Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump keynote speech at CPAC 2021

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Default Trump keynote speech at CPAC 2021

Former President Donald Trump teased a possible 2024 run and bashed the Biden administration at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Sunday as he delivered his first public speech since leaving the White House less than six weeks ago.

Trump was greeted with a standing ovation as he took the stage in Orlando to declare that “our movement … is just getting started.”

hile making clear that he intends to remain a force in the Republican party, Trump hinted at a possible 2024 run for president.

Referring to Democrats, he said: “I may even decide to beat them for a third time,” drawing deafening cheers from attendees.

Trump also said he would be working to get “strong, tough” Republicans elected and slammed rumors that he planned on starting a new political party as “fake news.”

“We have the Republican Party,” Trump said. “It is going to unite and be stronger than ever before.”

He claimed that the US Supreme Court “didn’t have the courage to act” on lawsuits challenging the results, adding: “They should be ashamed of themselves for what they’ve done to our country. They didn’t have the guts or the courage to make the right decision.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Doc Dutch (02-28-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am halfway done, and disappointed.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He also took shots at his successor, claiming that President Biden has had the “most disastrous first month than any president in modern history.”

“We all knew the Biden administration was going to be bad, but no one knew how bad they would be,” Trump said.

“There’s no better example than the new and horrible crisis on our southern border,” he continued. “In just one short month, we have gone from America first to America last.”

Trump argued that Biden’s immigration policy would cost Democrats the next two federal elections.

“We’re one country. We can’t afford the problems of the world,” he said. “As much as we’d love to — we’d love to help. We can’t do that. So they’re all coming because of promises and foolish words.”

The ex-president also called for reopening the nation’s schools amid the pandemic, charging that Biden had “sold out America’s students to the teachers unions.”

“Joe Biden has shamefully betrayed America’s youth, and he is cruelly keeping our children locked in their homes, no reason for it whatsoever, they want to get out,” Trump said.

“They are cheating the next generation of Americans out of the future that they deserve and they do deserve this future,” he continued. “They’re going to grow up, and they’re going to have a scar… the mental and physical health of these young people is reaching a breaking point.”

“On behalf of the moms, dads and children of America, I call on Joe Biden to get the schools open and get them open now,” Trump said, to applause.

He also touted his administration’s work in getting a coronavirus vaccine ready, saying: “Never let them take the credit, they’re just following our plan.”

Trump bashed the Biden administration over claims that it was “starting from scratch” to develop a national vaccine distribution plan because the former president had left them with nothing.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We embrace free thought.. and we reject left-wing lunacy and in particular, we reject ‘cancel culture,'” he said. “We believe in law and order… we don’t ‘defund the police.'”

He also noted the rise of the term “Trumpism,” saying, “I didn’t come up with it but what it means is great deals,” as well as low taxes, strong borders, Second Amendment protections and “support for the forgotten men and women who have been taken advantage of for so many years.”

At the same time, the former president went after anti-Trump Republicans, calling out the “grandstanding” lawmakers by name, including many who voted to impeach him in the House and Senate.

“Top establishment Republicans in Washington should be spending their energy in opposing Biden, Pelosi, Schumer and the Democrats,” Trump said. “I’ve said to some of them I said,
    ‘You know, during the Obama years and now during Biden, if you spent the same energy on attacking them, you’d actually be successful as you do on attacking me in many cases.'”
    Trump dubbed GOP lawmakers who oppose him “RINOs” or “Republicans in Name Only” as the crowd booed them in turn. “Get rid of them all,” Trump said.

He pointed out his endorsement of Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell in Kentucky, eliciting more loud boos from the crowd.

“Democrats always stick together, you don’t have Mitt Romneys in the group. Fortunately for the Republicans, the Democrats have terrible policies,” Trump said. “So hence we have, congratulations, the Republican party.”

“But if Republicans don’t stick together, the RINOs that we’re surrounded with will destroy the Republican party and the American worker and will destroy our country itself.”

“Now more than ever is the time for tough, strong and energetic Republican leaders who have spines of steel. We need strong leadership,” Trump said.

Leading up to Trump’s eagerly-awaited remarks, a parade of possible Republican presidential hopefuls — including Sens. Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz — served as opening acts over the weekend to fire up the CPAC crowd for the one-time commander-in-chief.

Since leaving office on Jan. 20, Trump has been at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, meeting with former campaign officials and Republican lawmakers as he lays the groundwork for a political comeback for himself and the GOP.

Trump ended his speech at CPAC by saying: “We will first take back the House and then a Republican president will make a triumphant return to the White House. I wonder who that will be?”
    https://nypost.com/2021/02/28/former...-at-cpac-2021/

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Stretch (03-01-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,628 Times in 51,918 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    Former President Donald Trump teased a possible 2024 run and bashed the Biden administration at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Sunday as he delivered his first public speech since leaving the White House less than six weeks ago.

Trump was greeted with a standing ovation as he took the stage in Orlando to declare that “our movement … is just getting started.”

hile making clear that he intends to remain a force in the Republican party, Trump hinted at a possible 2024 run for president.

Referring to Democrats, he said: “I may even decide to beat them for a third time,” drawing deafening cheers from attendees.

Trump also said he would be working to get “strong, tough” Republicans elected and slammed rumors that he planned on starting a new political party as “fake news.”

