tinfoil (03-03-2021)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    ...and do a spread in MILF World magazine.

After all, she has 22 years experience whoring herself for Fox!

Ahh more calling women whores. And dumb dumb local fix affiliates =\= “fox news”

She stood up for her principles, and you called her a whore and objectified her.

What a shitty thing to do.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Underdog For This Post:

Lightbringer (03-03-2021), tinfoil (03-03-2021)

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Link please. (BTW, tinfoil was talking about conspiracy theorists, not the left wing bias)
    I love you now

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Google Rod Liddle and John Humphreys for starters.

It doesn’t matter what’s said – just who’s saying it
    ROD LIDDLE

The Liberal Democrat party’s foreign affairs spokesgoblin, Velma from Scooby-Doo — or ‘Layla Moran’ as she is known to close friends and family —has decided that freedom of speech on university campuses is of absolutely no consequence. Indeed, she described the government’s initiative to preserve the rights of students to hear a diverse range of opinions as ‘divisive’ and quite unnecessary, while she was appearing on one of those BBC Question Time editions that nobody watches any more. Velma presumably thoroughly approved of her own party’s subsequent decision to remove the tweeted clip of her spouting this bilge so that the public couldn’t hear it. If you are opposed to freedom of speech it is important to be consistent on the issue, and so if one’s own freedom of speech is repressed one should rejoice rather than cavil.

Velma’s views seem to accord with those of Nadia Whittome, the Labour MP for Nottingham East — the youngest of our parliamentarians at 24 years old and with a mental age of approximately seven and a half months. In July, Whittome explained that talking about things was a gateway to hatred. She said: ‘We must not fetishise “debate” as though debate is itself an innocuous, neutral act. The very act of debate in these cases is an effective rollback of assumed equality and a foot in the door for doubt and hatred.’ Whittome was on this occasion referring specifically to the righteous fight for trans emancipation — an obsession undoubtedly shared by her 60,000 constituents who habitually refer to what we once called ‘women’ as ‘menstruators’ and are anxious to ensure that men in wigs are allowed access to women’s toilets, prisons, sporting events, etc. That is, after all, why they turned up at the polling station and voted for her. If this is not the case, perhaps they could review their bizarre decision in 2024.

Most frequently, the reason given for opposing freedom of speech, either on university campuses or in public life, is that it can ‘hurt’ vulnerable minority groups, such as men in wigs. This is implicit in the constant assertions that some students will not feel ‘safe’ if somebody turns up one evening and says something with which they might disagree. But this is a deception and should be recognised as such. The real reason the likes of Velma and Whittome do not respect freedom of speech and debate is that when exposed to scrutiny their worldview subsides into nothingness, like a house built with butterscotch–flavour Angel Delight, rather than with bricks and mortar. The patent idiocies of their non-sequitur shibboleths — ‘white privilege’, ‘structural racism’, ‘gender pay gap’ and the notion that gender differences are (in the case of trans people) a social construct or, in the case of gays and lesbians, ‘hard-wired’, do not stand up to even the gentlest of scrutiny and many — such as the last — are actually paradoxical. They are absurdities, easily swatted away with logic.

However, if you do this, the lefties will reach deep into their grab-bag of terms which they have invented to close down argument and you will be accused of the aforementioned ‘white privilege’, or of bully-ing, mansplaining or gaslighting. The facts and logic of your argument are not being challenged: your opponent is playing the man, not the ball, with recourse to meaningless nonce words or phrases. Increasingly it seems to me that bullying, mansplaining and gaslighting are all simply a case of somebody telling somebody something which they need to hear but which, for reasons of stupidity, they are reluctant to hear. Properly speaking, bullying should mean getting your head kicked in on a daily basis by someone who doesn’t like the look of you. It does not mean a white, male, public-school-educated civil servant being upbraided for his uselessness or obstructiveness by a diminutive BAME female secretary of state. Nor should it refer to the CEO of a company telling his highly paid employees that during this pandemic they should man up a bit and stop whining.

The broadcaster Piers Morgan was accused of ‘bullying’ this week. A freelancer who had worked for him was disparaging on social media about his experience. Morgan responded by suggesting he was as much use as a ‘lobotomised aardvark’. More than 1,000 TV freelancers wrote to Morgan’s employers denouncing his bullying of this chap. It isn’t bullying, by any stretch of the imagination. It is simply a riposte — and probably well-deserved. Mansplaining, meanwhile, is the act of a man explaining something to a woman. It is something we are not allowed to do any more. We should just let them get on with it.

