1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

Default Obama says reparations 'justified'

what a fuckwad..
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/oba...ite-resistance

he former president claimed that a reparations proposal didn’t make its way through the lawmaking process during his presidency due to "the politics of White resistance and resentment."

"And what I saw during my presidency was the politics of White resistance and resentment. The talk of 'welfare queens' and the talk of the 'undeserving' poor. And the backlash against affirmative action," Obama said.

"All that made the prospect of actually proposing any kind of coherent, meaningful reparations program struck me as, politically, not only a nonstarter but potentially counterproductive."

REP. BURGESS OWENS: 'UNFAIR AND HEARTLESS' FOR DEMOCRATS TO RAISE BLACK AMERICANS' HOPES FOR REPARATIONS

Obama went on to say it was "perfectly understandable why working-class White folks, middle-class White folks, folks who are having trouble paying the bills or dealing with student loans, wouldn't be too thrilled" about the prospect of "a massive program that is designed to deal with the past but isn't speaking to their future."

Obama appears to have changed his position on reparations over the years. He opposed reparations during his 2008 presidential campaign, arguing that "the best reparations we can provide are good schools in the inner city and jobs for people who are unemployed."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Darth Omar (03-01-2021), Hermes Thoth (02-24-2021), Matt Dillon (02-24-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Of course he does.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

'Reparations' is all in the details.
    Like 'who pays?'
    And 'who gets?'

If you are a descendant of Union Soldiers that may have lost a limb or life in the Civil War, do YOU pay?
    If you are a descendant of a Black slave holder, do you get something ... because you are 'Black'?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Hermes Thoth (02-24-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Hell yeah, reparations are justified.

I think they should be paid from police pension funds.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

7. The Following User Groans At LV426 For This Awful Post:

Matt Dillon (02-24-2021)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

TTQ64 (02-24-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post

i been saying this on this board for years
    but 'politics of White resistance' made it 'nonstarter' to propose

white america will never go for it................................................ ..............

10. The Following User Groans At TTQ64 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (02-24-2021)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

LV426 (02-24-2021)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukkha View Post
    what a fuckwad..

he former president claimed that a reparations proposal didn’t make its way through the lawmaking process during his presidency due to "the politics of White resistance and resentment."

"And what I saw during my presidency was the politics of White resistance and resentment. The talk of 'welfare queens' and the talk of the 'undeserving' poor. And the backlash against affirmative action," Obama said.

"All that made the prospect of actually proposing any kind of coherent, meaningful reparations program struck me as, politically, not only a nonstarter but potentially counterproductive."

REP. BURGESS OWENS: 'UNFAIR AND HEARTLESS' FOR DEMOCRATS TO RAISE BLACK AMERICANS' HOPES FOR REPARATIONS

Obama went on to say it was "perfectly understandable why working-class White folks, middle-class White folks, folks who are having trouble paying the bills or dealing with student loans, wouldn't be too thrilled" about the prospect of "a massive program that is designed to deal with the past but isn't speaking to their future."

Obama appears to have changed his position on reparations over the years. He opposed reparations during his 2008 presidential campaign, arguing that "the best reparations we can provide are good schools in the inner city and jobs for people who are unemployed."
    You are a racist MOFO!

Yours and your hateful friends in the Republican party's hatred expressed towards Obama is what fed the Hatred expressed towards TRUMP.

Here is the deal- Obama left office after 8 years, and he left office as one of the most popular presidents of all time, was never a part of any scandal, never broke any laws, was never impeached for anything, because he never committed any impeachable offenses.

Trump left office, after ONLY 4 years, and left office as one of the most disgusting persons that ever came to Washington DC, committed various Impeachable offenses, Lost the popular vote twice in a row, was impeached TWICE, told over 10,000 documented lies just in his tweets, speeches, and press conferences, started a resurrection, tried to steal an election, AND NOW IS ALSO THE MOST HATED PERSON IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY BY HIS OWN REPUBLICANS!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Rune (02-28-2021), TTQ64 (02-24-2021)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How many drops of Black blood do you need to qualify?

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    You are a racist MOFO!

Yours and your hateful friends in the Republican party's hatred expressed towards Obama is what fed the Hatred expressed towards TRUMP.

Here is the deal- Obama left office after 8 years, and he left office as one of the most popular presidents of all time, was never a part of any scandal, never broke any laws, was never impeached for anything, because he never committed any impeachable offenses.