“We have the Republican Party,” Trump said. “It is going to unite and be stronger than ever before.”

He claimed that the US Supreme Court “didn’t have the courage to act” on lawsuits challenging the results, adding: “They should be ashamed of themselves for what they’ve done to our country. They didn’t have the guts or the courage to make the right decision.”
    I watched the entire thing. He was almost 90 minutes late, spoke effectively for about 25 minutes then rabled for another hour. Often just touching back on his same old talking points that he won the election and the nasty immigrants Biden allowing into the nation.

Audience approval was subdued. A few loud applause but mostly just mild, polite applause. It was obvious the several times where Trump spoke, paused for the laughs and/or applause and then continued when there were only a few mild applause.

That's when he began to ramble as if in a desperate search for the big laugh/big applause words. Which he found a few times, but how many times could he go back to that well?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

CASPER (02-28-2021), CharacterAssassin (03-01-2021), christiefan915 (02-28-2021), Guno צְבִי (02-28-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    I watched the entire thing. He was almost 90 minutes late, spoke effectively for about 25 minutes then rabled for another hour. Often just touching back on his same old talking points that he won the election and the nasty immigrants Biden allowing into the nation.

Audience approval was subdued. A few loud applause but mostly just mild, polite applause. It was obvious the several times where Trump spoke, paused for the laughs and/or applause and then continued when there were only a few mild applause.

That's when he began to ramble as if in a desperate search for the big laugh/big applause words. Which he found a few times, but how many times could he go back to that well?
    Bull Shit....the audience was more than fine, that is not the problem.

I think what bothers me is that I am having that Sanders in 2017 feeling again.....disappointed that he is not making a call for the next generation to take over as he gets off the stage to become a mentor. Sanders in 2017 and Trump now must be improved upon, but they need to help by stepping aside and offering to help others lead the cause.

At halfway done I had to take a break I am so bummed out.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

sure. like I am going to listen to your characterization of Trump?!! LMAO

You dont even understand the current migrant situation -these aren't "immigrants"
    they are abusing the asylum laws for economic opportunity because asylum was never intended for economic opportunity. they claim persecution -lose the appeal if they bother to show up -and then disappear into the country

I wont even go into Bidens XO's where he is prohibiting deportation of criminal aliens.
    I suggest you get up to speed

Biden's immigration order – this is how policy will hide crimes, ignore victims
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bide...yrVTb9XEJkjySg

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post

I think what bothers me is that I am having that Sanders in 2017 feeling again.....disappointed that he is not making a call for the next generation to take over as he gets off the stage to become a mentor. Sanders in 2017 and Trump now must be improved upon, but they need to help by stepping aside and offering to help others lead the cause.

We can agree to disagree on the audience overall reception, especially since the first half was the best half.

Trump give up? NFW. He'll die claiming the election was his and he won't help anyone else get back into the WH. Trump is for Trump, not the Republican party.

12. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

sure. like I am going to listen to your characterization of Trump?!! LMAO

You dont even understand the current migrant situation -these aren't "immigrants"
    they are abusing the asylum laws for economic opportunity because asylum was never intended for economic opportuninty

I wont even go into Bidens XO's where he is prohibiting deportation of criminal aliens. I suggest you get upto speed

Biden's immigration order – this is how policy will hide crimes, ignore victims
    https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/bide...yrVTb9XEJkjySg
    You are free to ignore me. Unlike fucking Russia, the United States is a free country, comrade.

Illegals. Yes, I understand the problem and support a solution as I've posted several times before. What we're doing now as a nation isn't working.

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post

Trump is establishing himself as a power player. Whether he runs or not is a long way away. I think DeSantis is the natural populist successor, but hold your pessimism for a bit until we see some movement for the midterms

14. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-28-2021)

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

We can agree to disagree on the audience overall reception, especially since the first half was the best half.

Trump give up? NFW. He'll die claiming the election was his and he won't help anyone else get back into the WH. Trump is for Trump, not the Republican party.
    I think your problem with the audience might be that there were so few people in the room and they were spread out wide ...obviously that impacts the noise level but also the group dynamics...things will be more sluggish....you cant put that on Trump.

16. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

I ALMOST felt sorry for him....he seems to have lost his mojo, Oh My......LOL!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-28-2021), Guno צְבִי (02-28-2021)

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump is establishing himself as a power player. Whether he runs or not is a long way away. I think DeSantis is the natural populist successor, but hold your pessimism for a bit until we see some movement for the midterms
    Trump won't support anyone but himself.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    I ALMOST felt sorry for him....he seems to have lost his mojo, Oh My......LOL!
    Agreed. It was really interesting how subdued the crowd responded to his rhetoric.

I was also waiting to see if screen would suddenly go blank because the Proud Boys sent a message, but obviously that didn't happen.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are free to ignore me. Unlike fucking Russia, the United States is a free country, comrade.

Illegals. Yes, I understand the problem and support a solution as I've posted several times before. What we're doing now as a nation isn't working.
    Ive seen your solutions.
    outadated and non-workable like EVerify. why should I ignore your ignorance plastered page after page?

we are WAY past that.
    we are on a path to legalize 30 million illegals while maintaining a magnet for more to come.
    You got rid of Trump -happy now? Because Biden is no "moderate" he's governing like a radical Prog.