Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden dropping ball on COVID relief - no checks, but bombs in Syria?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,406 Times in 10,036 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    So the people that are affected by repealing the tax cut...need this 1400.00 check?
    Everyone needs the checks.

But more important, OUR ECONOMY needs the checks.

Demand isn't going to magically return after 18 months of a recession thanks to you and Trump's poor handling of COVID.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know no one that NEEDS it!
    Because you don't have any friends or know anyone outside of the people on JPP.

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Sadly, I agree and this is what happens when the will of the people is replaced with an Oligarchy.
    The Democrats had ample political capital to not only pass everything that's needed, but could have also annihilated the weakened GQP after 1/6.

But they never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cinnabar (02-26-2021)

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

Sanders would have been a GREAT president. Just like El Trumpo wasn't Billary, Biden wasn't El Trumpo.

Choosing a leader shouldn't always be the best of two bad options. The system is broken.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

Cinnabar (02-26-2021)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Well, time will tell. It’s only been 36 days, he’s got a lot on his plate, I will give him time. I think he’s done a lot in a month, considering all the crap he came into office facing.
    No doubt he faced a mountain of bullshit when he took office.

But that's no excuse for not doing what is needed to recover the country from COVID.

$1.9T is less than the cost of the Russia Tax Cut that only plunged the economy into a recession...so I'm really curious why anyone thinks that $1.9T is adequate and sufficient to recover from the greatest public health crisis of the last 100 years?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Cinnabar (02-26-2021), Guno צְבִי (02-26-2021), Phantasmal (02-26-2021)

9. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,763 Times in 33,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    No doubt he faced a mountain of bullshit when he took office.

But that's no excuse for not doing what is needed to recover the country from COVID.

$1.9T is less than the cost of the Russia Tax Cut that only plunged the economy into a recession...so I'm really curious why anyone thinks that $1.9T is adequate and sufficient to recover from the greatest public health crisis of the last 100 years?
    It probably isn’t enough, but it’s a start. I’m not going to criticize till he says he’s done.

10. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

There is no better time for it than right now, when millions of people have lost their jobs and millions more are about to.

There is also no better time for Medicare-for-all than right now, as we struggle with a nationwide pandemic where over 20M people don't even have access to health care because they don't have stupid health insurance.

Right now is the time to do these big things.

STOP.

I can legitimately criticize the poor job Biden and the Democrats are doing because they ran an entire campaign on the promise of doing something , and this $1.9T bill (which is less than the shitty Russia Tax Cut) is not enough and they're going to have to do something in 6 months, but they won't because they don't want to do anything.

They want to lose the House and Senate next year.

Biden wants McConnell as Majority leader, and he wants McCarthy as Speaker of the House.

That's the only explanation for the pathetic and impotent actions of Biden and the Democratic leadership over the last month.

No. We were told that we had to vote for Biden because he was the one who could get things done, not Bernie.

Well, fast forward to today and Biden hasn't gotten shit done, and the Democrats haven't either.

The GQP passed their shitty tax cut in under a week in 2017. So there's no fucking excuse for these delays today. This COVID bill should have been on Biden's desk to sign ON DAY FUCKING ONE.

Instead, they negotiated away everything in the bill that would have actually recovered the economy.

This is going to be as toothless and worthless as the ARRA was. It's going to be a carbon copy of it, and it's ineffectiveness and lack of big swings will cost us the House next year.

First of all, I probably did more than anyone on these boards to GET US a Democratic Senate thanks to the efforts of us here in Georgia. We won those two runoffs last month on the promise of $2K checks. Not "some people get some portion of the $2K check". That's not what we ran on, and it's not what we promised.

We were promised $2K checks. Ossoff and Warnock both tweeted that. It's what they fucking ran on, and I'm not going to watch all that hard work go down the drain because of Joe fucking Manchin or Kristen fucking Sinema. More people voted for Ossoff in GA than Manchin in WV, so all due respect, FUCK THAT POSITION.

You ran on $2K checks..."IMMEDIATE" $2K checks.

30 days is not "immediate".

By the time all these checks will be distributed, it will be the end of March.

People need relief NOW.

Canceling $50K of student loan debt would be immediate relief. But guess who says no to that, and why?

And I don't really fucking give a shit what Conservatives think. As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't even be allowed a seat at the fucking table after the shit they pulled the last 20 years.
    LV...you are as out-of-control as the morons on the right.

Makes no sense to argue with them...and makes no sense to argue with you. Those of us dealing with reality will keep you folk in mind.

Joe Biden is making a decent start to his term...and I think most reasonable, thinking people will give him more time to make good on as much of his promises as can be obtained.

I wish you, and your counterparts on the right, good luck with your delusions.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,763 Times in 33,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

So the people that are affected by repealing the tax cut...need this 1400.00 check?

I know no one that NEEDS it!
    You’re wrong, as always, there are many that are truly hurting.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-26-2021), moon (02-26-2021)

13. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    LV...you are as out-of-control as the morons on the right.

Makes no sense to argue with them...and makes no sense to argue with you. Those of us dealing with reality will keep you folk in mind.

Joe Biden is making a decent start to his term...and I think most reasonable, thinking people will give him more time to make good on as much of his promises as can be obtained.

I wish you, and your counterparts on the right, good luck with your delusions.
    Showing dissatisfaction with Biden and Congressional Democrats doesn't align me with Conservatives at all.

I resent that compartmentalization.

I'm not the only leftist or liberal or progressive who has been saying that Biden and the Dems ain't doing enough. In fact, I've been sending up warning after warning about the legislative strategy of Biden and the Dems.

We knew that COVID relief was going to be watered down, and that's why the FIRST legislative priority should have been the DC Statehood Act, which would have given us TWO more Democratic Senators who then could have replaced Manchin and Sinema and voted to remove the Filibuster, so that we could get an effective COVID relief bill, a new Voting Rights Act, and a $15/hr MW.

I even laid that strategy out on JPP multiple times, emailed my reps and Senators, practically screamed it from the rooftops.

But the reason DC won't be a state is the same reason this COVID bill will not be enough, Democrats lack the political will because of Joe fucking Manchin and Kristen fucking Sinema.

14. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Note you all still don't have checks, but the meida isn't saying shit about it like they did with the previous administration.... I wonder why.

no I don't

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Showing dissatisfaction with Biden and Congressional Democrats doesn't align me with Conservatives at all.

I resent that compartmentalization.

I'm not the only leftist or liberal or progressive who has been saying that Biden and the Dems ain't doing enough. In fact, I've been sending up warning after warning about the legislative strategy of Biden and the Dems.

We knew that COVID relief was going to be watered down, and that's why the FIRST legislative priority should have been the DC Statehood Act, which would have given us TWO more Democratic Senators who then could have replaced Manchin and Sinema and voted to remove the Filibuster, so that we could get an effective COVID relief bill, a new Voting Rights Act, and a $15/hr MW.

I even laid that strategy out on JPP multiple times, emailed my reps and Senators, practically screamed it from the rooftops.

But the reason DC won't be a state is the same reason this COVID bill will not be enough, Democrats lack the political will because of Joe fucking Manchin and Kristen fucking Sinema.

you resent that compartmentalization? you do it all the time, isn't it a shitty thing to do? I agree.

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Big Money Dolla View Post
    you resent that compartmentalization? you do it all the time, isn't it a shitty thing to do? I agree.
    I'm not the one pretending and posturing on JPP for effect. I actually believe the things I write here, instead of just being cynically insincere about it.

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I'm not the one pretending and posturing on JPP for effect. I actually believe the things I write here, instead of just being cynically insincere about it.

see, there you go, you engage in behavior you whine about.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    It probably isn’t enough, but it’s a start. I’m not going to criticize till he says he’s done.
    Well, I used to have a Biden meme in my signature that was from Bob's Burgers where Bob's like, "OK fine, but I'm going to complain the whole time".

I wouldn't be much of a progressive or leftist if I didn't complain about the Democrats' inability to swing for the fences.

19. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,129 Times in 9,659 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 504 Times in 477 Posts
    Blog Entries

As I said during the campaign, I would hit Biden if he didn't do what he promised.

Well, here we are...a month into his administration and still no:

-->$2K checks
    -->$15/hr MW
    -->Student Debt Relief

But hey, he dropped a few bombs in Syria, so....

US launches airstrike, bombs Syrian facilities used by Iran-backed militia
    https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2600121_1.html
    he's a corporatist, ya stupid fucking idiot. he loves war and destruction.