Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden dropping ball on COVID relief - no checks, but bombs in Syria?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,615 Times in 10,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Everybody needs the checks.
    Tom Brady needs this 1400.00 check?

180k a year guy who not missed work...needs this 1400.00 check?

I don't need it!

Sorry u are a poor shit stain and need it

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,240 Times in 7,656 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Every single day that passes justifies Democratic inaction further.

They are going to do this COVID bill and they are going to think this is enough.

So in 6 months, when the economy is still a flaming pile of dogshit, they're going to do some mealy-mouthed concern trolling but ultimately won't do a goddamned thing because Biden and the Democratic leadership absolutely loathe flexing their political muscles.

Why Biden isn't calling for the expulsion of Hawley, Cruz, and the other insurrectionists who aided a riot to prevent Biden from being President is the kind of Obama-era complacency that cost us the House in 2010.
    I am in favor of a universal basic income.

But this is not the time for that no matter what.

In the meantime, doing the kind of pissing and moaning about Joe Biden you are doing right now...JUST 5 WEEKS AFTER HE TOOK OFFICE...is as much an abomination as that attack on the capitol the idiots of the right managed.

Give the man a bit of time to set things up.

It has been only five fucking weeks!!!

By the way, the conservative assholes here are just loving this. They should be., Your section of the left has lost its mind to start this kind of bullshit...rather than attempting to give the guy the backing he needs to move ahead.
    ON HIS WORST DAY, JOE BIDEN IS A BETTER PRESIDENT THAN TRUMP WAS ON HIS BEST DAY!

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Have you noticed the Stock Market? Many people have more money than they know what to do with. They are just waiting to get their Shots and the Green Light to go out and SPEND..
    The stock market is not the economy, only 50% of American workers own stock, the top 1% owns 80% of all stock, and the market can be upended by teenagers sitting in their parents basements using stimmy checks to fuck over hedge funds and expose the market's obvious fragility.

In my experience, I don't find stock market arguments very compelling for all those reasons above...

If you say so.
    Do you think any voter steps into a voting booth and makes their decision based on legislative semantics from two years prior? Or would they simply say "hey, these folks gave me a check to survive COVID, and these folks didn't, so that makes my voting decision pretty easy"?

In the end, no one cares about the Senate Parliamentarian or the Filibuster...people care about their bank accounts and their safety.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Tom Brady needs this 1400.00 check?

180k a year guy who not missed work...needs this 1400.00 check?

I don't need it!

Sorry u are a poor shit stain and need it
    Then don't take it...be the fucking idiot who turned down a free check on principle.

You can always tear it up and not cash it, if you don't want it.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

The stock market is not the economy, only 50% of American workers own stock, the top 1% owns 80% of all stock, and the market can be upended by teenagers sitting in their parents basements using stimmy checks to fuck over hedge funds and expose the market's obvious fragility.

In my experience, I don't find stock market arguments very compelling for all those reasons above...

Do you think any voter steps into a voting booth and makes their decision based on legislative semantics from two years prior? Or would they simply say "hey, these folks gave me a check to survive COVID, and these folks didn't, so that makes my voting decision pretty easy"?

In the end, no one cares about the Senate Parliamentarian or the Filibuster...people care about their bank accounts and their safety.
    This is also quite infuriating. Biden is supposed to be the union guy.

BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then don't take it...be the fucking idiot who turned down a free check on principle.

You can always tear it up and not cash it, if you don't want it.
    FREE?

So money grows on trees? fucking goddamn idiot

Since its FREE and grows on trees..just send everyone 14 million dollar checks

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

As I said during the campaign, I would hit Biden if he didn't do what he promised.

Well, here we are...a month into his administration and still no:

-->$2K checks
    -->$15/hr MW
    -->Student Debt Relief

But hey, he dropped a few bombs in Syria, so....

US launches airstrike, bombs Syrian facilities used by Iran-backed militia
    https://www.business-standard.com/ar...2600121_1.html
    Biden believes in the system and the process. He will do some executive orders, but he will allow Congress to do their jobs. I think it’s a smart process, he has two Democrats. Dine a and Manchin who are Republican light, if he wants them on board he has to it the right way.

They will do separate legislation on the minimum wage, which will be better to get the Republicans on record.

He can also do college debt forgiveness a little at a time.

I am never happy when they bomb. I feel there are better ways to handle the situation.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    I am in favor of a universal basic income.

But this is not the time for that no matter what..
    There is no better time for it than right now, when millions of people have lost their jobs and millions more are about to.

There is also no better time for Medicare-for-all than right now, as we struggle with a nationwide pandemic where over 20M people don't even have access to health care because they don't have stupid health insurance.

Right now is the time to do these big things.

In the meantime, doing the kind of pissing and moaning about Joe Biden you are doing right now...JUST 5 WEEKS AFTER HE TOOK OFFICE...is as much an abomination as that attack on the capitol the idiots of the right managed.
    STOP.

