regional big powers ( Turkey,Egypt,Russia, UAE, Qatar, etc) and still stalemated civil war

    Plus now the slave trade -since Tripoli cant stop the smuggling ....ISIS.. FUBAR
    Mark me down as being against the attack on Libya from the moment it was concieved. There are plenty of witnesses on this board on your side who will validate the truth of that. In fact that’s why Anatta posted about Libya in this thread .. to distract from the conversation that he cannot defend.

    Obama’s attack on Libya was a Crime Against Humanity and validates why I never voted for him. I knew he was weak enough to engage in this kind of senseless horror.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

    In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

  6. #50 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    4,692
    Thanks
    897
    Thanked 653 Times in 570 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 39 Times in 39 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    REPUBLICANS HAVE LAUNCED AN ALL OUT OBVIOUS ATTACK ON THE RIGHT TO VOTE, ESPECIALLY FOR NON WHITE AMERICANS. GIVEN THAT THE RIGHT TO VOTE MUST BE PROTECTED BY THE SUPREME COURT, WHICH REPUBLICANS HAVE ALREADY PACKED, IT IS TIME FOR DEMOCRATS TO RESPOND AND PROTECT THE RIGHT TO VOTE. AFTER TRUMP’S LOSS IN THE 2020 ELECTION AND GIVEN THAT REPUBLICANS HAVEN’T WON THE POPULAR VOTE IN OBER 30 YEARS .. AND GIVEN THE DECLINING NUMBER OF AMERICANS THAT IDENTIFY AS REPUBLICANS THROUGH MANY DYING OUT AND THEIR OWN IGNORANCE, THEY KNOW THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN STAY COMPETITIVE INTO THE FUTURE IS TO LIMIT ACCESS TO VOTING BY NONWHITE AMERICANS, WHOSE VOTE THEY ALMOST NEVER WIN.

    DEMOCRATS CAN INCREASE THE NUMBERS ON THE COURT ABSOLUTELY. THE ONLY THING THAT STOPS THEM IS TIMIDITY AND A FALSE BELIEF IN BIPERTISANSHIP THAT REPUBLICANS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST IN.

    DEMOCRATS SHOULD PACK THE SUPREME COURT, REPUBLICANS DID IT FIRST
    — HARVARD POLITICAL REVIEW

    WITH THE PASSING OF JUSTICE RUTH BADER GINSBURG LAST YEAR AND THE SUCCESSFUL RUSH BY REPUBLICANS TO CONFIRM CONSERVATIVE AMY BARRETT AS A REPLACEMENT, THE IDEA OF COURT PACKING, INCREASING THE NUMBER OF JUSTICES FROM 9, HAS BEEN INCREASINGLY DISCUSSED AMONG LIBERAL AND DEMOCRATIC CIRCLES. REPUBLICANS LIKE TED CRUZ HAVE ASSAILED DEMOCRATS FOR THESE PROPOSALS, DEEMING THEM ATTACKS OM THE INTEGRITY OF OUR NATION. SUCH CRITIQUES IGNORE THE WAYS THAT REPUBLICANS LAWMAKERS HAVE ALREADY VIOLATED THE EXISTING CONVENTIONS REGARDING FEDERAL APPOINTMENTS., MANY OF WHICH THEY THEMSELVES SET. ACCORDINGLY DEMOCRATS DESIRES TO REFORM THE COURT SHOULD BE VIEWED AS A DEFENSIVE RESPONSE TO PRESERVE THE FAIRNESS OF THE COURT RATHER THAN AN OFFENSIVE ATTEMPT TO CORRUPT IT.

    harvardpolitics.com
    your a moron what your taking about is completely different and you know it. trump appointed justices when others left packing the court is a totally different thing, it means adding positions and putting people in only based on politics . the court has no need for additional justices

  7. #51 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    65,326
    Thanks
    17,612
    Thanked 17,626 Times in 13,238 Posts
    Groans
    628
    Groaned 1,116 Times in 1,060 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    You are obviously a right wing Republican, today best known for climbing up the walls of the Capitol trying to kill Mike Pence to destroy democracy, supporting the lies of THE worst president in American history, and believing that Hilary Clinton eats children and Jewish laser beams from outer space cause wildfires in California ... while socialism keeps your parents and millions of American seniors alive.

