Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Just an FYI... Rule 14... If all you do is follow someone around...

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,500 Times in 52,499 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,514 Times in 2,471 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Every teabagger I know seems to get offended by the term. Makes no sense. It's their own making, as you already suggested.
    Proving they are butthurt snowflakes who would be the first to be teabagged in prison....as many of the Insurrectionists are finding out.

https://theweek.com/articles/494697/...ord-tea-bagger
    The grassroots movement didn't always consider "tea bagger" a slur: Early Tea Partiers innocently embraced the term until they discovered its vulgar connotations (see also the 1998 John Waters movie Pecker). In a twist, some conservatives have recently advocated that the word be reclaimed. Here's a look at the evolution of the insult:

Feb. 27, 2009
    At the first anti-stimulus "New American Tea Party" rally in Washington D.C., a protestor carries a sign reading "Tea Bag the Liberal Dems before they Tea Bag You!!" The Washington Independent's David Weigel calls it "the best sign I saw."

March 2
    Americans for Prosperity, an anti-tax group, is one of the first Tea Party organizations to advocate sending tea bags to elected officials to protest the stimulus package. Several other lobby groups follow suit.

April 1
    Several Tea Party protest sites encourage readers to "Tea bag the fools in DC." Jay Nordlinger at National Review Online later admits: "Conservatives started [using the term]... but others ran and ran with it."

April 9
    Rachel Maddow is the first to mock the Tea Party's use of the phrase on her left-leaning MSNBC show. "Even Governor Mark Sanford of South Carolina is getting in on the hot tea-bagging action," she says, stifling laughter. (Watch Rachel Maddow joke about the "tea baggers")

April 13
    David Shuster, filling in for liberal commentator Keith Olbermann on MSNBC, also makes fun of the phrase. "While the parties are officially toothless, the tea-baggers are full-throated about their goals," he says. Jeff Poor at the Business and Media Insitute says that the MSNBC comments are "lost in juvenile criticism and ignoring the reason there is discontent from the conservative base"

April 14
    Anderson Cooper, on his avowedly non-partisan CNN show, makes a similar crack, but later back-pedals, calling his remark a "stupid, silly, one-line aside" that was not meant to "disparage legitimate protests."

September 10
    Badges with the message "Proud to be a Tea Bagger" are still on sale at Tea Party events, according to an article written later in the year.

November 10
    A report in The New York Times claims the President called Tea Partiers "the teabag, anti-government people" prompting the blog Redstate to respond: "Sexual innuendo is inappropriate in political discourse. The Left and their media tools need a soap bar sandwich to clean up their act."

December 7
    In an article for National Review Online, Jay Nordlinger notes that the word is being used so regularly, it is beginning to lose its pejorative association. "'Tory' and 'Whig' were put-downs when they originated," he notes, and "'Yankee Doodle' was none too nice." However, he suggests conservatives should continue to oppose the "lowdown term."

April 14, 2010
    Prominent conservative Andrew Breitbart posts a video on the site Big Government in an attempt to reclaim the term. "I'm Proud to be a Tea Bagger" currently has over 90,000 views.

May 4
    In his book, Alter quotes Obama saying that GOP opposition to the stimulus package "helped to create the tea-baggers." Grover Norquist, president of the Americans for Tax Reform group, compares it to the pejorative use of the N-word.

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Althea (03-08-2021), Guno צְבִי (03-08-2021), no worries (03-08-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-08-2021)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wonder if more than the usual 2 suspects were engaging in the shitposting would there be a warning to "take it to the warzone"?

lol

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by no worries View Post
    They stated 12b rule, now I'm using a disclaimer Teabagger (www.teaparty.org)

They might frown on that too, I'll see.
    Teabagging is no more a 12b than cocksucking or pussy eating since it's all among adults.

Anyone filing that claim is a whining snowflake who needs to go home and hide in his parents basement.

See the evolution of the term in my previous post.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

no worries (03-08-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-08-2021)

6. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,036 Times in 766 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 155 Times in 147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Teabagging is no more a 12b than cocksucking or pussy eating since it's all among adults.

Anyone filing that claim is a whining snowflake who needs to go home and hide in his parents basement.

