Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Trumps tax returns

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Ever since 1976, when Jimmy Carter became president, sitting presidents and vice presidents have released their tax returns each year they are in office.*
    By the time re-election rolls around, they have put at least four tax returns into the public record.
    https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...elease-10-or-/

* Until 2016 - 2020, when the 40-year-old custom was interrupted. But then, re-election didn’t “roll around” either.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-24-2021)

3. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    . Once those charges are filed, it's all public record. .
    nope....that would violate NY law and I do not expect any judge would do that.......sorry....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    nope....that would violate NY law and I do not expect any judge would do that.......sorry....
    Now you're just being stubborn to the point of insipidness....one of the reasons why I keep you in IA. Why you feel compelled to keep dogging my threads and posts with your proud stupidity gives me cause to think you should seek therapy.

You seem to have the right winger disease that prevents your cognitive reasoning skills to accept valid, documented facts....favoring instead your personal interpretation of reality. Here's what you're in denial of;

... the only way that the Trump financial records given to the grand jury will ever enter the public domain is if Vance’s office eventually brings criminal charges and includes the records, or portions of them, as evidence in a potential criminal complaint, which would be part of a public court filing.

... Trump’s legal team had sought to block a grand jury subpoena from Vance’s office for the former president’s records, including several years of his personal and corporate tax returns. But a Monday order from the nation’s highest court, with no noted dissents, rejected Trump’s latest and last available attempt to shield those records.

Since Trump has no further legal recourse to prevent Vance’s office from enforcing its subpoena seeking the records from Mazars USA, a failure to comply could result in the firm being held in contempt of court. Mazars has said in the past that the firm will comply with the final order of the court system.

Vance has made it quite clear he is going for criminal procedings pending a grand jury hearing. SCOTUS has ruled that once done, those tax records become public property for scrutiny. Any delay by Trump's accounting/law firms would be a contempt of court. The only question is how long all this will take.

So the SCOTUS have made their rulings, the NY courts will abide, and we are now waiting for a grand jury review/decision.

Now all you do is just ignore all the facts, leave out what you don't like and repeat your erroneous assertion. At that point, I just dump you back in IA....so you can have the satisfaction of having the last word. Carry on.
    Last edited by Taichiliberal; 02-24-2021 at 08:47 PM.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Now you're just being stubborn to the point of insipidness....one of the reasons why I keep you in IA. Why you feel compelled to keep dogging my threads and posts with your proud stupidity gives me cause to think you should seek therapy.

You seem to have the right winger disease that prevents your cognitive reasoning skills to accept valid, documented facts....favoring instead your personal interpretation of reality. Here's what you're in denial of;

... the only way that the Trump financial records given to the grand jury will ever enter the public domain is if Vance’s office eventually brings criminal charges and includes the records, or portions of them, as evidence in a potential criminal complaint, which would be part of a public court filing.

... Trump’s legal team had sought to block a grand jury subpoena from Vance’s office for the former president’s records, including several years of his personal and corporate tax returns. But a Monday order from the nation’s highest court, with no noted dissents, rejected Trump’s latest and last available attempt to shield those records.

Since Trump has no further legal recourse to prevent Vance’s office from enforcing its subpoena seeking the records from Mazars USA, a failure to comply could result in the firm being held in contempt of court. Mazars has said in the past that the firm will comply with the final order of the court system.

Vance has made it quite clear he is going for criminal procedings pending a grand jury hearing. SCOTUS has ruled that once done, those tax records become public property for scrutiny. Any delay by Trump's accounting/law firms would be a contempt of court. The only question is how long all this will take.

So the SCOTUS have made their rulings, the NY courts will abide, and we are now waiting for a grand jury review/decision.

Now all you do is just ignore all the facts, leave out what you don't like and repeat your erroneous assertion. At that point, I just dump you back in IA....so you can have the satisfaction of having the last word. Carry on.
    none of that changes the fact that NY law prohibits tax returns from being made public and a judge is not likely to ignore the law to satisfy your curiosity.......the judge will see them, the jury (if there is one) will see them........you will not........there will be no "public court filing" as your article mistakenly says.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

redfish (02-25-2021)

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

It is very likely that Trump's taxes will not become public in this court case. But the case may go badly for Trump. He bragged about avoiding taxes. Cohen got 3 years for helping him do it. How can Trump escape justice?