    Next
    Compared to millions? I'll pass.

  8. #52 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    29,414
    Thanks
    4,801
    Thanked 12,807 Times in 8,884 Posts
    Groans
    98
    Groaned 2,831 Times in 2,600 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    I agree on Obama’s crime and horror against Libya, which was no different than the Bush crimes and horror against Iraq, but what does that have to do with the Supreme Court?
    When gnatta'a brain crashes he reboots to about 2011 and all data after that is lost.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

    blackascoal (03-03-2021), LV426 (03-03-2021)

  10. #53 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    28,357
    Thanks
    10,064
    Thanked 13,093 Times in 7,892 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 1,093 Times in 1,022 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    your a moron what your taking about is completely different and you know it. trump appointed justices when others left packing the court is a totally different thing, it means adding positions and putting people in only based on politics . the court has no need for additional justices
    First, YOU’RE a moron, and if you read the article you would agree.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

    In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

  11. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

    PostmodernProphet (03-05-2021)

  12. #54 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    673
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 208 Times in 158 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 28 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    False premise. Post rejected.
    Not a false premise. (1) Chief Justice John Roberts is a well-known liberal and closet "Never Trumper". He and Trump had had numerous spectacular personal clashes on platforms like Twitter before Trump's election fraud case was presented to the Supreme Court; (2) Combine this with the fact that the SCOTUS simply "chickened out" in rejecting Trump legal argument - the sorry fact is that they just didn't have the guts to do the right thing.... Absolutely F**KING disgraceful.


    Dachshund

  13. #55 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    39,758
    Thanks
    4,654
    Thanked 9,109 Times in 6,788 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 2,752 Times in 2,542 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
    (1) Chief Justice John Roberts is a well-known liberal and closet "Never Trumper".
    How do you know that?


    He and Drumpf had had numerous spectacular personal clashes on platforms like Twitter before Drumpf's election fraud case was presented to the Supreme Court
    What were the clashes over?


    Combine this with the fact that the SCOTUS simply "chickened out" in rejecting Drumpf legal argument
    What was the legal argument?


    the sorry fact is that they just didn't have the guts to do the right thing
    What was "the right thing"?
    "Everything is Orwellian to a giant, talking pig like Josh Hawley"
    -Some brilliant person

  14. #56 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    28,357
    Thanks
    10,064
    Thanked 13,093 Times in 7,892 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 1,093 Times in 1,022 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    Compared to millions? I'll pass.

    I have no idea what that means but I’m pretty sure it won’t make any difference.

    It isn’t just your parents being kept kept alive by socialism.

    I’d suggest you pick another topic. You don’t appear versed enough to debate socialism with a socialist ... no offense intended.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

    In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

  15. #57 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    16,858
    Thanks
    9,230
    Thanked 8,815 Times in 6,054 Posts
    Groans
    179
    Groaned 319 Times in 313 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    REPUBLICANS HAVE LAUNCED AN ALL OUT OBVIOUS ATTACK ON THE RIGHT TO VOTE, ESPECIALLY FOR NON WHITE AMERICANS. GIVEN THAT THE RIGHT TO VOTE MUST BE PROTECTED BY THE SUPREME COURT, WHICH REPUBLICANS HAVE ALREADY PACKED, IT IS TIME FOR DEMOCRATS TO RESPOND AND PROTECT THE RIGHT TO VOTE. AFTER TRUMP’S LOSS IN THE 2020 ELECTION AND GIVEN THAT REPUBLICANS HAVEN’T WON THE POPULAR VOTE IN OBER 30 YEARS .. AND GIVEN THE DECLINING NUMBER OF AMERICANS THAT IDENTIFY AS REPUBLICANS THROUGH MANY DYING OUT AND THEIR OWN IGNORANCE, THEY KNOW THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN STAY COMPETITIVE INTO THE FUTURE IS TO LIMIT ACCESS TO VOTING BY NONWHITE AMERICANS, WHOSE VOTE THEY ALMOST NEVER WIN.

