Thread: Golden Calf

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,395 Times in 6,142 Posts
    Blog Entries

Big Monkey Dollop

Not a graphics guy, and really dont put much effort into trying like you fo day in and day out on that worn out chrome biok, pauper.
    Prosemitic techno-struggler.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-28-2021)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Thanks for post, sorry for snipping it.

Agreed on stereotyping people since, as you pointed out a few times, we're a diverse bunch. Groups are another matter. It's not stereotyping to cite their long stated agendas. Is it stereotyping to call the Party of Trump racist? Anti-Constitutional? Dishonest? Materialistic? No, it's not IMO. Same goes about the Democratic agenda to ban guns and dictate rights to Americans.

Agreed "Diversity Makes Greatness". However, as you pointed out with guns, it's how its used; "It's what is being done with them". Diversity just to claim being diverse isn't near as good as diversity to find better ideas and better ways of doing things that benefit everyone.

America's greatest strength was as a melting pot of diversity. A single place on the planet where people could come and make a difference. Unfortunately, for the past 30 years, we seem to be moving away from that idea. Several people, both Left and Right, have advocated splitting up or subdividing the nation into subgroups.....which is as fucked up an idea as Europe in the 1910s.
    I'm starting to get the idea that America was always pretty messed up and we simply enjoyed a bit of a break from it (just a bit) after WWII. And that window has closed.

There is talk of a civil war now, but in 1800's we actually fought one. And it hasn't been all peace and roses the rest of the time either.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (02-28-2021)

5. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    Big Monkey Dollop

lol. I am probably the most tech advanced guy on this forum by a mile.

Nazi whore.

6. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Monkey Dollop View Post
    . I am probably the most tech advanced guy on this forum by a mile.

Nazi whore.

You've certainly got the most active sphincter, prosemitic addlepate.

Maria Ressa.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-28-2021)

8. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

You've certainly got the most active sphincter, prosemitic addlepate.

CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CCIE. CCNP, MCSA, OSCP, ISACA, VCP-DCV, I can also go on all day about my various vender certs from palo alto, extreme networks, sonicwall, etc, but you don't know what any of these are so, meh.

9. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,494 Times in 52,722 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Big Monkey Dollop
    Nailed it.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-01-2021)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Doc Dutch (02-28-2021), moon (02-28-2021)

12. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Money Dolla View Post
    CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CCIE. CCNP, MCSA, OSCP, ISACA, VCP-DCV, I can also go on all day about my various vender certs from palo alto, extreme networks, sonicwall, etc, but you don't know what any of these are so, meh.
    /yawn......keyboard......hard drive......internet.....so there!
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Underdog (03-01-2021)

14. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Big Monkey Dollop

CISSP, CCSP, CISM, CCIE. CCNP, MCSA, OSCP, ISACA, VCP-DCV
    Geez- all those acronyms and you're still a prosemitic twat.

Haw, haw..............................haw.

Maria Ressa.

15. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-01-2021)

16. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,587 Times in 51,900 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

I thought you said it was my pops pawn shop, i’m chinese now? And your serial prevaricating has you looking foolish again.

Your mental decline is apparent.
    New evidence requires updating theories, Chumlee. Your old Chinese voting ballot, which you obviously never sent in, required thinking about alternatives to the previous theory.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

17. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-01-2021)

18. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Not a graphics guy, and really dont put much effort into trying like you fo day in and day out on that worn out chrome biok, pauper.
    Translation: You're right, Dutch. I just take picture of them in the shop, I don't know how to use them.

No worries, Chumlee. Most people already understood this about you.

19. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-01-2021)

20. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

I'm starting to get the idea that America was always pretty messed up and we simply enjoyed a bit of a break from it (just a bit) after WWII. And that window has closed.

There is talk of a civil war now, but in 1800's we actually fought one. And it hasn't been all peace and roses the rest of the time either.
    A fair point about "always pretty messed up". It's human nature. FWIW, I'd rather be in the US now than the US even 50 years ago much less 150 years ago. I sure as shit prefer being here now than in shithole countries suffering the Four Horsemen of war, pestilence, famine and mass deaths.

A riot or even an insurrection does not a civil war make. We won't see a civil war for years from now. Certainly unlikely in my remaining 20+ years.

21. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-01-2021)

22. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

A fair point about "always pretty messed up". It's human nature. FWIW, I'd rather be in the US now than the US even 50 years ago much less 150 years ago. I sure as shit prefer being here now than in shithole countries suffering the Four Horsemen of war, pestilence, famine and mass deaths.

A riot or even an insurrection does not a civil war make. We won't see a civil war for years from now. Certainly unlikely in my remaining 20+ years.
    There is great dissent, great anger, but it is not regionalized the way it was when we fought a hot civil war. This one is already being fought and has been our entire lives. It is a war of mostly words, with a few ugly deeds thrown in. And when those things happen they are invariably picked up by the authorities. And those considering the same see what happens. That makes it a dilemma for them. Do they act, knowing it could be their last act in the life they know? Or do they get smart and do nothing but go on the internet and vent, maybe wave a Trump flag or a confederate flag a bit.

I had to chuckle yesterday. There's a guy who has had a Trump flag up for months. But it was made pretty cheaply, not a quality flag. It was meant for election season, not something to endure (Oh, the symbolism.) I've been wondering how long that thing was going to last. It has been getting increasingly faded, much as the overwhelming Republican support for Trump has faded a bit. Well, the other day I passed by and noticed a recent storm had it's way with it. The last half is now missing. And the 'very concerned citizen' has not even bothered to take down the remaining shredded half, which now says:

____.
    |Tru-.
    |20-.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (02-28-2021)

24. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

There is great dissent, great anger, but it is not regionalized the way it was when we fought a hot civil war. This one is already being fought and has been our entire lives. It is a war of mostly words, with a few ugly deeds thrown in. And when those things happen they are invariably picked up by the authorities. And those considering the same see what happens. That makes it a dilemma for them. Do they act, knowing it could be their last act in the life they know? Or do they get smart and do nothing but go on the internet and vent, maybe wave a Trump flag or a confederate flag a bit.

I had to chuckle yesterday. There's a guy who has had a Trump flag up for months. But it was made pretty cheaply, not a quality flag. It was meant for election season, not something to endure (Oh, the symbolism.) I've been wondering how long that thing was going to last. It has been getting increasingly faded, much as the overwhelming Republican support for Trump has faded a bit. Well, the other day I passed by and noticed a recent storm had it's way with it. The last half is now missing. And the 'very concerned citizen' has not even bothered to take down the remaining shredded half, which now says:

____.
    |Tru-.
    |20-.
    LOL re flag. He's probably still desperately hoping to get his money's worth out of a flag made for indoor display only.

As for the "War of Words", IMO, this is a by-product of the Information Age were any moron with a computer can scream as loud as they like and send out tens of thousands of emails or, now, posts on Social Media.

Words do not a civil war make. We were closer to Civil War in the 1960s. Now it's just a battle of ideologies online. The Insurrectionists are now finding out that they could have kept their ideas online instead of seeking to overthrow the election and commit mass murder in Congress.

25. The Following User Groans At Doc Dutch For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-01-2021)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (02-28-2021)

27. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

LOL re flag. He's probably still desperately hoping to get his money's worth out of a flag made for indoor display only.

As for the "War of Words", IMO, this is a by-product of the Information Age were any moron with a computer can scream as loud as they like and send out tens of thousands of emails or, now, posts on Social Media.

Words do not a civil war make. We were closer to Civil War in the 1960s. Now it's just a battle of ideologies online. The Insurrectionists are now finding out that they could have kept their ideas online instead of seeking to overthrow the election and commit mass murder in Congress.
    My standard point to make when people suggest we divide the nation into left and right states and make two countries is: where are ya gonna draw the lines? And they think we're gonna have two diametrically opposed gerrymandered countries hard left and hard right, twisted around one another, and then we can all be at peace? Good LUCK! That's like a recipe for war. The thing that keeps us not at war is that we ARE one country.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (02-28-2021)

29. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

Trumpsters are the dumbest motherfuckers to walk the Earth.
    Trump singlehandedly cost them the House,Senate,Whitehouse,any self respect!
    And what do they get?They get to send him their money.
    And get to lick his asshole,and suck his dirty dick!
    And wear a red hat!
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

30. The Following User Groans At Mason Melchizedek For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-01-2021)