Thread: Critical Race Theory

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,302 Times in 53,215 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Well, so much for 'Reparations'. It's pretty obvious by our Scientists here, there is no 'race' and we're all identical.
    We're not identical, but "race" is an artificial classification of human beings. And reparations are stupid, unless maybe you were a Japanese-American who was stripped of everything and locked in a camp in WWII.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Critical Race Theory is Bull Shit invented by abusers.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    We're not identical, but "race" is an artificial classification of human beings. And reparations are stupid, unless maybe you were a Japanese-American who was stripped of everything and locked in a camp in WWII.
    Well, how would you 'classify' Black Africans, White Europeans, and Yellow Asians? You yourself mentioned 'Neanderthal' and 'Denisovans'.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, how would you 'classify' Black Africans, White Europeans, and Yellow Asians? You yourself mentioned 'Neanderthal' and 'Denisovans'.
    The latter two are distinct human subspecies. Everyone else you mentioned belongs to homo sapiens sapiens. Even you. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The latter two are distinct human subspecies. Everyone else you mentioned belong to homo sapiens sapiens. Even you. lol
    Yes. But even I can see the difference between Africans, Europeans, and Asians. So, if you don't want to use the word 'race', which word would you like to use?

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes. But even I can see the difference between Africans, Europeans, and Asians. So, if you don't want to use the word 'race', which word would you like to use?
    Why do you believe that a specific word is necessary when referring to a human whose phenotype is different than your own?

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,626 Times in 27,290 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Isn't that cool? We've known for a while now that most of us of European/Asian ancestry have some Neanderthal genes. Some of us also have Denisovan genes, plus genes from a yet-to-be-identified other human species. They've been able to trace our lineage via mDNA all the way back to one individual female who lived in Africa, colloquially named "Mitochondrial Eve."
    Nice work, professor.
    "Science Thursdays" are always my favorite day on jpp dot com!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-25-2021)

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Why do you believe that a specific word is necessary when referring to a human whose phenotype is different than your own?
    It would probably be helpful in describing Events.
    Like, slavery in America. You know, were the slaves Homo Sapiens and the slave-holders were Homo Sapiens and how could one discern if there was a systematic 'discrimination'?

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It would probably be helpful in describing Events.
    Like, slavery in America. You know, were the slaves Homo Sapiens and the slave-holders were Homo Sapiens and how could one discern if there was a systematic 'discrimination'?
    In a legal sense I suppose that the descendants of slaves (no matter what their original homeland was) would be referred to as "of African descent" or "of Asian descent" or "of indigenous native descent."

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

In a legal sense I suppose that the descendants of slaves (no matter what their original homeland was) would be referred to as "of African descent" or "of Asian descent" or "of indigenous native descent."
    I think you are circumventing the point. By having the word 'race' describe the different ethnic origins, you can then understand the concept of 'Racial Superiority'.
    Columbus subjugating the Indigenous People. The English subjugating the Indian sub continent. The Dutch subjugating the Congo. I guess I could mention the Germans and the Jews, but you get the point.

So, IMO, the word 'race' has a place in understanding what has/is occurring.

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think you are circumventing the point. By having the word 'race' describe the different ethnic origins, you can then understand the concept of 'Racial Superiority'.
    Columbus subjugating the Indigenous People. The English subjugating the Indian sub continent. The Dutch subjugating the Congo. I guess I could mention the Germans and the Jews, but you get the point.

So, IMO, the word 'race' has a place in understanding what has/is occurring.
    In the cultural sense, yes. In the biological sense, no.

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,328 Times in 52,382 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Smith View Post
    What good points?
    It's attempting to shake up the status quo and create a less racist system. There's truth in the basic theory that race is a social construct and that since the construct dates back to the Roman Empire and the Catholic church, there's an inherent belief in it's inherent infallibility. Manifest Destiny was part of that construct.

In the military, everyone, regardless of racial or any other identity, are reduced to the same level and then built up together as Marines, dogfaces, squids, zoomies or Coasties. I think CRT is attempting something similar.

The bad point, and IMO it's so bad it needs to be stopped, is that it is racist by separating people by racial identity and declaring "whites" bad. It's a chance of birth that my ancestors primarily came from Northern Europe. Are people only 90% bad due to their heritage? 95%? 50%? What about Tiger Woods. He's famously not black. He's Cablinasian and is mostly Asian by ancestry and 100% American by birthright.

April 22, 1997
    https://apnews.com/article/458b77108...0f1b73be0da618
    When Tiger Woods was asked in school to check one box that best described his background, he couldn’t settle on one. Perhaps that’s because there wasn’t a box for ``Cablinasian.″

That’s the word that best describes his background, a blend of Caucasian, black, Indian and Asian, the 21-year-old golf star said on ``The Oprah Winfrey Show.″

Woods, described as the first black Masters champion, said it bothers him when people call him an African-American.

``It does,″ he said Monday during the taping in Chicago. ``Growing up, I came up with this name: I’m a `Cablinasian.‴

Woods’ race has often been an issue in a game played predominantly by whites. It was brought to the forefront again when Fuzzy Zoeller referred to him as ``that little boy″ and urged him not to put fried chicken or collard greens on the menu of the Champions Dinner next year at Augusta National....
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, so much for 'Reparations'. It's pretty obvious by our Scientists here, there is no 'race' and we're all identical.
    Whew! That's one problem solved.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Jack (02-25-2021)

16. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,563 Times in 9,976 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

CRT in action. The well meaning Asian girl told the TRUTH. Her reward was to be silenced because the truth made too many people uncomfortable because they like living in a make believe bullshit world and did not want their narrative altered in any way. Truth be damned.

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Native American Studies/Anthropology.
    Have you been to the National Museum of the American Indian in Washington, DC or the First American Museum in Oklahoma? I've only seen the former but have the second on my wife's and my bucket travel list.

FWIW, I prefer the off season since it's cooler and less crowded.

https://americanindian.si.edu/

https://famok.org/

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (02-25-2021)