I can legitimately criticize the poor job Biden and the Democrats are doing because they ran an entire campaign on the promise of doing something , and this $1.9T bill (which is less than the shitty Russia Tax Cut) is not enough and they're going to have to do something in 6 months, but they won't because they don't want to do anything.

They want to lose the House and Senate next year.

Biden wants McConnell as Majority leader, and he wants McCarthy as Speaker of the House.

That's the only explanation for the pathetic and impotent actions of Biden and the Democratic leadership over the last month.

Give the man a bit of time to set things up.
    No. We were told that we had to vote for Biden because he was the one who could get things done, not Bernie.

Well, fast forward to today and Biden hasn't gotten shit done, and the Democrats haven't either.

The GQP passed their shitty tax cut in under a week in 2017. So there's no fucking excuse for these delays today. This COVID bill should have been on Biden's desk to sign ON DAY FUCKING ONE.

Instead, they negotiated away everything in the bill that would have actually recovered the economy.

This is going to be as toothless and worthless as the ARRA was. It's going to be a carbon copy of it, and it's ineffectiveness and lack of big swings will cost us the House next year.

By the way, the conservative assholes here are just loving this. They should be., Your section of the left has lost its mind to start this kind of bullshit...rather than attempting to give the guy the backing he needs to move ahead.
    First of all, I probably did more than anyone on these boards to GET US a Democratic Senate thanks to the efforts of us here in Georgia. We won those two runoffs last month on the promise of $2K checks. Not "some people get some portion of the $2K check". That's not what we ran on, and it's not what we promised.

We were promised $2K checks. Ossoff and Warnock both tweeted that. It's what they fucking ran on, and I'm not going to watch all that hard work go down the drain because of Joe fucking Manchin or Kristen fucking Sinema. More people voted for Ossoff in GA than Manchin in WV, so all due respect, FUCK THAT POSITION.

You ran on $2K checks..."IMMEDIATE" $2K checks.

30 days is not "immediate".

By the time all these checks will be distributed, it will be the end of March.

People need relief NOW.

Canceling $50K of student loan debt would be immediate relief. But guess who says no to that, and why?

And I don't really fucking give a shit what Conservatives think. As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't even be allowed a seat at the fucking table after the shit they pulled the last 20 years.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    This is also quite infuriating. Biden is supposed to be the union guy.

Yeah, exactly. It's all bullshit. The Democrats do not have the will to lead, and the Republicans are fascists.

I think we can expect the GOP to retake the House next year because the Democrats are going to hand it to them.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    FREE?

So money grows on trees? fucking goddamn idiot

Since its FREE and grows on trees..just send everyone 14 million dollar checks
    We could just repeal the tax cut to pay for it.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Biden believes in the system and the process. He will do some executive orders, but he will allow Congress to do their jobs. I think it’s a smart process, he has two Democrats. Dine a and Manchin who are Republican light, if he wants them on board he has to it the right way.
    Mark my words...they will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be on board.

Manchin doesn't even want DC as a state because then HIS political power gets weakened. He won't even vote for most of Biden's cabinet nominees.

They will do separate legislation on the minimum wage, which will be better to get the Republicans on record.
    That legislation will fail. It will never become law. It will never even get a vote on the floor of the Senate because of Manchin and Sinema...and in a year and a half, the failure of that legislation will be what costs Democrats both houses of Congress.

He can also do college debt forgiveness a little at a time.
    He's not even going to forgive $10K. Watch. They'll pass this stupid COVID bill, and then they'll think that is enough and they won't need to do anything else.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We could just repeal the tax cut to pay for it.
    So the people that are affected by repealing the tax cut...need this 1400.00 check?

I know no one that NEEDS it!

13. The Following User Groans At volsrock For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (02-26-2021)

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Yeah, exactly. It's all bullshit. The Democrats do not have the will to lead, and the Republicans are fascists.

I think we can expect the GOP to retake the House next year because the Democrats are going to hand it to them.
    Sadly, I agree and this is what happens when the will of the people is replaced with an Oligarchy.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

LV426 (02-26-2021)

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,089 Times in 33,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,080 Times in 4,696 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mark my words...they will never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be on board.

Manchin doesn't even want DC as a state because then HIS political power gets weakened. He won't even vote for most of Biden's cabinet nominees.

That legislation will fail. It will never become law. It will never even get a vote on the floor of the Senate because of Manchin and Sinema...and in a year and a half, the failure of that legislation will be what costs Democrats both houses of Congress.

He's not even going to forgive $10K. Watch. They'll pass this stupid COVID bill, and then they'll think that is enough and they won't need to do anything else.
    Well, time will tell. It’s only been 36 days, he’s got a lot on his plate, I will give him time. I think he’s done a lot in a month, considering all the crap he came into office facing.