1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,437 Times in 52,459 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    LIAR
    Are you denying you've been screaming that the crash was a conspiracy to hide the fact Tiger was DUI with ambien or some such bullshit?
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,109 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Are you denying you've been screaming that the crash was a conspiracy to hide the fact Tiger was DUI with ambien or some such bullshit?
    True/Not True is the only thing that matters.

Take your labels and shove them.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The label makers are almost always liars this deeply into this dark age, I dont pay them any attention anymore.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

True/Not True is the only thing that matters.

Take your labels and shove them.
    You're the one making labels, dumbass:
    THe overwhelming speculation currently is that I was right...this was all about drugs...Ambien being one of them.

Turns out that what the cops are trying to prove is that he feel asleep at the wheel...that's what they think happened.
    Not only are you a liar, you are claiming credit for your lie.

5. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

A five-point would work, but the combination of airbags and standard seat belts appears to work well.
    Certainly saves more lives than are taken.

And for those who think an occupant is better off without an airbag, because race car drivers don't use them, and are thus tempted to disable their own, I certainly hope they always wear a helmet and only travel in the same direction as all the other traffic, with no cross traffic intersections ever encountered...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-07-2021)

7. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Certainly saves more lives than are taken.

And for those who think an occupant is better off without an airbag, because race car drivers don't use them, and are thus tempted to disable their own, I certainly hope they always wear a helmet and only travel in the same direction as all the other traffic, with no cross traffic intersections ever encountered...
    Race car drivers, like pilots, have five-point harnesses. Drivers also have helmets and neck braces.

IMO it's foolish to disable a functioning safety device.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-08-2021)

9. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,440 Times in 2,013 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 611 Times in 582 Posts

I dont work for you.
    Oh good,I won't sign the check that was going in the mail.
    Tie Your 'roo down Mate

10. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mason? View Post
    Oh good,I won't sign the check that was going in the mail.
    People are now so ill formed that they dont know where one person ends and the next begins.

Our ancestors almost all did much better.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Race car drivers, like pilots, have five-point harnesses. Drivers also have helmets and neck braces.

IMO it's foolish to disable a functioning safety device.
    Of course it is.

Yes, they have had failures; but the odds are still heavily in favor of their success rate.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-08-2021)

13. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Of course it is.

Yes, they have had failures; but the odds are still heavily in favor of their success rate.
    Auto safety systems have an excellent safety record (see Ralph Nader). It's people who tamper with them or inadvertently damage them during home repairs who more often see failures.

A common example is the person who doesn't like the shoulder strap on their neck so they put it under their arm thereby defeating its function. Better to use a hand towel or shoulder harness pad.

14. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

People are now so ill formed that they dont know where one person ends and the next begins.

Our ancestors almost all did much better.
    Nostalgia is 20/20.

Sorry, dude, but no, they didn't. They fumbled around just like we do now. The world was simpler then but still deadly. Read a detailed history from the end of WWI until the US nuked Japan. It's very illuminating on this particular topic.

15. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Auto safety systems have an excellent safety record (see Ralph Nader). It's people who tamper with them or inadvertently damage them during home repairs who more often see failures.

A common example is the person who doesn't like the shoulder strap on their neck so they put it under their arm thereby defeating its function. Better to use a hand towel or shoulder harness pad.
    Safety and comfort are at odds with one another.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-08-2021)

17. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Safety and comfort are at odds with one another.
    Not necessary. The One-Size-Fits-All approach to seatbelts is a problem especially for short/younger people and women, who often don't wear collared shirts and, therefore, the belt rubs on bare skin. There are accessories of alleviate these problems.

Having started flying when I was 20, I became quickly accustomed to wearing my seat belt and feel uncomfortable without it. When flying professionally, we're only required to wear the shoulder harness portion of our 5-point seat belt during taxi, takeoff and landing. Over 90% of pilots release their shoulder harness on climbout. Mostly out of comfort, but also to keep their shirts clean (white shirt, dirty black seat belt straps).

I know of one fatality due to a person not wearing his shoulder harness in an otherwise survivable crash. I also know where a captain was severely injured because he wasn't wearing his shoulder harness per regulations upon landing...which he fucked up and ended in the weeds.

I always wore my full harness unless I couldn't such as leaving to pee, opening the door, etc.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-08-2021)

19. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Not necessary. The One-Size-Fits-All approach to seatbelts is a problem especially for short/younger people and women, who often don't wear collared shirts and, therefore, the belt rubs on bare skin. There are accessories of alleviate these problems.

Having started flying when I was 20, I became quickly accustomed to wearing my seat belt and feel uncomfortable without it. When flying professionally, we're only required to wear the shoulder harness portion of our 5-point seat belt during taxi, takeoff and landing. Over 90% of pilots release their shoulder harness on climbout. Mostly out of comfort, but also to keep their shirts clean (white shirt, dirty black seat belt straps).

I know of one fatality due to a person not wearing his shoulder harness in an otherwise survivable crash. I also know where a captain was severely injured because he wasn't wearing his shoulder harness per regulations upon landing...which he fucked up and ended in the weeds.

I always wore my full harness unless I couldn't such as leaving to pee, opening the door, etc.
    It has been determined that auto shoulder harness and seat belt combo is safer if constantly pulled taut. A spring retraction device continually pulls at it to accomplish this goal. That makes them uncomfortable.

I now refuse to drive any more than one hour at a time. Even if I am not feeling any particular discomfort, I will stop and take a break at least every hour if driving long distance. And that's actually a good thing. The human body needs to be in constant motion. Sitting still too long as bad for us.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Doc Dutch (03-08-2021)

21. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

It has been determined that auto shoulder harness and seat belt combo is safer if constantly pulled taut. A spring retraction device continually pulls at it to accomplish this goal. That makes them uncomfortable.

I now refuse to drive any more than one hour at a time. Even if I am not feeling any particular discomfort, I will stop and take a break at least every hour if driving long distance. And that's actually a good thing. The human body needs to be in constant motion. Sitting still too long as bad for us.
    Inertia reels are good at keeping the shoulder harness taut. If it's flawed, it should be repaired. Usually just cleaning and a little silicon greaseless spray.

A break every hour is a common recommendation. I'm not a fan of driving long distances, but have done so out of necessity. Audio books help along with breaks, even a quick leg stretch and back on the road. Up to last year, I had to make a 3 hour drive once a month (6 hours total). I usually took a break halfway. People should do what's safe and comfortable for themselves and their passengers.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (03-08-2021)