And white privilege? I was once accused of this most modern of evils by that political colossus David Lammy MP. I had written an article suggesting that a contributory factor in violent behaviour of some young black kids in London — all those stabbings — might be that so few of them had a father living at home with them. This was, according to Lammy, the very apogee of white privilege. Imagine, as a former comprehensive school kid from the north-east of England, how it felt to be called out for my privilege by a Harvard-educated former government minister. I wept for weeks after. Imagine still more my surprise when I discovered that a couple of years earlier Lammy had made exactly the same connection between absent fathers and the epidemic of stabbings among London’s young black community.

This is the perfect example of my whole point: it is not the facts that were at issue, for Lammy agreed with them. The facts were beside the point. It was that a political opponent had said them. Playing the man, not the ball. Mind you, I do wonder — a little, a little — how the hell the bloke got into Harvard, given some of his recent pronouncements.

Rod Middle in this week's Spectator.
    This is the best post in the thread. Thank you so much

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    True. The perspectives are funny to each other.

"For the Left the bias they see and hear in the media is welcome." - The Leftists laugh
    "For the Right the bias they see and hear in the media is welcome." - The Rightists laugh
    I was gonna say this too! You beat me to it

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Fuck whoever it is. Eat me cock sucking loser traitor.
    this is why we can't have nice things......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Got any sauce for this?
    he had to get sauced to post it......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

tinfoil (03-03-2021)

14. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

She's a good person and she is right.

15. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cordeela View Post
    Again the lefties on here dish out personal insults and fail to address the very important matter to do with censorship and media bias/lies. This woman spoke out for truth and integrity.
    Tucker Carlson sold out. She has not. We need more like her.
    When you look at the cops who "just follow orders" when they beat up ordinary citizens for non criminal offences (especially in UK). I could never assault an ordinary person protesting or for breaching covid mask wearing rules or 6 feet distance rule. I would resign from the police force. It takes courage and integrity to do what this former TV Anchor has done.
    If she was a leftie she would just sell out completely dish out the lies day in and day out.
    Most large metroplex areas have Fox News affilliate stations, and they do not follow the Politically Biased path of the FOX NEWS channel of producing politically motivated HATESPEAK!

Our Fox News affiliate station here in the DFW area only produces news that would be considered unbiased by anyone. The news you see on a Fox Affiliate station is of a neutral and fairly balanced newscasts of just the facts without rhetoric and political spin.

Also here in DFW, we have a choice of several channels of local news to choose from, and they are all neutrally balanced newscasts that are trusted to tell their news stories without any kind of political favoring one party over another.

About 10 years ago, a couple of highly respected News anchors for our WBAP channel who we were used to watching every day and night here were suddenly fired for attending a State Republican Political Campaign Fundraising party in Austin, Texas- NOT AS NEWS ANCHORS BUT AS DONORS AND PROMOTERS and HONORARY GUESTS. They were fired immediately on their next day back.

Because our citizens of this community do not want politically biased NEWS ANCHORS- either way- telling them their news, weather, or sports!

All of our local news stations here basically have to compete in a large diverse heavily competitive market.

If and when a news anchor on any local station challenges this, and starts including some kind of personally biased information, or it is discovered that any news anchor would be associated with extreme RIGHT or LEFT political organizations, they would be fired immediately- AS OUR LOCAL viewers of the news would demand.

I hope this helps!

There are already Nationally Broadcast Cable or satellite stations such as FOX NEWS, MSNBC, CNN etc, for that if that is what people want to watch- WE JUST DON'T WANT THAT KIND OF BIASED NEWS IN OUR LOCAL MARKETS!

16. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,262 Times in 7,145 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,197 Times in 1,112 Posts

Firing news anchors with political bias in local News markets here in TEXAS is nothing new. It happens quite often here!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...facebook-post/

https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-ente...ce-goes-viral/

There are many other firings, as this happens more than you think, but you would have to dig through pages and pages of news stories over the last 20 years to be able to reference them here today.

17. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,340 Times in 8,498 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    New anchor quits and calls out media bias
    Wow, FoxNews is too liberal for her?

18. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,453 Times in 52,468 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Wow, FoxNews is too liberal for her?
    Proving even hot, successful GILFs can have wackadoodle ideas.

Maybe she'll pop up at OANN or Trump TV?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Walt (03-04-2021)