Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I just donated to the PAC that supports the Reps who voted to convict Trump

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,173 Times in 5,910 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 593 Times in 557 Posts

Default I just donated to the PAC that supports the Reps who voted to convict Trump

Americans Keeping Country First is the only Super PAC dedicated solely to defending the members of Congress who took votes of conscience to impeach or convict President Trump after rioters stormed the Capitol complex on January 6th, 2021.

https://countryfirst.gop

Thank God there are still a few Republicans who have not been sucked into the Trump Cult.

A group of Republicans has launched a new super PAC that aims to provide support for GOP lawmakers who voted to impeach or convict former President Trump.

Founders, including allies to Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), an outspoken critic of the former president, started the PAC, which is called Americans Keeping Country First, The Washington Post reported on Sunday.

The super PAC describes itself as the only one “dedicated solely to defending the members of Congress who took votes of conscience to impeach or convict President Trump after rioters stormed the Capitol complex on January 6th, 2021.”

Americans Keeping Country First will serve as the sister nonprofit to Kinzinger’s own PAC, which he launched earlier this month to combat “Trumpism” and will aim to “build a grass roots army,” the Post reported, citing documents.

Mario Castillo, one of the group’s advisers, told the Post in a statement that the new PAC “has a clearly defined mission to provide air cover for the members of Congress who took votes of conscience to impeach or convict President Trump.”

Kinzinger, who was one of 10 House Republicans that voted to impeach Trump last month, started the Country First PAC to fundraise against a “huge list” of members, such as Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who have backed the former president.

The new PAC is anticipated to support the 10 Republican House members and Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), who will face an election in 2022, in the primaries and general elections. Trump has said he intends to support primary challenges to Republicans who crossed him and Kinzinger is already slated to face a pro-Trump primary challenger, who announced her campaign earlier this month.

Republican Congressman Ken Buck:
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

domer76 (03-01-2021), evince (03-03-2021), Micawber (03-02-2021), no worries (03-02-2021), Phantasmal (03-01-2021), ThatOwlWoman (03-01-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

all Demmycrats should donate to funds that want to keep Republicans in office......its for the good of the country.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,417 Times in 16,406 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

[/QUOTE] Receipt?

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Why why why would you throw your money away like that?

None of these people had any problem with Trump back in 2010 when he was alleging Obama was born in Kenya.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

evince (03-03-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,519 Times in 52,737 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Capitalist View Post
    Americans Keeping Country First is the only Super PAC dedicated solely to defending the members of Congress who took votes of conscience to impeach or convict President Trump after rioters stormed the Capitol complex on January 6th, 2021.

Thank God there are still a few Republicans who have not been sucked into the Trump Cult.

A group of Republicans has launched a new super PAC that aims to provide support for GOP lawmakers who voted to impeach or convict former President Trump.

Founders, including allies to Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), an outspoken critic of the former president, started the PAC, which is called Americans Keeping Country First, The Washington Post reported on Sunday.

The super PAC describes itself as the only one “dedicated solely to defending the members of Congress who took votes of conscience to impeach or convict President Trump after rioters stormed the Capitol complex on January 6th, 2021.”

Americans Keeping Country First will serve as the sister nonprofit to Kinzinger’s own PAC, which he launched earlier this month to combat “Trumpism” and will aim to “build a grass roots army,” the Post reported, citing documents.

Mario Castillo, one of the group’s advisers, told the Post in a statement that the new PAC “has a clearly defined mission to provide air cover for the members of Congress who took votes of conscience to impeach or convict President Trump.”

Kinzinger, who was one of 10 House Republicans that voted to impeach Trump last month, started the Country First PAC to fundraise against a “huge list” of members, such as Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who have backed the former president.

The new PAC is anticipated to support the 10 Republican House members and Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), who will face an election in 2022, in the primaries and general elections. Trump has said he intends to support primary challenges to Republicans who crossed him and Kinzinger is already slated to face a pro-Trump primary challenger, who announced her campaign earlier this month.
    I wonder if this isn't some trial balloon to see if more ppl are interested in politicians with backbones and ethics, or in reinstalling the would-be tangerine tyrant again.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

evince (03-03-2021), Joe Capitalist (03-01-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

If I may ask, why?

The Lincoln Project folks were straight grifters. These folks, from what I can tell so far, are actual Republicans trying to move the party more towards traditional Republicanism. So why would a Democrat want to help elect more Republicans?

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,173 Times in 7,087 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Donald Trump has shit in the white House or on it- FOR THE VERY LAST TIME!

Trump- and everyone in his family will never get within 1,000 yards of the White House ever again.

But you losers who think Donald Trump, or his son, will be on the Republican ticket in 2024 keep on fantasizing!

I think it is hilarious watching you idiots think that Donald or his son will get the nomination!

BECAUSE EITHER WAY IS A SURE WIN FOR THE DEMOCRATS.

Let's all Hope that Donald Trump or his son is on that ballot in 2024!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

evince (03-03-2021), Joe Capitalist (03-01-2021)

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    If I may ask, why?

The Lincoln Project folks were straight grifters. These folks, from what I can tell so far, are actual Republicans trying to move the party more towards traditional Republicanism. So why would a Democrat want to help elect more Republicans?
    Because I'm not a Democrat. Never have been. I was a registered Republican for 40 years until I changed to Independent in 2008 after Bush Jr fucked up the economy with his American Dream Downpayment Act in 2002. I have never been a registered Democrat, even though I occasionally vote for them.

I have no problem voting for a traditional Republican although they're becoming few and far between. I admire Kinzinger and Cheney for voting for America rather than sucking Trump's dick like so many others have.
    “We’re at a time in American politics, that I am not going to lie on behalf of my presidential candidate, on behalf of my party. And I’m very sad that others in my party have taken the position that, as long as we get the White House, it doesn’t really matter what we say,”

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Receipt?[/QUOTE]

WinRed Logo
    Thanks for your Donation!
    Hey XXXXXXX,
    Thank you for your $XX donation!
    It has been successfully processed. You can view details below.
    Thanks so much for supporting us!
    Sincerely,
    Americans Keeping Country First

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Capitalist For This Post:

no worries (03-02-2021)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Receipt?
    WinRed Logo
    Thanks for your Donation!
    Hey XXXXXXX,
    Thank you for your $XX donation!
    It has been successfully processed. You can view details below.
    Thanks so much for supporting us!
    Sincerely,
    Americans Keeping Country First
    [/QUOTE]
    It doesn't count unless it's the actual receipt....

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Because I'm not a Democrat. Never have been. I was a registered Republican for 40 years until I changed to Independent in 2008 after Bush Jr fucked up the economy with his American Dream Downpayment Act in 2002. I have never been a registered Democrat, even though I occasionally vote for them.

I have no problem voting for a traditional Republican although they're becoming few and far between. I admire Kinzinger and Cheney for voting for America rather than sucking Trump's dick like so many others have.
    If this group is about getting Republicans elected including support for those who aren't 100% MAGA I'm all for it. I appreciate your donation (though I can imagine other liberals may not, haha).

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Yes, it does.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, it does.[/QUOTE]Nope....but I understand if you can't/don't want to...

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post

Nope....but I understand if you can't/don't want to...
    Why should I? If you don't believe me, I could give a Trump.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why should I? If you don't believe me, I could give a Trump.
    You don't have to....No Problem