Hyatt Hotels releases statement further distancing company from CPAC’s Nazi stage

Last week, amidst the raving and the lies and the misinformation of the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) “America Uncanceled” money pit, some people pointed out that the stage design for the event had a very particular shape. In fact, many people thought that the shape of the stage was more than reminiscent of the Nazi Odal rune—also known as the Othala rune. The use of the runic alphabet system’s symbology was a part of the Nazi mythologizing in the 20th century about its Aryan history. Taken to mean property or ancestral property, you can see why a bunch of Nazis fetishizing blood lines and purity would take to such symbology. You would also consider the relationship between the conservative movement and white supremacists a context that might make its appearance at a big conservative event distressing.

CPAC organizers very quickly dismissed this design similarity as “outrageous and slanderous.” Hyatt Hotels, the chain housing this big collection of lies, said they had nothing to do with the design and denounced symbols like the Odal rune as “abhorrent.” CPAC chair Matt Schlapp tweeted that “Stage design conspiracies are outrageous and slanderous. We have a long standing commitment to the Jewish community. Cancel culture extremists must address antisemitism within their own ranks. CPAC proudly stands with our Jewish allies, including those speaking from this stage.” Of course, when you are the political party that houses Rep. Marjorie Greene and wildly anti-Semitic conspiracy theories connecting Jewish world domination to child sex trafficking and Muslim caliphates and the Democratic Party, forgive me if I stare at you with a jaundiced eye.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...tail=emaildkre
It's silly. Trump is a fascist, not a Nazi. I guess that a stage based upon Brancusi's fascist Futurism was beyond the capabilities of the designers.

Haw, haw........................haw.