Thread: Trump is fading in CPAC poll

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Trump is fading in CPAC poll

Republican strategist Karl Rove on Sunday needled former President Donald Trump for losing popularity among his core supporters at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

While waiting for the former president, who was an hour late for his speech, Fox News host John Roberts talked to Rove about the results of a CPAC straw poll.

"95% said they wanted the party to continue his policies," Roberts explained "70% of people said that they wanted to see him run again but 55% said that they would vote for him. I thought that number might have been higher."

"Bingo," Rove agreed. "Remember, this was a group that came to this meeting for largely one reason: President Trump was going to be there. This is the truest Trump believers. And for him to only get 55% says -- as I said in my column -- he is losing strength because he's not introducing something new. He's losing strength whether he recognizes it."

I'd take that as a cautionary not," he added. "He needs to refresh his act. He needs to change and he needs to offer a vision for the future."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-28-2021), signalmankenneth (03-02-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,217 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

You kidding, those lemmings would support and vote for Trump even if he did kill another on 5th Avenue in broad day light, the MAGA militia will be the MAGA militia until the day they die

4. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-28-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    You kidding, those lemmings would support and vote for Trump even if he did kill another on 5th Avenue in broad day light, the MAGA militia will be the MAGA militia until the day they die
    55% would.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,217 Times in 13,952 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    55% would.
    Would be higher than 55%, those attending CPAC aren’t ever going to change, are and will always be part of the MAGA militia

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

Althea (02-28-2021), Guno צְבִי (02-28-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-01-2021)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,030 Times in 14,526 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Republican strategist Karl Rove on Sunday needled former President Donald Trump for losing popularity among his core supporters at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

While waiting for the former president, who was an hour late for his speech, Fox News host John Roberts talked to Rove about the results of a CPAC straw poll.

"95% said they wanted the party to continue his policies," Roberts explained "70% of people said that they wanted to see him run again but 55% said that they would vote for him. I thought that number might have been higher."

"Bingo," Rove agreed. "Remember, this was a group that came to this meeting for largely one reason: President Trump was going to be there. This is the truest Trump believers. And for him to only get 55% says -- as I said in my column -- he is losing strength because he's not introducing something new. He's losing strength whether he recognizes it."

I'd take that as a cautionary not," he added. "He needs to refresh his act. He needs to change and he needs to offer a vision for the future."
    trump's hidden secrets have yet to be exposed, but this year will be telling for those who never knew trump.

We in NY have known all about him for decades.

Today at QPAC was nothing more than therapy for the attention whore who simply cannot stand to be inconsequential. He cannot run in '24, but every appearance he makes is about fundraising.

Wait until the mainstream Republicans begin their attacks. trump will keep his 30% base, but if Republicans stepped up last month, they would be rid of him. They screwed up, and will pay the price.

I'm going to love seeing them eat their young.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-28-2021), Guno צְבִי (02-28-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-01-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,820 Times in 17,256 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,595 Times in 4,273 Posts

Trump is fading. He knows he needs constant access to the media. He has lost Twitter. Trump will be a bad memory soon.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,102 Times in 12,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Debacle in Iraq should have ended Karl Rove, such disastrous misjudgment, such monstrous lies.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    The Debacle in Iraq should have ended Karl Rove, such disastrous misjudgment, such monstrous lies.
    How strange that not once during the Bush years did you complain about Rove. But now its time to hate anything that disagrees with you

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,102 Times in 12,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

How strange that not once during the Bush years did you complain about Rove. But now its time to hate anything that disagrees with you
    My wife did 3.5 years in the combat theater leaving me to raise three kids and work full time, and leaving her with multiple health problems which will almost certainly shorten her life significantly as well as major PTSD which majorly has lowered the quality of her life and mine......and it was all for nothing.

And go fuck yourself.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (03-03-2021)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My wife did 3.5 years in the combat theater leaving me to raise three kids and work full time, and leaving her with multiple health problems which will almost certainly shorten her life significantly as well as major PTSD which majorly has lowered the quality of her life and mine......and it was all for nothing.

And go fuck yourself.
    Difficult to believe a single word you post, honey bunch. Every word, sentence, paragraph is a lie.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-28-2021)

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,647 Times in 16,577 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Difficult to believe a single word you post, honey bunch. Every word, sentence, paragraph is a lie.
    I don't find it difficult to believe...why do you? If you've got proof, no problem..otherwise, you've got nothing...."honey bunch" doesn't help your cause....

18. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

That is hilarious.

There is zero percent doubt you were a cheerleader for invading Iraq, spent years defending the decision to invade, and have never once admitted that anti-war liberals had vastly superior judgement to yours on the merits of the war.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-28-2021), Guno צְבִי (02-28-2021)

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,839 Times in 14,181 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    trump's hidden secrets have yet to be exposed, but this year will be telling for those who never knew trump.

We in NY have known all about him for decades.

Today at QPAC was nothing more than therapy for the attention whore who simply cannot stand to be inconsequential. He cannot run in '24, but every appearance he makes is about fundraising.

Wait until the mainstream Republicans begin their attacks. trump will keep his 30% base, but if Republicans stepped up last month, they would be rid of him. They screwed up, and will pay the price.

I'm going to love seeing them eat their young.
    Yep we knew the grifter for decades in NY, the rubes in flyover country not, they became easy marks
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Althea (02-28-2021)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

he has nothing new to add. he is one of the most unoriginal men to be president....

He even stole his theme of make American great again from Reagan..

His entire time he did nothing more, & much less in some areas than he said he would..

he simply ran on the juice he had, which in the end was not enough.. he could have easily overcome that by lying to the none fans, wouldn't even need that many to swing the election but he failed to even bother...

He is simply running now on the game he did before "If I lose the nomination then I was cheated ~If I lose the election then I was cheated"........

He had the entire robbery planned but when he surprising won & saved it for the next time-
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,030 Times in 14,526 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    He had the entire robbery planned but when he surprising won & saved it for the next time-
    The idiot tried to recycle his losing ploy from '16. He didn't realize it doesn't work if you're in office.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-28-2021)