Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump is fading in CPAC poll

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Democrats hated the Iraq War so much they nominated three different Senators for President who voted for authorization. The third time was the charm.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Democrats hated the Iraq War so much they nominated three different Senators for President who voted for authorization. The third time was the charm.
    Maybe it was the single most important issue for some Democrats, but not all of them.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Maybe it was the single most important issue for some Democrats, but not all of them.
    For sure. There are millions of Republicans and millions of Democrats and not all within each party share the same priorities.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

christiefan915 (02-28-2021)

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    The idiot tried to recycle his losing ploy from '16. He didn't realize it doesn't work if you're in office.
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Republican strategist Karl Rove on Sunday needled former President Donald Trump for losing popularity among his core supporters at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

While waiting for the former president, who was an hour late for his speech, Fox News host John Roberts talked to Rove about the results of a CPAC straw poll.

"95% said they wanted the party to continue his policies," Roberts explained "70% of people said that they wanted to see him run again but 55% said that they would vote for him. I thought that number might have been higher."

"Bingo," Rove agreed. "Remember, this was a group that came to this meeting for largely one reason: President Trump was going to be there. This is the truest Trump believers. And for him to only get 55% says -- as I said in my column -- he is losing strength because he's not introducing something new. He's losing strength whether he recognizes it."

I'd take that as a cautionary not," he added. "He needs to refresh his act. He needs to change and he needs to offer a vision for the future."
    To put it simply he Sucked, even the adoring audience saw and felt it, he is going to lead them nowhere.

7. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republican strategist Karl Rove on Sunday needled former President Donald Trump for losing popularity among his core supporters at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC).

While waiting for the former president, who was an hour late for his speech, Fox News host John Roberts talked to Rove about the results of a CPAC straw poll.

"95% said they wanted the party to continue his policies," Roberts explained "70% of people said that they wanted to see him run again but 55% said that they would vote for him. I thought that number might have been higher."

"Bingo," Rove agreed. "Remember, this was a group that came to this meeting for largely one reason: President Trump was going to be there. This is the truest Trump believers. And for him to only get 55% says -- as I said in my column -- he is losing strength because he's not introducing something new. He's losing strength whether he recognizes it."

I'd take that as a cautionary not," he added. "He needs to refresh his act. He needs to change and he needs to offer a vision for the future."
    I'm starting to believe the only reason so many Republicans go all in, with their support of Trump...CAUSE IN THE DEEPEST DEPTHS OF THEIR GUTS, THEY KNOW THIS B@ST@RD IS GOING TO PRISON SOMEDAY, SO WHY NOT PLAY ALONG WITH THE LUNATIC.....LOLOLOL

8. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump is fading. He knows he needs constant access to the media. He has lost Twitter. Trump will be a bad memory soon.
    I don't think Sing Sing will let Trump make speeches from the yard!
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

9. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,339 Times in 53,239 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump is fading. He knows he needs constant access to the media. He has lost Twitter. Trump will be a bad memory soon.
    I wish you were right but fear that you are not. If by this time next year he's been convicted of criminal activity, then I'll begin to have more hope.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    To put it simply he Sucked, even the adoring audience saw and felt it, he is going to lead them nowhere.
    Only a raging lunatic can brag about how great he was and all the great shit he did, with a half a million dead bodies lingering in the back ground and he doesn't mention a word about that. I wish Trump would take himself and his adoring Planter nuts to another country and leave us all alone, I'm sick of hearing his damn name, like enuf already

11. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I wish you were right but fear that you are not. If by this time next year he's been convicted of criminal activity, then I'll begin to have more hope.
    There is no way in hell Donald J. Trump is not going to prison, no way. After he's convicted, put a muzzle over his face and shove him in solitary confinement for the next 25 years.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tigerred59 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (03-01-2021)

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,884 Times in 21,652 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

I do not believe Trump would ever win a Republican primary in a 1 to 1 contest, but the problem is you have Trump v. the non-Trumps in a progressive vote count.

Trump would have never gotten the Republican nomination last time in a head to head contest with any one of the other candidates.

The R's need to get their heads on straight and field only one candidate against Trump.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

14. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

A little fact checking on his speech.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

15. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Trump's popularity will fade faster than most people think.
    Please leave your Trump 2024 signs in your yard. That way, my dog will know where to take a dump.

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,196 Times in 3,829 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 261 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Not as fast I would think, I thought he should already be gone..

Anyway I was glad to read that only 55% of the devoted fans assembled for his welcome back tour actually wanted him to be their president again..

A lil moron liar there even got almost half the votes the mango messiah did, coming in w/ 22%, far more than any of the others..

trump may have to back stab him soon before he starts stealing his brand fame
    "There is no question former President Trump bears moral responsibility. His supporters stormed the Capitol because of the unhinged falsehoods he shouted into the world’s largest megaphone," McConnell wrote. "His behavior during and after the chaos was also unconscionable, from attacking Vice President Mike Pence during the riot to praising the criminals after it ended."

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,000 Times in 8,370 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Oh course he's fading you dumb fuck he isn't president. Maybe you BCGs should take a lesson from that but you assholes enjoy trump fucking you up the ass too much.