Thread: Bill Maher's warning to the left: Cancel culture is 'real'

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,103 Times in 12,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Trump is the gteatist catalyst for progressive change to come along since the Civil Rights Era .. unwittingly of course. That change is more rapid then at anytime in my life.Because trump laid the evil and downright ignorance of the American character right on the table fit all to clearly see.
    The self proclaimed Post Modernist Marxist Progressives are actually the Regressive Left....and they are abusers....really shit people.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-27-2021)

3. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tigerred59 View Post
    explain your comment, please??????
    Oh sorry I should have been more clear.

You said this: "I've noticed lately, Bill has been co signing a lot with the Trump rednecks.....and like most he's afraid of these nuts. So he's willing to say anything, do what will keep HIM SAFE."

This thread is about cancel culture. So, in this case with Bill Maher, it seems to be an intimidation. So intimidation would be the ultimate form of the cancel culture.

4. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Yet we just lost all power with people leaving the party.
    Trash leaving on their own is awesome, the Legacy Republicans are scum, they had not in a long time even wanted to keep their word or stand up to the abusive Left....they are careerists only looking out for themselves and their friends as America crashed.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Trash leaving on their own is awesome, the Legacy Republicans are scum, they had not in a long time even wanted to keep their word or stand up to the abusive Left....they are careerists only looking out for themselves and their friends as America crashed.
    How does the math work here? We just lost all power and now you’re saying f you to a bunch of Republican voters. How are they getting replaced?

6. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

The R's are vastly reformed and reenergized, you have misjudged the situation.
    Sorry brother, even republicans don’t believe that bullshit.

THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THEY ARE ANYMORE, DONT MUCH EVEN MENTION CONSERVATISM ANYMORE BECAUSE TRUMP IS NOT A CONSERVATIVE. THEY HAVE TO ASK TRUMP WHO THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY SHOULD BELIEVE.

YOU WERE A REASONABLY SMART GUY BEFORE TRUMP MIND-FUCKED YOU. DONT YOU FEEL SOME KIND OF WAY ABOUT BEING ASSOCIATED WITH PEOPLE WHO BELIEVE IN JEWISH FUNDED LASER BEAMS FROM OUTER SPACE? You don’t believe that ignorance, why do you politically associate yourself with the walking brain Dead?
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

7. The Following User Groans At blackascoal For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-27-2021)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

Rune (02-27-2021)

9. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How does the math work here? We just lost all power and now you’re saying f you to a bunch of Republican voters. How are they getting replaced?
    Well if the Revolution has its way it will not happen, they are working on hunting down and neutralizing all opposition. However, if the people get to decide going forwards then the Rebellion against the Failed Elite Class will eventually win, because we are right, and because we are the Better People.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well if the Revolution has its way it will not happen, they are working on hunting down and neutralizing all opposition. However, if the people get to decide going forwards then the Rebellion against the Failed Elite Class will eventually win, because we are right, and because we are the Better People.
    Admittedly I'm a simpleton, but I have no idea what this means vis a vis winning future elections.

I'll offer a personal example. My wife isn't all that political but she's more right-leaning. But she didn't vote for Trump either time (she also didn't vote for Hillary or Biden, I made sure of that.) She couldn't stand Trump. And she talked about a number of her lady friends having the same opinion. That's the biggest reason Trump lost, he lost white (many of them suburban) women.

That has nothing to do with the revolution or elite class (my wife comes from a middle class family in Arlington, TX. Don't know if you've ever visited but it is not home to the elite.) They (these women) couldn't stand Trump.

Now you are free to tell people like her to F off and don't vote Republican anymore in the future but without people like that Republicans won't win much.

11. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Admittedly I'm a simpleton, but I have no idea what this means vis a vis winning future elections.

I'll offer a personal example. My wife isn't all that political but she's more right-leaning. But she didn't vote for Trump either time (she also didn't vote for Hillary or Biden, I made sure of that.) She couldn't stand Trump. And she talked about a number of her lady friends having the same opinion. That's the biggest reason Trump lost, he lost white (many of them suburban) women.

That has nothing to do with the revolution or elite class (my wife comes from a middle class family in Arlington, TX. Don't know if you've ever visited but it is not home to the elite.) They (these women) couldn't stand Trump.

Now you are free to tell people like her to F off and don't vote Republican anymore in the future but without people like that Republicans won't win much.
    It means that the better people and the better ideas will always win in the end, though it may take a long time.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It means that the better people and the better ideas will always win in the end, though it may take a long time.
    You sure you're not a Bernie supporter living in the Bay Area? Because I've been hearing the left wing here say that exact same thing for decades.

13. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I must add that this assumes that the people are not in chains, that their souls have not been enslaved, which is increasingly not the situation.

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You sure you're not a Bernie supporter living in the Bay Area? Because I've been hearing the left wing here say that exact same thing for decades.
    TRump was my #1, Bernie was my #2, and I said that I would do a rethink if Bernie got the nomination, though of course he was fucked out of that.

Frank Apisa might be able to attest.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,835 Times in 8,249 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,899 Times in 5,299 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Was there ever an issue in the last 4 years where trump didn't demand that some Blue state show gratitude because he did his job and provided necessary funding?
    The blatant corruption was disgusting.
    It is the responsibility of every American citizen to own a modern military rifle.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rune For This Post:

Althea (02-28-2021)

17. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I do agree with the Regressive Left on some important matters, and I also have been a self proclaimed Progressive for a lot of years, and on the Left since I stopped being a Republican in 1983.

However, cruelty is a RED LINE for me, and the Regressive Left are hard core abusers, they are my enemy.

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. The Following User Groans At Hawkeye10 For This Awful Post:

Rune (02-28-2021)

19. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

I found what you are responding to interesting. The statement that because a person doesn't know anyone its happened too means its either 1) not true or 2) they associate with a higher level of people...

The softball response here are people like George Washington, Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt and FDR, Diane Feinstein etc. who got cancelled from SF schools. Now, you won't get an argument from me that many politicians are not high level people. But some of the named above did some amazing things. (And Barack Obama's name was floated as a possible new school name but there was pushback against that because he will likely be cancelled in the future based on some of his actions)

One area where cancel culture gets discussed a lot is on college campuses. Maybe this has never been the actual case, but in theory Universities are places where ideas are exchanged, discussed and debated. It's a place where, in theory, students are to be challenged and grow. But there is a palpable fear/concern among numerous University professors about the fear of being cancelled based on speaking in any way against the acceptable CRT/anti-racism movement. Now its possible many University professors are simply low character people. But for the sake of discussion lets say that isn't the case. The question then is is the ideology/movement of CRT and anti-racism more important than academic freedom and being able to speak freely and exchange ideas in the classroom? If one is all in on cancel culture then the former takes priority.
    cancel culture far excedes academia reach.. It's in virtually every corp now

20. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    With all due respect my brother, you may be stubborn, but you’re not stupid.

FASCISM: is a form of far-right authoritarian ultranationialism characterized by dictoral power, forcible suppression of opposition, And regimentation of society and the economy.

Does that sound like someone on the right, or the left? Keep in mind that what you did after the election and what republicans have been doing to deny Americans the right to vote, particularly the chocolate ones, validates everything RUNE has said about you, and as I said, you guys just toss words around without having a clue about what they mean. Stay out of of Snow Whites mirror. That ugly ass thing you’re looking at IS YOU. YOU ARE NOT THE BEAUTY YOU THINK YOU ARE.
    I stand by the terms fascism - you and RUNE keep saying fascism only happens on RW -it doesnt
    no one is surpressing any vote -di you see the return rate for minorities.