Thread: Trump keynote speech at CPAC 2021

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Agreed he as nothing new, but the fact he closed the meeting shows he still has fans.

Interesting that he confirmed he wasn't starting a third party. He didn't mention Trump TV which may indicate it's dead.
    Dead like most of his endeavors, no more mojo, he is a fading wanna be, they know now he has nothing to offer, the hardline Repubs will distance themselves.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

Doc Dutch (02-28-2021)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,564 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Aren't rightys kind of annoyed by his use of absolutes? When you keep repeating them, they become something without value. Yeah, Biden had the worst first month in the history of the universe including all the planets and all times. Then I am going to unify the party...for a little while. Then I will list all the Repubs you have to turn on for insufficient Trump purity. I have the greatest memory in the world. I am a genius. I know more than scientists do. I know more than the generals. I know more than anyone about the environment.
    Trump is the world's oldest teenager. He cannot go away fast enough.

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Do you have ears. listen to them, ever heard a normal trump crowd. Pssst, Denial is not a city in Egypt.
    a rally is not the same venue as a political speech before party insiders, nor should you expect it so- being as this isnt a campaign event as rallies were.

But please do go ahead and declare Trump politically dead. according to Dems /DC establishment he was dead in the water 2016 as well .

I am going to wait and see more reaction and more of what Trump plays before venturing such unsupported judgement

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,493 Times in 9,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,427 Times in 1,256 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Former President Donald Trump teased a possible 2024 run and bashed the Biden administration at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Sunday as he delivered his first public speech since leaving the White House less than six weeks ago.

Trump was greeted with a standing ovation as he took the stage in Orlando to declare that “our movement … is just getting started.”

hile making clear that he intends to remain a force in the Republican party, Trump hinted at a possible 2024 run for president.

Referring to Democrats, he said: “I may even decide to beat them for a third time,” drawing deafening cheers from attendees.

Trump also said he would be working to get “strong, tough” Republicans elected and slammed rumors that he planned on starting a new political party as “fake news.”

“We have the Republican Party,” Trump said. “It is going to unite and be stronger than ever before.”

He claimed that the US Supreme Court “didn’t have the courage to act” on lawsuits challenging the results, adding: “They should be ashamed of themselves for what they’ve done to our country. They didn’t have the guts or the courage to make the right decision.”
    Fact check: Trump delivers lie-filled CPAC speech

(CNN) Former President Donald Trump returned to the public stage on Sunday with a familiar kind of Trump speech -- a speech filled with debunked lies.

Most notably, Trump's first post-presidency address, at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando, included his usual lies about the 2020 election. He continued to falsely insist he was the legitimate winner and continued to falsely insist the election was "rigged."

Trump repeated a bunch of other false claims we regularly heard from him as president, on subjects ranging from trade with China to his stance on the war in Iraq. He also offered up some new false claims about President Joe Biden's early days in office.

We are still going through the transcript of Trump's remarks, but here is an initial breakdown of some of the things he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/28/polit...eck/index.html

6. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

CASPER (02-28-2021)

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

a rally is not the same venue as a political speech before party insiders, nor should you expect it so- being as this isnt a campaign event as rallies were.

But please do go ahead and declare Trump politically dead. according to Dems /DC establishment he was dead in the water 2016 as well .

I am going to wait and see more reaction and more of what Trump plays before venturing such unsupported judgement
    Dead Man Walking...... we shall see, same for the GOP....

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dead Man Walking...... we shall see, same for the GOP....
    read your tea leaves for all I care. Mother Superior jumped the gun

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

read your tea leaves for all I care. Mother Superior jumped the gun
    As I said, we shall see. This was his Big Moment and he fell Flat. I have no pity, Karma will show her head over the year and you will will join me in my disgust for him before the year is out, my crystal ball never lies.

