Thread: I am vaccinated, what next?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gfm7175 View Post
    Good for you.

The company is called Moderna... (I'll assume that you made a typo).

No, I absolutely will NOT be taking any covid related vaccine (but especially the mRNA type that you received).

I think you meant "to", not "too", and you do not need a comma in the middle. Herd immunity is a result of disease exposure, not of vaccine exposure. I suggest asking yourself why the WHO has recently changed their definition of "herd immunity" from being disease exposure related to being vaccine exposure related...

Vaccines do not grant immunity.

Yes.

IF you are infected with it...

There is no need for "precautions" outside of typical hygiene practices and typical methods of boosting one's immune system.
    Vaccines confer immunity to a disease—by definition.

What is nonsensical, is this idea that one has to act as though as they are not immune to the CCP Virus after taking a *vaccine* that supposedly confers immunity.

Makes absolutely no sense. It raises the question of whether they actually had a vaccine or something else that doesn’t meet the definition of a vaccine.

I’m in no hurry to take any of them. When they become readily available [basically when I can get one at the doc office or whatever] I’ll make my final decision. In the meantime, if the numbers keep dropping I may not take it at all.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I received my second vaccination today, I was given the Moderna vaccine. When your group is called, you really should take the vaccine. We got to get too, herd immunity!

If you already got your COVID-19 vaccine, are you wondering when the immunity kicks in and how long it lasts? Can you still catch COVID-19 and can you infect others? How long do you need to take precautions after vaccination? WHO’s Dr Kate O’ Brien answers one Science in 5.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...SAAEgI1A_D_BwE

Keep vigilant in the masking up. It's a show of solidarity and good will to those of us without a vax. Plus, you prob have noticed you've done
    better in cold and flu season!

It's funny, I've already seen a few "invincible elders" and "seniors with armor" walking around maskless. Ha!

3. The Following User Groans At Micawber For This Awful Post:

Underdog (03-01-2021)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 28 Times in 26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    All you do is regurgitate the foolish nonsense that Crazy Trump spews out, because you're that ignorant.
    I do realise an opposing view upsets you SNOWFLAKE but try not to get too battered within.

LIFE IS SHORT - SMILE WHILE YOU STILL HAVE TEETH.

we must all learn to hear what we do not like - the questions is not, "is it pleasant?" but, "is it true?"

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,394 Times in 1,136 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 154 Times in 151 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    Keep vigilant in the masking up. It's a show of solidarity and good will to those of us without a vax. Plus, you prob have noticed you've done
    better in cold and flu season!

It's funny, I've already seen a few "invincible elders" and "seniors with armor" walking around maskless. Ha!

wearing it when you are vaccinated shows submission not solidarity, it shows emotion, not science.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Underdog For This Post:

tinfoil (03-01-2021)

7. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    I received my second vaccination today, I was given the Moderna vaccine. When your group is called, you really should take the vaccine. We got to get too, herd immunity!

If you already got your COVID-19 vaccine, are you wondering when the immunity kicks in and how long it lasts? Can you still catch COVID-19 and can you infect others? How long do you need to take precautions after vaccination? WHO’s Dr Kate O’ Brien answers one Science in 5.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...SAAEgI1A_D_BwE

Now you;re ready for the real weaponized strain. LOL you should have listened to me
    Oops, did I scare you? Tough luck

8. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Money Dolla View Post
    wearing it when you are vaccinated shows submission not solidarity, it shows emotion, not science.
    It shows obedience to others instead obeying yourself and your own desires.
    Basically NPC for real

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,426 Times in 5,873 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,488 Times in 6,232 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cordeela View Post
    There is no COVID KILLER PANDEMIC VIRUS.
    You are a figment of an afflicted imagination.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to moon For This Post:

Iolo/Penderyn (03-01-2021)

11. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Omar View Post
    Vaccines confer immunity to a disease—by definition.

What is nonsensical, is this idea that one has to act as though as they are not immune to the CCP Virus after taking a *vaccine* that supposedly confers immunity.

Makes absolutely no sense. It raises the question of whether they actually had a vaccine or something else that doesn’t meet the definition of a vaccine.

I’m in no hurry to take any of them. When they become readily available [basically when I can get one at the doc office or whatever] I’ll make my final decision. In the meantime, if the numbers keep dropping I may not take it at all.
    The virus is evolving all the time, unlike the trumpers' thinking. I had my first jab about seven weeks ago, and I'll be waiting a while for my second. Till then I'm doing what's sensible - staying home except when shopping (wear a mask for that - could rob the shop if poor) and go for walks for exercise. People who talk like you have given us the highest death rate per million, but that may be just that we check properly, I suppose. You'll catch us up soon, if you keep up this silly posturing of yours. Bit like your gun nuttiness - something in the air probably, or all those drugs!

12. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    You are a figment of an afflicted imagination.
    Yes, thats fine. I thank you. Well done SNOWFLAKE. Keep the tissues handy.

we must all learn to hear what we do not like - the questions is not, "is it pleasant?" but, "is it true?"

13. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes, thats fine. I thank you. Well done SNOWFLAKE. Keep the tissues handy.
    What drugs do you use? They seem remarkably powerful.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

moon (03-01-2021)

15. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Iolo/Penderyn View Post
    What drugs do you use? They seem remarkably powerful.
    Lovely... thats excellent SNOWFLAKE. You carry on now lad. Be a good boy an don't let yourself down.

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lovely... thats excellent SNOWFLAKE. You carry on now lad. Be a good boy an don't let yourself down.
    Say 'Excuse me' next time you fart, there's a good foreign peasant. You get some civilised people on here, see.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

moon (03-01-2021)

18. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Say 'Excuse me' next time you fart, there's a good foreign peasant. You get some civilised people on here, see.
    your boring now. You had a head start on me - you being a leftie - you were already on the way to numb-nut head state.
    Were I into insults I could top your feeble attempts in a blink but I can not be bothered with you SNOWFLAKE. Dont forget to report me to the - "are you offended police" .. thats what your type do. so toddle along now boy.

19. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 32,101 Times in 21,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,307 Times in 1,235 Posts

The virus is evolving all the time, unlike the trumpers' thinking. I had my first jab about seven weeks ago, and I'll be waiting a while for my second. Till then I'm doing what's sensible - staying home except when shopping (wear a mask for that - could rob the shop if poor) and go for walks for exercise. People who talk like you have given us the highest death rate per million, but that may be just that we check properly, I suppose. You'll catch us up soon, if you keep up this silly posturing of yours. Bit like your gun nuttiness - something in the air probably, or all those drugs!
    What gives everyone the high death rates is the virus’s propensity to take the lives of the infirm and nursing home residents.

I’m in neither category. Statistics are your friend, they will shield you from undo panic.
    Coup has started. First of many steps. Impeachment will follow ultimately~WB attorney Mark Zaid, January 2017

20. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

your boring now. You had a head start on me - you being a leftie - you were already on the way to numb-nut head state.
    Were I into insults I could top your feeble attempts in a blink but I can not be bothered with you SNOWFLAKE. Dont forget to report me to the - "are you offended police" .. thats what your type do. so toddle along now boy.
    'You're'. If you must quack like a duck, try chucking yourself into the nearest pool, duckie. As a debater you are considerably inferior to our next-door's cat, honest!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

moon (03-01-2021)