Thread: The most useless university degrees

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,001 Times in 8,370 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Does not legion and his various troll incarnations have close to 200,000 posts? Professional loser does not pay any salary.

My cousin got a degree in Art History and had a mid level management job in the Canadian government.

I do not think there is such a thing as a useless degree. It just depends on the motivation and discipline of the individual.

The people yucking it up about useless college degrees generally strike me as Deplorables who chose to take wood shop in high school in place of physics, calculus, chemistry and AP electives.
    I'll bet my brother the machinist makes more money than you or your maple syrup sipping cousin.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    I only ever drink black coffee and order it that way but I always know who has the PhD behind the counter, it's the one that asks if I want room for milk.
    Tell him that you like your coffee like you like your women: hot, black and bitter.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,650 Times in 27,304 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by China Joe View Post
    Every time I go to Starbucks and order a black coffee I laugh at the guy behind the counter with his useless degree. I have a BS in engineering.
    You sound like a cruel and soulless life form.

I earned a degree which is generally not thought of as conventionally useful, and had to drive a bakery truck for 6 months before I was able to line my ducks up.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (03-03-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-03-2021)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Every time I go to Starbucks and order a black coffee I laugh at the guy behind the counter with his useless degree. I have a BS in engineering.
    I bet they spit in your drink.

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    I earned a degree which is generally not thought of as conventionally useful, and had to drive a bakery truck for 6 months before I was able to line my ducks up.
    I heard you were fired for stalking the women who worked in the bakery.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless View Post
    In California, CEQA probably alone created thousands of jobs for archaeologists.
    Probably?

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You sound like a cruel and soulless life form.

It's not my fault some chose a degree without thinking of the end game. I assume by "lining ducks up" you ran them over with your truck.

I chose my career so I could live almost anywhere, then got the degree that it required. I worked in my degree field starting after completing my freshman year, every other semester to make money to pay for school. I also worked on campus driving a bus, then again in my career field every summer, and every vacation even if it was only a week long. Towards the end of my last semester I was already paying off my tuition loans and I had less than $200 in the bank.

Two weeks prior to my last final exam I started a 70 hour per week gig and that lasted 6 months. It also included a decent hotel room and a pier diem. I went from poverty to High Cotton by making one phone call.

Before that gig was up I landed a full time StateGovCo job. I quit that after a year, and again one phone call had another gig, stipulating the time frame myself this time at 6 months because I wanted to move to another state but needed to save money to make that happen.

When I made my move I first chose the city. Then I identified three consulting firms, sent my resume to each and got three interviews. I scheduled all three for a two-day time period and got offers from all three.

I've quit every job that I've ever had and have never been fired. I don't feel sorry for the slackers who never planned, or didn't plan well.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Anonymous View Post
    I bet they spit in your drink.
    I don't LOL.

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,382 Times in 52,421 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anonymous View Post
    The most useless university degrees
    duhhhh look at pictures duhhhhh
    Associate of Art-Youtube Reviews.

Bachelor of Arts - Internet Posting.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Controlled Opposition (03-04-2021)

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    I'll bet my brother the machinist makes more money than you or your maple syrup sipping cousin.
    That is an incredibly stupid bet to propose since you cannot prove any of it. More importantly, I do not discuss salaries or pensions with strangers or losers.

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,001 Times in 8,370 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

That is an incredibly stupid bet to propose since you cannot prove any of it. More importantly, I do not discuss salaries or pensions with strangers or losers.
    Doesn't mean I'm wrong

I don't give a fuck what you do or dont do

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's not my fault some chose a degree without thinking of the end game. I assume by "lining ducks up" you ran them over with your truck.

I chose my career so I could live almost anywhere, then got the degree that it required. I worked in my degree field starting after completing my freshman year, every other semester to make money to pay for school. I also worked on campus driving a bus, then again in my career field every summer, and every vacation even if it was only a week long. Towards the end of my last semester I was already paying off my tuition loans and I had less than $200 in the bank.

Two weeks prior to my last final exam I started a 70 hour per week gig and that lasted 6 months. It also included a decent hotel room and a pier diem. I went from poverty to High Cotton by making one phone call.

Before that gig was up I landed a full time StateGovCo job. I quit that after a year, and again one phone call had another gig, stipulating the time frame myself this time at 6 months because I wanted to move to another state but needed to save money to make that happen.

When I made my move I first chose the city. Then I identified three consulting firms, sent my resume to each and got three interviews. I scheduled all three for a two-day time period and got offers from all three.

I've quit every job that I've ever had and have never been fired. I don't feel sorry for the slackers who never planned, or didn't plan well.
    Unfortunately, I stopped reading at the second paragraph because I am not that interested in your life.

If you want to walk into Starbucks and laugh at the employees making your coffee, that is your choice.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-03-2021)

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I don't feel sorry for the slackers who never planned, or didn't plan well.
    There's no reason why anyone should.

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Tell him that you like your coffee like you like your women: hot, black and bitter.
    Like TTQ64, but not hot?

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,341 Times in 53,241 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Does not legion and his various troll incarnations have close to 200,000 posts? Professional loser does not pay any salary.

My cousin got a degree in Art History and had a mid level management job in the Canadian government.

I do not think there is such a thing as a useless degree. It just depends on the motivation and discipline of the individual.

The people yucking it up about useless college degrees generally strike me as Deplorables who chose to take wood shop in high school in place of physics, calculus, chemistry and AP electives.
    Whores gotta whore. It's telling when a particular troll starts 100s of threads about "teachers in the news" and constantly denigrates higher education. Revealing... very revealing.

I hope you're not too disappointed but I did not take physics, calculus, or chemistry in h.s.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Cypress (03-03-2021), Doc Dutch (03-03-2021)