Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New super PAC aims to support lawmakers who voted to impeach or convict Trump

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Werewolf New super PAC aims to support lawmakers who voted to impeach or convict Trump

Good to see the party finally finding their balls & fighting back against the nasty usurper trying to leech their party as the death knell sounds ..

A group of Republicans has launched a new super PAC that aims to provide support for GOP lawmakers who voted to impeach or convict former President Trump.

Founders, including allies to Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-Ill.), an outspoken critic of the former president, started the PAC, which is called Americans Keeping Country First, The Washington Post reported on Sunday.

The super PAC describes itself as the only one “dedicated solely to defending the members of Congress who took votes of conscience to impeach or convict President Trump after rioters stormed the Capitol complex on January 6th, 2021.”

Americans Keeping Country First will serve as the sister nonprofit to Kinzinger’s own PAC, which he launched earlier this month to combat “Trumpism” and will aim to “build a grass roots army,” the Post reported, citing documents.

Mario Castillo, one of the group’s advisers, told the Post in a statement that the new PAC “has a clearly defined mission to provide air cover for the members of Congress who took votes of conscience to impeach or convict President Trump.”

Kinzinger, who was one of 10 House Republicans that voted to impeach Trump last month, started the Country First PAC to fundraise against a “huge list” of members, such as Reps. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who have backed the former president.

The new PAC is anticipated to support the 10 Republican House members and Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska), who will face an election in 2022, in the primaries and general elections. Trump has said he intends to support primary challenges to Republicans who crossed him and Kinzinger is already slated to face a pro-Trump primary challenger, who announced her campaign earlier this month.

Castillo predicted that Americans Keeping Country First will have solid funding ahead of the primaries after receiving “real interest” from Republican donors.

The announcement of the new super PAC comes as Trump aims to maintain support as the leader of the GOP after his second impeachment, speaking at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Sunday.

The launch also follows as The Lincoln Project, the anti-Trump GOP group, has faced calls to shut down amid allegations of a toxic work environment.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

another "moral authority" on the fate of the country.
    tens of millions of dollars were funneled to consulting firms owned by some of the L.Project co-founders.
    The launch also follows as The Lincoln Project, the anti-Trump GOP group, has faced calls to shut down amid allegations of a toxic work environment.

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    another "moral authority" on the fate of the country.
    tens of millions of dollars were funneled to consulting firms owned by some of the L.Project co-founders.
    i am not crazy about super-pacs, per se, but this one sounds good. fatboy trump is a scourge only sick ass deviants could support.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

CASPER (03-01-2021)

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    i am not crazy about super-pacs, per se, but this one sounds good. fatboy trump is a scourge only sick ass deviants could support.
    of course it "sounds good" because you are a ruthless/soul-less Democrat easily cancelling people.

So a sex freak founder of a bunch of Grifters like Lincoln is overlooked by press and embraced by such as yourself as "this one sounds good"- because Trump is evil scourge. Orange man bad
    Kissinger: “demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.”
    ________

Cold War 2.0 Russia hysteria is turning people’s brains into guacamole.
    We’ve got to find a way to snap out of the propaganda trance
    ________

Buddha: "trust the person who seeks truth and mistrust the person who claims he has found it "
    1.2.3.4.5.6.7. All Good Children Go to Heaven

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-01-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

The Failed Elite Class has lots of money to spread around.

News @ 11.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Demmycrats should send them money.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Blog Entries

Fuck trump.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Turgid Member For This Post:

Hoosier Daddy (03-01-2021)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,973 Times in 32,288 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Turgid Member View Post
    Fuck trump.
    shut up, Mason....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hope the conservative billionaires and millionaires line up to support this worthy cause.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    shut up, Mason....

Mason? what is a mason?

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,072 Times in 7,504 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,103 Times in 1,048 Posts

The Seditionist-Republican Party is a malignant cancer on the American political scene and serves no useful purpose pertaining to the goal of constantly creating an ever more perfect union.

The Democratic Party of the United States is a definitely imperfect but somewhat functional and useful center-right party. [Center-Right is its true description.]

We need at least two, if not more, viable participating political parties to maintain the national discussion required for the goal of an ever more perfect union.

What we need, then, is a strong center-left party to co-govern with the Democrats.

Lacking the latter, the current Democratic is too big of a tent--too much of an obsolete circus--to effectively fight the Seditionist-Republican cancer.
    I am a registered Democrat by default, not being either a devolved trumpanzee nor a testicularly deficient fence sitter afraid to take sides by claiming to be an independent.
    Ideologically, however, and this would pertain to all of us in the Bernie-Liz-Squad faction,
    I should be part of the Social Democratic Party that this nation desperately needs at this point in our history.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-01-2021)

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I hope the conservative billionaires and millionaires line up to support this worthy cause.
    That's the only hope they've got; the Cult sure won't be on board.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I thought we hated super pacs?

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

of course it "sounds good" because you are a ruthless/soul-less Democrat easily cancelling people.

So a sex freak founder of a bunch of Grifters like Lincoln is overlooked by press and embraced by such as yourself as "this one sounds good"- because Trump is evil scourge. Orange man bad
    a trump sucking stooge accusing others of being sex freak grifters? god, you sure a stupid, even for a trump sucking stooge.

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

That one had to sting lol.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Darth Omar For This Post:

anatta (03-01-2021)