    DEMOCRATS CAN INCREASE THE NUMBERS ON THE COURT ABSOLUTELY. THE ONLY THING THAT STOPS THEM IS TIMIDITY AND A FALSE BELIEF IN BIPERTISANSHIP THAT REPUBLICANS HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST IN.

    DEMOCRATS SHOULD PACK THE SUPREME COURT, REPUBLICANS DID IT FIRST
    — HARVARD POLITICAL REVIEW

    WITH THE PASSING OF JUSTICE RUTH BADER GINSBURG LAST YEAR AND THE SUCCESSFUL RUSH BY REPUBLICANS TO CONFIRM CONSERVATIVE AMY BARRETT AS A REPLACEMENT, THE IDEA OF COURT PACKING, INCREASING THE NUMBER OF JUSTICES FROM 9, HAS BEEN INCREASINGLY DISCUSSED AMONG LIBERAL AND DEMOCRATIC CIRCLES. REPUBLICANS LIKE TED CRUZ HAVE ASSAILED DEMOCRATS FOR THESE PROPOSALS, DEEMING THEM ATTACKS OM THE INTEGRITY OF OUR NATION. SUCH CRITIQUES IGNORE THE WAYS THAT REPUBLICANS LAWMAKERS HAVE ALREADY VIOLATED THE EXISTING CONVENTIONS REGARDING FEDERAL APPOINTMENTS., MANY OF WHICH THEY THEMSELVES SET. ACCORDINGLY DEMOCRATS DESIRES TO REFORM THE COURT SHOULD BE VIEWED AS A DEFENSIVE RESPONSE TO PRESERVE THE FAIRNESS OF THE COURT RATHER THAN AN OFFENSIVE ATTEMPT TO CORRUPT IT.

    harvardpolitics.com
    WHAT UTTER NONSENSE.

    PLEASE SPECIFY HOW "THE RIGHT TO VOTE" HAS BEEN ATTACKED...FOR ANYONE.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..


    De Oppresso Liber

  16. #58 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    4,692
    Thanks
    897
    Thanked 653 Times in 570 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 39 Times in 39 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    First, YOU’RE a moron, and if you read the article you would agree.
    your a cock sucker do you agree

  17. #59 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    8,931
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 5,280 Times in 3,196 Posts
    Groans
    100
    Groaned 1,085 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
    Not a false premise. (1) Chief Justice John Roberts is a well-known liberal and closet "Never Trumper". He and Trump had had numerous spectacular personal clashes on platforms like Twitter before Trump's election fraud case was presented to the Supreme Court; (2) Combine this with the fact that the SCOTUS simply "chickened out" in rejecting Trump legal argument - the sorry fact is that they just didn't have the guts to do the right thing.... Absolutely F**KING disgraceful.


    Dachshund
    John Roberts does not do Twitter. He very rarely makes public statements, the idea he is a 'never Trumper' is laughable. As is the idea that the election was stolen. Or that SCOTUS 'chickened out'. Sorry poochie.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

    blackascoal (03-03-2021), CASPER (03-03-2021)

  19. #60 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    28,357
    Thanks
    10,064
    Thanked 13,093 Times in 7,892 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 1,093 Times in 1,022 Posts
    Blog Entries
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post
    WHAT UTTER NONSENSE.

    PLEASE SPECIFY HOW "THE RIGHT TO VOTE" HAS BEEN ATTACKED...FOR ANYONE.
    If this was anyone else but you I would attempt to sanely and civily discuss the rationale behind the VRA, but because its you, whom I know to be a racist and an imbecile, I won’t waste my time .. but here is a bone for you .. why the fuck do you think the VRA even exists? I suspect that you can’t even pass that test.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

    In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

Similar Threads

  1. "voters don't deserve to know" if Biden will pack the court
    By anatta in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 10-20-2020, 08:55 PM
  2. Biden will pack the court
    By anatta in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 10-08-2020, 09:15 AM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-02-2020, 06:16 AM
  4. CDC proves it's a pack of lying democrats. Says racism a PUBLIC HEATH CRISIS
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-14-2020, 08:04 PM
  5. Senate threatens to pack the Supreme Court
    By tsuke in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-14-2019, 09:08 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •