Thread: Bill Maher's warning to the left: Cancel culture is 'real'

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Corporations are now willing to suffer losses to further their political agendas, boycotts no longer work unless the existence of the corporation can be put into doubt.

The Failed Elite Class can do that better than the Little People can.

"CheckMate"
    Corporations today are willing to wear their politics on their sleeves and run from groups, individuals, and political parties outside societal norms and evolution. If you don’t like gay or LGBTQ people .. WELCOME TO CANCEL WORLD

WELCOME TO THE DUNGEON
    Last edited by blackascoal; 02-27-2021 at 06:16 PM.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

2. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-27-2021)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Maher is a comedian first and foremost. I stopped watching many years ago when he would always destroy the discussion because of his need to insert a joke.

New Rules is still classic, though.
    As long as he triggers the far right conservatives and the religious types, I'm fine with that. I remember watching his show when Jerry Falwell was a guest.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

Althea (02-28-2021)

5. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It’s going to take many years for republicans to rid themselves of the unbearable stench of Donald trump. I agree.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

6. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,102 Times in 12,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Corporations today are willing to wear their politics on their sleeves and run from people, individuals, and political parties outside societal norms and evolution. If you don’t like gay or LGBTQ, WELCOME TO CANCEL WORLD.
    In the end no one is fit for UTOPIA, everyone gets cancelled.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    As long as he triggers the far right conservatives and the religious types, I'm fine with that. I remember watching his show when Jerry Falwell was a guest.
    Is it possible to both trigger religious folks and be an islamiphobe? Because he’s been called that ITT.

I rarely watch his show but thought he was an equal opportunity offender regarding religion. But that’s based on limited watchings.

I always felt there a strange relationship between atheist liberals and Islam. As atheists it’s not like they like Islam. But they really dislike (right wing) Christians. And the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And many right wing Christians do not like Islam. Therefore athiest liberals have a certain support of them.

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    It’s going to take many years for republicans to rid themselves of the unbearable stench of Donald trump. I agree.
    The R's are vastly reformed and reenergized, you have misjudged the situation.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It started under Obama. They hated what they saw in the mirror, so they invented 'reverse racism'.

BINGO AGAIN. The birth of whataboutism.

10. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Althea (02-28-2021)

12. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The R's are now the party of the Little People, the abused, the D's are the party of the Failed Elites, the abusers......The Revolution is going to have its hands full!

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

anatta (02-28-2021), cancel2 2022 (02-27-2021)

14. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Is it possible to both trigger religious folks and be an islamiphobe? Because he’s been called that ITT.

I rarely watch his show but thought he was an equal opportunity offender regarding religion. But that’s based on limited watchings.

I always felt there a strange relationship between atheist liberals and Islam. As atheists it’s not like they like Islam. But they really dislike (right wing) Christians. And the enemy of my enemy is my friend. And many right wing Christians do not like Islam. Therefore athiest liberals have a certain support of them.
    I remember that part.

Maher has long derided organized religion. Many of his defenders point to Religulous, his 2008 feature film which examined and mocked religious beliefs. But in post-9/11 America, the noted agitator has become an advocate for the ever-popular view that while all religions need to be criticized and identified as antagonistic to liberal principles, Islam is a singular affront to liberal values, as Muslims are uniquely oppressive and extremist and violent.

Seems to me that he hated Islam more than any other organized religions.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...am-ben-affleck

15. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The R's are vastly reformed and reenergized, you have misjudged the situation.
    Nothing is static of course in politics, but at the moment, we just lost the Presidency and Congress along with a number of people leaving the party. How are we reorganized and energized right now?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

blackascoal (02-27-2021)

17. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Nothing is static of course in politics, but at the moment, we just lost the Presidency and Congress along with a number of people leaving the party. How are we reorganized and energized right now?
    Grand realignments of the parties as we are now going through almost never happen, I think this is the third time in the entire history of the nation. Trump was and is the most important person in this process, he was all in to wake Americans up to how we have been betrayed by power, and it worked.

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Maybe. I used to watch his shows on HBO religiously. And I love his movie, "Religulous". He wasn't afraid to speak his mind and ask serious questions.

That was then, . His constitution seems to have grown more frail and needs the comfort of a mob. Being a libertarian is a lonely and thankless job.

19. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

20. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

AProudLefty (02-27-2021)

21. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries

Interesting that you think that. That would be the ultimate form of cancel culture: intimidation.
    explain your comment, please??????

22. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Grand realignments of the parties as we are now going through almost never happen, I think this is the third time in the entire history of the nation. Trump was and is the most important person in this process, he was all in to wake Americans up to how we have been betrayed by power, and it worked.
    Trump is the gteatist catalyst for progressive change to come along since the Civil Rights Era .. unwittingly of course. That change is more rapid then at anytime in my life.Because trump laid the evil and downright ignorance of the American character right on the table fit all to clearly see.

23. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

24. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yet we just lost all power with people leaving the party.