Thread: Rabbi ‘nauseated’ by half-mast flags for Limbaugh’s funeral

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,811 Times in 14,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,453 Times in 1,372 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Rabbi ‘nauseated’ by half-mast flags for Limbaugh’s funeral

Those are the words of Florida Rabbi Jeffrey K Salkin, above, who expressed deep disgust over the fact that the Governor of his state – Ron DeSantis – had ordered flags to be flown at half-mast today (Wednesday) for hatemonger Rush Limbaugh’s funeral.

I remember experiencing intense nausea as then-President Donald Trump awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, this nation’s highest civilian honor, last February.

It was easy to recall that feeling of nausea because I experienced it again the other day when the governor of my state, Ron DeSantis, ordered that all flags in the state be lowered in Limbaugh’s honor.

Nauseated, but hardly surprised. The truth is: Limbaugh’s hateful rhetoric was the verbal midwife to the Trump politics of hate. Consider this: Limbaugh had ridiculed the Parkinson’s tremors of actor Michael J. Fox – just as Trump ridiculed a disabled reporter.

Which, in a normal world, should have been the death knell of the Trump candidacy.

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, above, a Democrat, said in a statement on Monday that she had instructed her staff not to comply with order.

Lowering to half-staff the flag of the United States of America is a sacred honor that pays respect to fallen heroes and patriots. It is not a partisan political tool.

Therefore, I will notify all state offices under my direction to disregard the Governor’s forthcoming order to lower flags for Mr Limbaugh because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/thefre...utm_content=44
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

“If Hamas put down their weapons, there would be no more violence. If the Jews put down their weapons, there would be no Israel."

ברוך השם

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 80 Times in 80 Posts

Desantis obviously has some racist tendencies.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (02-25-2021)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 15 Times in 15 Posts

Limbaugh only spoke the truth and if you find that hateful then it's because they were hateful actions by the liberals.

All Rush did was point out what tne left were doing.

Rush set a new standard and broke new territory with talk radio and that's why he was awarded by Trump.

And he did, you can't argue that.

Liberals would have no problem giving it to Howard stern who could only talk about tits and penis size while pushing the narrative of the metooi movement and that illustrates the difference between the two sides

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Those are the words of Florida Rabbi Jeffrey K Salkin, above, who expressed deep disgust over the fact that the Governor of his state – Ron DeSantis – had ordered flags to be flown at half-mast today (Wednesday) for hatemonger Rush Limbaugh’s funeral.

I remember experiencing intense nausea as then-President Donald Trump awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, this nation’s highest civilian honor, last February.

It was easy to recall that feeling of nausea because I experienced it again the other day when the governor of my state, Ron DeSantis, ordered that all flags in the state be lowered in Limbaugh’s honor.

Nauseated, but hardly surprised. The truth is: Limbaugh’s hateful rhetoric was the verbal midwife to the Trump politics of hate. Consider this: Limbaugh had ridiculed the Parkinson’s tremors of actor Michael J. Fox – just as Trump ridiculed a disabled reporter.

Which, in a normal world, should have been the death knell of the Trump candidacy.

Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, above, a Democrat, said in a statement on Monday that she had instructed her staff not to comply with order.

Lowering to half-staff the flag of the United States of America is a sacred honor that pays respect to fallen heroes and patriots. It is not a partisan political tool.

Therefore, I will notify all state offices under my direction to disregard the Governor’s forthcoming order to lower flags for Mr Limbaugh because we will not celebrate hate speech, bigotry, and division.

sad rabbis......perhaps God will forgive him for his hatred......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

MAGA MAN (02-26-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

the flag is not a partisan political tool........Nikki Fried is a partisan political tool....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post

demon infected racists often feel sick around their better fellows.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

all this feigned outrage. lol

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'd say "snowflake", but this happened in Floriduh...

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
    Limbaugh only spoke the truth and if you find that hateful then it's because they were hateful actions by the liberals.

All Rush did was point out what tne left were doing.

Rush set a new standard and broke new territory with talk radio and that's why he was awarded by Trump.

And he did, you can't argue that.

Liberals would have no problem giving it to Howard stern who could only talk about tits and penis size while pushing the narrative of the metooi movement and that illustrates the difference between the two sides
    All Rush did was be an absolute asshole as he personally attacked weaker people to titillate an audience of uneducated rightys who lacked a knowledge base to fight his poisonous words. He mistreated and lied about so many people who did not have a platform to stand up to him. He was a rude, abusive, and disgusting person.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (03-05-2021)

13. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,784 Times in 17,238 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    If god exists, he would not be fooled like you rightys are. Rush is getting a serious suntan right now.,

14. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    If god exists, he would not be fooled like you rightys are. Rush is getting a serious suntan right now.,
    if God exists you are fucked for all eternity.....just sayin'......

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    Will God forgive you for being a lying cunt?

16. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 15 Times in 15 Posts

All Rush did was be an absolute asshole as he personally attacked weaker people to titillate an audience of uneducated rightys who lacked a knowledge base to fight his poisonous words. He mistreated and lied about so many people who did not have a platform to stand up to him. He was a rude, abusive, and disgusting person.
    Nope, he exposed the many lies of the left.

And there were plenty of platforms for the liberals like Air America and they all failed because they couldn't actually defend against the truthful things Rush was saying. If you had a nickel for every time he was right you would be as rich as he was.

And his audience is about 60/40 conservative to liberal.

People had to listen to him to hate him.

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    Will God forgive you for being a lying cunt?
    he's even forgiven me for real things........will he pay any attention to people who refused to believe he was a real thing?.....

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

80% of his audience had college degrees.