Thread: Critical Race Theory

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Sounds a bit too much like, “can’t we all get along”

I have no problem with CRT as an understanding of racism, I believe history bears it out, and ignoring the realities doesn’t help in grasping the current implications nor addressing the issue

Also don’t see it as reverse racism, or, if I understand you correctly, employing racism to cure racism
    What's your take on what is happening at the Dalton School? As I understand it, it's a $50K+/yr progressive private school in NYC that sends many kids to elite Universities. Yet the school and its curriculum has been declared essentially racist and been restructured around CRT.

Is this the model you'd like to see happen across the country?

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,448 Times in 52,464 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Sounds a bit too much like, “can’t we all get along”

I have no problem with CRT as an understanding of racism, I believe history bears it out, and ignoring the realities doesn’t help in grasping the current implications nor addressing the issue

Also don’t see it as reverse racism, or, if I understand you correctly, employing racism to cure racism
    That's asking a lot of human beings.

Understanding racism is one thing; telling people they are fucking assholes because their great-great-great-grandparents were assholes is wrong.

Do you agree discriminating people by their racial identity is racism? If so, then how can giving someone a boost because of their skin tone be anything but racist?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    It differentiates and punishes people for their racial identity. I'm advocating not having any racial identity at all.
    Someone's race is an intrinsic part of who they are.

So by pretending you don't see it, you're telling that person that their skin color is inherently problematic, so you're just going to avoid the problem.

Why can't you just acknowledge someone's race? Why do you feel like you're being fair by not even acknowledging it?
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's a fair but dicey point about generational wealth. It's traditional that parents work hard to make life better for their children. Why do all that if it's completely taken away? Remember the hullabaloo over "the Death Tax"?

Psychologically, people do not develop a healthy sense of self-esteem if they don't have to earn their keep. This is true be it one of the Hilton kids or someone on welfare from cradle to grave. Obviously it's better to be a lazy, worthless Hilton kid than someone who is poor. Either way, IMO, they can't become fully actualized human beings being treated as child.

As such, I favor an increase to the "Death Tax". An adult giving their kid a headstart with a good education and a healthy upbringing up through 18, 25 if they go to college, should be enough. Obviously others will disagree.
    Usually, people with 11 million, have figured out a way to get around the 'Death Tax'.

"When a person dies, their assets could be subject to estate taxes and inheritance taxes, depending on where they lived and how much they were worth. While the threat of estate taxes and inheritance taxes is real, in reality, the vast majority of estates are too small to be charged a federal estate tax—which, as of 2021, applies only if the assets of the deceased person are worth $11.70 million or more.1 What's more, most states have neither an estate tax, which is levied on the actual estate nor an inheritance tax, which is assessed against those who receive an inheritance from an estate.2"
    https://www.investopedia.com/article...d-how-much.asp

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Agreed, although executive orders have the force of law. If they didn't nobody would be required to follow AA guidelines.

These are part of federal laws:
    29 USC §793 - Rehabilitation Act of 1973
    38 USC §4212 - Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974
    The actual AA guidelines:

An affirmative action program includes those policies, practices, and procedures that the contractor implements to ensure that all qualified applicants and employees are receiving an equal opportunity for recruitment, selection, advancement, and every other term and privilege associated with employment.

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Understanding racism is one thing; telling people they are fucking assholes because their great-great-great-grandparents were assholes is wrong
    Who is doing that? What victimhood is this? What a load of horseshit.

If you think acknowledging that your ancestors perpetuated a racist system means you're an asshole, then you need to stop being so fucking sensitive.

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Understanding racism is one thing; telling people they are fucking assholes because their great-great-great-grandparents were assholes is wrong.
    Literally no one is doing this.

No one is forcing you to own the mistakes of your ancestors.

We're just asking you to acknowledge those mistakes. That's not something you seem prepared to do because you have intrinsically linked yourself to your ancestors, so you take it all personally.

So that's a you problem, not a CRT problem.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,683 Times in 27,327 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Agreed, although executive orders have the force of law. If they didn't nobody would be required to follow AA guidelines.

These are part of federal laws:
    29 USC §793 - Rehabilitation Act of 1973
    38 USC §4212 - Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974
    My understanding was the question was whether or not Affirmative Action was a piece of legislation.

It is not.

AA as practiced by the federal government, universities, and federal contractors is a series of policies based on regulations developed by the Executive Branch

Policy and regulations of course have to pass legal muster by purporting to implement congressional intent by interpreting statutory law. The Executive branch does not have the authority to act in an arbitrary and capricious nature.

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,578 Times in 9,986 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Literally no one is doing this.

No one is forcing you to own the mistakes of your ancestors.

We're just asking you to acknowledge those mistakes. That's not something you seem prepared to do because you have intrinsically linked yourself to your ancestors, so you take it all personally.

So that's a you problem, not a CRT problem.
    The problem that a whole lot of people of ALL races have with CRT is there doesnt seem to be any ownership of responsibility coming from "some" black people for their role in the original problem which is slavery. As we all know,....black tribes made war on other black tribes and made slaves of the losing tribe. They then basically put the slaves up FOR SALE to Europeans, Arabs, and anyone else who would pay them for their human goods. THAT is a pretty big part of the entire picture right there and one that CRT pushers never quite seem to want to talk about or acknowledge in any way. The European could have never bought,....if the human product of slave was never first made for sale.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What is worse? Buying a man....or selling a man ? Especially a man of your own kind that you ripped away from his own village and family first...

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Obama's pal admitting the truth. Good on him to do so....

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Bro! Check your PRIVILEGE!

LOL just kidding. Thanks you so much for this post. I am in tears. For real. The white soft-genocide is for real. White children are being taught to line up for the slaughter house. LOL laugh all you want and call me a conspiracy theorist.
    Thanks for the support. Disagreed on the "white soft-genocide" or that anyone is being lined up for slaughter. What is happening is that racism continues and that, IMO, hurts the nation as a whole.

What's best for the United States is that the potential of all citizens are maximized as much as possible. This makes for better citizens and better citizens are more productive and better for the nation as a whole.

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the support. Disagreed on the "white soft-genocide" or that anyone is being lined up for slaughter. What is happening is that racism continues and that, IMO, hurts the nation as a whole.

What's best for the United States is that the potential of all citizens are maximized as much as possible. This makes for better citizens and better citizens are more productive and better for the nation as a whole.
    Fucking A. You nailed it.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Usually, people with 11 million, have figured out a way to get around the 'Death Tax'.

"When a person dies, their assets could be subject to estate taxes and inheritance taxes, depending on where they lived and how much they were worth. While the threat of estate taxes and inheritance taxes is real, in reality, the vast majority of estates are too small to be charged a federal estate tax—which, as of 2021, applies only if the assets of the deceased person are worth $11.70 million or more.1 What's more, most states have neither an estate tax, which is levied on the actual estate nor an inheritance tax, which is assessed against those who receive an inheritance from an estate.2"
    https://www.investopedia.com/article...d-how-much.asp
    The tax code is a lot of mutual back scratching. It needs to be reformed....but I won't be holding my breath. The Republicans won't do it and the Democrats are too busy pushing their race and anti-gun agendas.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

Jack (02-24-2021)

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

The tax code is a lot of mutual back scratching. It needs to be reformed....but I won't be holding my breath. The Republicans won't do it and the Democrats are too busy pushing their race and anti-gun agendas.
    When someone works hard and is fortunate enough to have monies to leave some of that to their family so they can continue to do so for generations, it should not be taxed. Everyone in this country has the same opportunity as the next to make that happen.