Trump left office, after ONLY 4 years, and left office as one of the most disgusting persons that ever came to Washington DC, committed various Impeachable offenses, was impeached TWICE, told over 10,000 documented lies just in his tweets, speeches, and press conferences, started a resurrection, tried to steal an election, AND NOW IS ALSO THE MOST HATED PERSON IN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY BY HIS OWN REPUBLICANS!
    Yeah. Sure. But Obama wore a tan suit. You easily left THAT out.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

dukkha (02-24-2021), Geeko Sportivo (02-24-2021)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post

racist whites on this board know we've had this discussion...........

they dont want equality!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

LV426 (02-24-2021)

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

250 years of slavery. 90 years of Jim Crow. 60 years of separate but equal. 35 years of racist housing policy. Until you all reckon with your compounding moral debts, America will never be whole.

Most Blacks are forgiving people. We aren't looking for a check in the mail...…..that is the racist white man's narrative and excuse not to give reparations.

We will accept reparations in the forms of the following:

Eliminate the for profit prison industrial complex
    Eliminate the cash bail system
    Eliminate Check the box for housing
    Eliminate Redlining in housing
    Eliminate Check the box for employment
    Eliminate Background checks for employment
    Eliminate Bias's in Financial Institutions with low cost, low interest rate loans
    Eliminate Voting restriction
    Eliminate the Electoral College
    Eliminate the Death Penalty
    Eliminate Police Unions
    Eliminate Racist laws such as sagging pants, loitering, skateboarding etc.
    Eliminate Racial segregation laws
    Revise and Revamp the ENTIRE LAW ENFORCEMENT SYSTEM hold racist departments, individual kops and the Justice Department accountable.
    Revise and Revamp the ENTIRE JUDICIAL SYSTEM Hold racist Judges, DA's, Prosecutors, etc accountable.
    Free Healthcare
    Free Education
    Raise the minimum wage to at lest 25.00 hr.

And if push comes to shove...…..give us our fuckin 40 acres and a mule!

This is for starters...……….I could add to the list.

THIS IS WHAT WE MEAN BY REPERATIONS

21. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

what a fuckwad..

Obama left office with a 60 percent approval rating, is widely acknowledged as a consequential and important president -- and he is so popular voters decided to give him a third term, in effect and by proxy, by electing his vice president to the oval office.

The wealth of this nation was built in large part on the backs of slaves and the confiscation of lands from indigenous people. We might as well be honest about it. I do not know what the proper response is, but since institutional bigotry still exists 150 after the civil war ended, it is probably worth a sober discussion

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    How many drops of Black blood do you need to qualify?
    do i need to have a slaveholder in my family as well to pay out?? of course this is all nutz.

we did Affirmative Action to help those alive now who may still be disadvantaged 150-175 years later

This is is more of Progressive noise to re-write history like the NYTimes 1619 project
    America is irredeemable racist construct (1619 Project) -so just pay us off and slink away while we re-write history.

Another facet of our ongoing Cultural Revolution ( and you know how that worked out!)

23. The Following User Says Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

Matt Dillon (02-24-2021)

24. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

do i need to have a slaveholder in my family as well to pay out?? of course this is all nutz.

we did Affirmative Action to help those alive now who may still be disadvantaged 150-175 years later

This is is more of Progressive noise to re-write history like the NYTimes 1619 project
    America is irredeemable racist construct (1619 Project) -so just pay us off and slink away while we re-write history.

Another facet of our ongoing Cultural Revolution ( and you know how that worked out!)

I wonder if the Latino immigrants will be the New Economic Slaves?

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Obama left office with a 60 percent approval rating, is widely acknowledged as a consequential and important president -- and he is so popular voters decided to give him a third term, in effect and by proxy, by electing his vice president to the oval office.

The wealth of this nation was built in large part on the backs of slaves and the confiscation of lands from indigenous people. We might as well be honest about it. I do not know what the proper response is, but since institutional bigotry still exists 150 after the civil war ended, it is probably worth a sober discussion
    The north did not have slaves -so that is silly. They did have indentured servants -slave but all in name.
    People conquer peoples -it's the nature of world history.

We have already used Affirmative Action; that's a worthy endeavor to help those alive effected by slavery,
    not punish others for the sins of the past