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As I said, we shall see. This was his Big Moment and he fell Flat. I have no pity, Karma will show her head over the year and you will will join me in my disgust for him before the year is out, my crystal ball never lies.
    crystal balls are fake. they do not exist. to speak of them not lying or soothsaying is 100% delusional

dont even dare to preach me about karma -you have no clues of such.
    I am a Buddhist while you have a reactionary typical western mind

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

crystal balls are fake. they do not exist. to speak of them not lying or soothsaying is 100% delusional

dont even dare to preach me about karma -you have no clues of such.
    I am a Buddhist while you have a reactionary typical western mind
    You also trigger easily, thinking your Karma has not been achieved....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-01-2021)

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You also trigger easily, thinking your Karma has not been achieved....
    karma is not "achieved", it simply IS- regardless of enlightenment or not

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are free to ignore me. Unlike fucking Russia, the United States is a free country, comrade.

Illegals. Yes, I understand the problem and support a solution as I've posted several times before. What we're doing now as a nation isn't working.
    I’m curious about your solution. Got a link or can you post it again?
    BTW, I had a viable solution to healthcare. Made too much sense for any of the dolts here to comprehend. A few got it though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

anatta (03-01-2021)

16. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,619 Times in 51,914 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    I’m curious about your solution. Got a link or can you post it again?
    BTW, I had a viable solution to healthcare. Made too much sense for any of the dolts here to comprehend. A few got it though.
    The greatest, most effective block to illegal immigration in the US since the 1980s was the Great Recession for a very simple reason: No jobs. They might as well stay in their own little shithole which is what happened. Many self-deported.

Stop giving jobs to illegals by arresting any business that hires, harbors or otherwise supports illegals. It's easier to throw a few dozen employers in prison than 12 million illegals. After that, most illegals will self-deport. Those who remain are long-term residents, probably being sheltered by their now-adult anchor babies, or Dreamers, a much more manageable number for finding a resolution.

Why isn't this being done? Because of the Almighty Dollar; too many Americans are making a killing using illegals as, in essence, indentured servants. They don't want a solution. These business owners like the status quo and donate money to their Congressmen to keep it that way. Hence, no effective solutions.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

The greatest, most effective block to illegal immigration in the US since the 1980s was the Great Recession for a very simple reason: No jobs. They might as well stay in their own little shithole which is what happened. Many self-deported.

Stop giving jobs to illegals by arresting any business that hires, harbors or otherwise supports illegals. It's easier to throw a few dozen employers in prison than 12 million illegals. After that, most illegals will self-deport. Those who remain are long-term residents, probably being sheltered by their now-adult anchor babies, or Dreamers, a much more manageable number for finding a resolution.

Why isn't this being done? Because of the Almighty Dollar; too many Americans are making a killing using illegals as, in essence, indentured servants. They don't want a solution. These business owners like the status quo and donate money to their Congressmen to keep it that way. Hence, no effective solutions.
    That’s actually a good idea but your fork only has one prong.

That, and it’s a long term solution. It should be coupled with strict border control *to keep them out of the country in the first place*. Trump had us pointed in the right direction with the wall and the ‘remain in Mexico’ policy which had Mexico doing much of the heavy lifting for us.

These jokers in the WH now [plural, since we’re not sure who is in charge] have us on track for a full blown crisis at the border. It’s maddening, because for all the world it appears to be intentional. And how about that Covid? All of these people coming across unvaccinated and with their nasty Covid cooties. I guess Covid matters except when it doesn’t.

They fully deserve to be hung on it, politically. Perhaps even impeached, we’ll have to see how things pan out.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

18. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

way too little, way too late and no fucking way Biden or Dems will have any part of it.
    We have to finish the wall, but we also need to go back to REMAIN and deportation of illegal criminals
    or we are just nibbling around the edges

19. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    And how about that Covid? All of these people coming across unvaccinated and with their nasty Covid cooties. I guess Covid matters except when it doesn’t.

They fully deserve to be hung on it, politically. Perhaps even impeached, we’ll have to see how things pan out.
    schools closed and lockdowns and COVID relief while the border is wide open?? WTF?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-01-2021)