See the evolution of the term in my previous post.
    IDK, that was the claim, so I figured it must have been the term, teabagger (www.teaparty.org)

You make a very good point in post 61, thanks.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to no worries For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-08-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-08-2021)

8. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

IDK, that was the claim, so I figured it must have been the term, teabagger (www.teaparty.org)

It's a sexual claim but not pedophilia just like cocksucker, faggot, buttfucking, motherfucker, simp and a host of other sexualized terms tossed around on JPP. Even the Teabaggers called themselves Teabaggers.

Of course the Party of Trump has destroyed the Tea Party too just like the Republican Party. Now it's all one big happy cult.

I keep waiting for Trump to come out on Trump TV wearing a robe and declaring that he should be called "Prophet" or "His majesty".

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

no worries (03-08-2021)

10. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's a sexual claim but not pedophilia just like cocksucker, faggot, buttfucking, motherfucker, simp and a host of other sexualized terms tossed around on JPP. Even the Teabaggers called themselves Teabaggers.

Of course the Party of Trump has destroyed the Tea Party too just like the Republican Party. Now it's all one big happy cult.

I keep waiting for Trump to come out on Trump TV wearing a robe and declaring that he should be called "Prophet" or "His majesty".

THAT, I can't tell you, SOMETHING sent SOMEONE over the edge, that's for sure, 12 b?

11. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

THAT, I can't tell you, SOMETHING sent SOMEONE over the edge, that's for sure, 12 b?
    Not my call but I can't see the logic. No doubt there are two sides to every story. You can PM me if you like with the details since we don't want to be hammered for "self-modding".

12. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not my call but I can't see the logic. No doubt there are two sides to every story. You can PM me if you like with the details since we don't want to be hammered for "self-modding".
    Na' no details to give, as I didn't get any.

13. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Na' no details to give, as I didn't get any.
    Ask. Such stains can be removed if you supply evidence.

One thing I've learned when dealing with management, not just virtual either, is that they rarely apologize in public. The best you can often hope for is to see a change in behavior.

In this case all you are looking for is to have the previous ban removed, correct? Since those things are cumulative in severity. Obviously your banned time can't be, and won't be, fixed, but having the ban removed from your list will mitigate any future problems.

14. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ask. Such stains can be removed if you supply evidence.

One thing I've learned when dealing with management, not just virtual either, is that they rarely apologize in public. The best you can often hope for is to see a change in behavior.

In this case all you are looking for is to have the previous ban removed, correct? Since those things are cumulative in severity. Obviously your banned time can't be, and won't be, fixed, but having the ban removed from your list will mitigate any future problems.
    I have no idea, haven't put that much in to it as far as righting a wrong, it's their website, they can refuse service to anyone for any reason.

15. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I have no idea, haven't put that much in to it as far as righting a wrong, it's their website, they can refuse service to anyone for any reason.
    Mistakes happen. Mods don't even get minimum wage....and are last in line for their COVID vaccinations.

Again, not getting into moderation on an open thread, but if there is a penalty still attached (such as first or second offense), it's possible to have it removed upon review. This is best done via PM per the rules.

16. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,041 Times in 14,532 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,388 Times in 1,306 Posts

They stated 12b rule, now I'm using a disclaimer Teabagger (www.teaparty.org)

They might frown on that too, I'll see.
    You used the term without referencing children?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

17. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    It IS odd to be so deeply concerned and immersed in some other country's political scene. Maybe he's just bored and lonely.
    He bought his wife on the internet. We know that he's lonely
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

18. The Following User Groans At Althea For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-08-2021)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-08-2021)

20. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Just count the impotent groans your admirers place on your posts if you ever start to feel that they don't love you anymore.
    Havanaprimavera must have me on ignore. I haven't gotten a groan in weeks!

I'll have to ask his wife the next time she stops in for a 'massage'.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-08-2021)

22. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,450 Times in 53,306 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fascinating. Yet there's a stalker/doxxer here who has posted other ppl's personal info, including their location, and tried to hack into someone's JPP account last week -- yet they are still not banned. RWers get more passes, seems like.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

23. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-08-2021)

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-09-2021), no worries (03-09-2021)