Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Joe Biden’s pro-union message is so significant

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    On Sunday, President Joe Biden did something not heard from a president of the United States in some time: He offered a full-throated endorsement of a worker’s right to collectively bargain.

“Workers in Alabama — and all across America — are voting on whether to organize a union in their workplace,” Biden said in the video. “It’s a vitally important choice — one that should be made without intimidation or threats by employers.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...nt/ar-BB1e7WBt
    Biden lies just like you .its natural for democrats

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Show of hand voting was banned many years ago in dear old Blighty.
    However, they simply made it so the cards they collect would be the "vote". They show up at your desk and try to strongarm you into filling out a card, they are standing behind your car and won't let you leave... then they show up at your door if you are particularly stubborn and make veiled threats at your family too.

A nice vote on paper that they cannot watch, in other words an anonymous ballot, protects both the company and the employees as both organizations (company and union) want something from the employee and in some cases will intimidate to get it.

Then if you don't join their little group and you force them to give you back the money they spend on political nonsense then they send in folks that talk real loudly nearby to tell you how they "hate the folks that do that and they wished they would all get fired first" and "we know where they park"...

This was my life before coronavirus.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    What good have the unions done in my lifetime (since 1986)?

Hell, the year I was born started with the Challenger explosion. A nice bit if engineering by AFGE workers.
    Public sector unions? Not one damn bit of good.

Private sector unions, probably more than you're willing to admit.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    However, they simply made it so the cards they collect would be the "vote". They show up at your desk and try to strongarm you into filling out a card, they are standing behind your car and won't let you leave... then they show up at your door if you are particularly stubborn and make veiled threats at your family too.

A nice vote on paper that they cannot watch, in other words an anonymous ballot, protects both the company and the employees as both organizations (company and union) want something from the employee and in some cases will intimidate to get it.

Then if you don't join their little group and you force them to give you back the money they spend on political nonsense then they send in folks that talk real loudly nearby to tell you how they "hate the folks that do that and they wished they would all get fired first" and "we know where they park"...

Yeh we had all bullshit as well until it was changed by law to a secret ballot.

https://www.gov.uk/industrial-action...lding-a-ballot

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post

I'm surprised that you're in a union to be honest!

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Show of hand voting was banned many years ago in dear old Blighty.
    so how are Thai workers doing in that poverty stricken shit hole under the gook king
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-02-2021)

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

so how are Thai workers doing in that poverty stricken shit hole under the gook king
    goopk king talk about a raciest bastard you are it you stupid bastard. Did your mother teach you that word. I bet she was one and your to stupid to even know what it means .

here you raciest asshole let me post it so you will know

Gook (/ ˈɡuːk / or / ˈɡʊk /) is a derogatory term for people of Asian descent. The term may have originated among U.S. Marines during the Philippine-American War (1899 – 1902). If so, it could be related to the use of "gook" as a slang term for prostitute during that period.

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,529 Times in 52,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Unions built the middle class that created the strongest and fairest economy in history. That is precisely why the wealthy went after unions nonstop. They were successful. You have heard zero good things about unions in your lifetimes. The anti-union haye has been spoon-fed to Americans for several decades. I talked to a couple 20 some-year-olds who were talking nasty about unions. I asked why they felt that way. They had no response other than "everyone knows they are bad". Yes the propaganda has been effective.
    The RWers want us to believe that corporations will have our best interests at heart and that giving them huge tax breaks will trickle down wages and bennies upon the peasants at the bottom. Life doesn't work that way. Unions make sure that the workers receive fair wages, benefits, and are protected from being fired in "at will" states. That's why the Reichwing wants to get rid of them.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    goopk king talk about a raciest bastard you are it you stupid bastard. Did your mother teach you that word. I bet she was one and your to stupid to even know what it means .

here you raciest asshole let me post it so you will know

Gook (/ ˈɡuːk / or / ˈɡʊk /) is a derogatory term for people of Asian descent. The term may have originated among U.S. Marines during the Philippine-American War (1899 – 1902). If so, it could be related to the use of "gook" as a slang term for prostitute during that period.
    He was floating off the Vietnam coast during the war, cleaning out the bilges and he's hated whitey ever since. Never once seen an avowed liberal ever call him out for his racism.

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yeh we had all bullshit as well until it was changed by law to a secret ballot.

https://www.gov.uk/industrial-action...lding-a-ballot
    Yeah, but in this state they'll never do that. Democrats run things so the intimidation from the union is "benevolent foreplay" but the company asking for a secret ballot is "intimidation".
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

12. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm surprised that you're in a union to be honest!
    I am not a member, but I am forced to pay them for "representing" me. Which really means I am paying for them to treat me like something they stepped in and attempt to intimidate me. They kept trying until "card check" (no secret ballot) got implemented and then intimidated folks into signing cards. I refused, and ever since that time... well, you've heard me describe some of it. Thankfully, so long as you are not a member, you can object to the political spending and get money back from the union, and with this one it is about a third of your "dues"... that's substantial considering how many employees the Death Star has.
    - -- Aristotle

- -- The Buddha

- -- Aristotle

13. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Rightys want to get the benefits the unions fought for without even paying dues. Unions fought for safer working conditions. They fought for healthcare and other benefits. They fought for worker protections and some job security. They fought for higher wages.
    Do you know they literally fought the owner's goons? Many got hurt and killed.
    America is under the control of the rich and powerful and their anti-union message is everywhere. Sadly, many cannot analyze the facts very well.
    My grandfather was here. https://timeline.com/rockefellers-hi...e-115ae488164c

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Rightys want to get the benefits the unions fought for without even paying dues. Unions fought for safer working conditions. They fought for healthcare and other benefits. They fought for worker protections and some job security. They fought for higher wages.
    Do you know they literally fought the owner's goons? Many got hurt and killed.
    America is under the control of the rich and powerful and their anti-union message is everywhere. Sadly, many cannot analyze the facts very well.
    My grandfather was here. https://timeline.com/rockefellers-hi...e-115ae488164c
    How is any of that an argument against having secret ballots? We've had them since the 80s.

15. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

On Sunday, President Joe Biden did something not heard from a president of the United States in some time: He offered a full-throated endorsement of a worker’s right to collectively bargain.

“Workers in Alabama — and all across America — are voting on whether to organize a union in their workplace,” Biden said in the video. “It’s a vitally important choice — one that should be made without intimidation or threats by employers.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...nt/ar-BB1e7WBt

so the government sets up am amazon monopoly then pretends to care about workers... lol

16. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

It’s becoming more and more evident that Biden is 10 times the dictator Trump ever aspired to be. He has already sent tanks and troops into Syria, without congressional approval, bombed Syria without congressional approval, signed over 40 EO, and has kept US troops in the Capitol for a month without a mission. And he refuses to hold any press conferences.