Thread: The Republican Party Is Doomed

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Default The Republican Party Is Doomed

The republican party has an identity crisis?!!

Many Democrats feel that the new year has been a waking nightmare: the Capitol was stormed by domestic terrorists incited by President Donald Trump and many congress people refused to condemn the president’s actions. But the past year’s events, the numerous post-election controversies, and the riot of January 6th show that the Democrats may be in for a decade of ascendancy. Shifting political sympathies and participation among different demographics, splits in the GOP, and the future of its leadership may doom the Republican Party for years to come.

The United States can be broadly divided into three large voting demographics: urbanites and most racial minorities, who primarily support Democrats; rural whites, generally supporting Republicans; and suburbanites including some racial minorities, whose allegiances vary greatly depending on education, location, and circumstance.

"Until Republicans can find a charismatic leader with broad support who can unify moderates and radicals, they are unlikely to win presidential elections."

https://registerforum.org/13403/opin...rty-is-doomed/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to signalmankenneth For This Post:

Doc Dutch (02-27-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,243 Times in 13,968 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

They have a identity, Trumpism, and they will remain that way till Trump fades

Politics, Government, principles, none of that matters to the GOP, all reality TV, insults sell, life is a do or die melodrama, what you’ve accomplished or hope to accomplish doesn’t matter, comes down to now well you attack and belittle the other guy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

Doc Dutch (02-27-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,630 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Right now the radical right Trump followers are getting all the attention. I firmly believe that my side of the Republican party will emerge the victors and Trump and company will start a third party that will fail like most 3rd parties.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

Doc Dutch (02-27-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle_Eye View Post
    Right now the radical right Trump followers are getting all the attention. I firmly believe that my side of the Republican party will emerge the victors and Trump and company will start a third party that will fail like most 3rd parties.
    Might have believed that if the current GOP leadership had maintained their post Jan 6th opinion, but as we’ve seen, other than Cheney, the rest couldn’t get to Maralogo fast enough to apologize, Mitch’s confirmation this week he’d support Trump in 2024 was the coffin closing

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,630 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Might have believed that if the current GOP leadership had maintained their post Jan 6th opinion, but as we’ve seen, other than Cheney, the rest couldn’t get to Maralogo fast enough to apologize, Mitch’s confirmation this week he’d support Trump in 2024 was the coffin closing
    I disagree 4 years is a lifetime in politics. I guess we will see who is right.

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I disagree 4 years is a lifetime in politics. I guess we will see who is right.
    True, and I hope you are right, it would be healthy for America to have two political parties based on principles

10. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,466 Times in 52,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    They have a identity, Trumpism, and they will remain that way till Trump fades

Politics, Government, principles, none of that matters to the GOP, all reality TV, insults sell, life is a do or die melodrama, what you’ve accomplished or hope to accomplish doesn’t matter, comes down to now well you attack and belittle the other guy
    Unfortunately true. There is no "Republican Party" anymore except in name only. It's all White Nationalism and "Hail Trump".

God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,466 Times in 52,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Agreed, but I'm not holding my breath for sanity to return to the RNC. CPAC is proof the Republican Party isn't recognizable as the party of Lincoln and Reagan.

Sunday, when Trump speaks at CPAC, will be proof both the Republican Party is D-E-A-D and the Party of Trump is alive and well.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"