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 31 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    It is very likely that Trump's taxes will not become public in this court case. But the case may go badly for Trump. He bragged about avoiding taxes. Cohen got 3 years for helping him do it. How can Trump escape justice?
    ok, think about this for a few seconds. Trump's taxes get audited by the IRS every year, just like every other very rich person. If he was cheating don't you think the IRS would have found it? especially the IRS under Obozo.

Now, if this case results in his returns being made public, here is what will happen. Some media clown or some democrat moron will focus on one line on one page out of hundreds of pages, make up lies about what it means and dominate the fake news cycle for weeks.

but if tax return visibility is the goal, lets see the returns of every member of congress. Make them all public and let the voters decide who is cheating.

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by redfish View Post
    ok, think about this for a few seconds. Trump's taxes get audited by the IRS every year, just like every other very rich person. If he was cheating don't you think the IRS would have found it? especially the IRS under Obozo.

Now, if this case results in his returns being made public, here is what will happen. Some media clown or some democrat moron will focus on one line on one page out of hundreds of pages, make up lies about what it means and dominate the fake news cycle for weeks.

but if tax return visibility is the goal, lets see the returns of every member of congress. Make them all public and let the voters decide who is cheating.
    How quickly you forget that trump promised for 4 years to release his tax returns. There is a whole lot that the IRS doesn't know and once they put it all together, Trump has big problems ahead.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to floridafan For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-26-2021)

11. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 31 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by floridafan View Post
    How quickly you forget that trump promised for 4 years to release his tax returns. There is a whole lot that the IRS doesn't know and once they put it all together, Trump has big problems ahead.
    what doesn't the IRS know? and how do you know it? Trump has tax lawyers and accountants prepare his very complex returns and they are audited every year. How could he be hiding anything?

when the CNN clowns got his 2005 return, they could find nothing wrong with it.

He files in accordance with the federal tax code and takes advantage of every way to save taxes, just like you and I do. How is that ok for us but not for him?

I explained to you why he doesn't release his returns, second paragraph in post #66

12. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,427 Times in 53,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Awesome CNN breaking news:

"News Alert: Trump's tax returns and related records turned over to Manhattan district attorney
    Tax records that former President Donald Trump tried to keep secret for years are now in the hands of the New York district attorney.

"Prosecutors obtained the records on Monday, according to a source, just hours after the US Supreme Court denied Trump's last-ditch effort to keep the records private."
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Think about it. That is not true. If it were, Trump would have dumped them on NYCs desk at the first request. What Trump is doing is a coverup. Why would he coverup? Trump said he would release his taxes. He obviously lied about that over and over. What they got is a lot more than simple returns. They got an enormous amount of data. Trump fought viciously to keep them from getting to the legal system.
    Almost all politicians release their taxes nowadays. The point is that Trump did not.

14. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,916 Times in 6,548 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,882 Times in 1,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

what doesn't the IRS know? and how do you know it? Trump has tax lawyers and accountants prepare his very complex returns and they are audited every year. How could he be hiding anything?

when the CNN clowns got his 2005 return, they could find nothing wrong with it.

He files in accordance with the federal tax code and takes advantage of every way to save taxes, just like you and I do. How is that ok for us but not for him?

I explained to you why he doesn't release his returns, second paragraph in post #66
    Prove to us that he gets audited every year? You dont know what you are talking about, as usual.

15. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Default Trump's tax returns and related records turned over to Manhattan district attorney

Tax records that former President Donald Trump tried to keep secret for years are now in the hands of the New York district attorney.
    Prosecutors obtained the records on Monday, just hours after the US Supreme Court denied Trump's last-ditch effort to keep the records private, a spokesperson for the district attorney said.
    The millions of pages of documents, sources say, contain Trump's tax returns spanning from January 2011 to August 2019, as well as financial statements, engagement agreements, documents relating to the preparation and review of tax returns, and work papers and communications related to the tax returns.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/polit...nce/index.html

16. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,194 Times in 33,876 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Prosecutors obtained the records on Monday, just hours after the US Supreme Court denied Trump's last-ditch effort to keep the records private, a spokesperson for the district attorney said.
    The millions of pages of documents, sources say, contain Trump's tax returns spanning from January 2011 to August 2019, as well as financial statements, engagement agreements, documents relating to the preparation and review of tax returns, and work papers and communications related to the tax returns.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/polit...nce/index.html
    I bet they have some really good forensic accountants pouring over them!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Taichiliberal (02-26-2021), ThatOwlWoman (02-25-2021)

18. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    No doubt. They anticipated this for a long time.

19. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,427 Times in 53,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I hope that the fat nasty would-be tyrant is sweating his ass off and trying not to think of Al Capone. lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain