Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominion files $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit against MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

I hope all these Ass-Holes get taken down
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

evince (02-22-2021), ThatOwlWoman (02-22-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,856 Times in 8,415 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,290 Times in 2,172 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Dominion is unlikely to get anything from it. They'd have to prove that their company lost something close to that in sales because of Lindell's comments. That's incredibly unlikely. So, this is just Dominion trying to punish Lindell for talking smack about them. At best the court will find Lindell has to shut the hell up. But monetary damages require proving you were actually harmed monetarily. I doubt Dominion can do that.
    Foolish Mouth Lindell will have to defend himself, that alone will cost him plenty.
    Lock Him Up

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trumpet For This Post:

evince (02-22-2021)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

For punitive damages, you have to prove criminal or malicious intent after proving monetary damage. Aside from that, it is normally either codified in law when that will be awarded or the judge decides it should be awarded. It isn't something the plaintiff can directly sue for. So, it's a crap number.
    Wrong, I have actually sat on a jury in a case such as this, punitive damages are not dependent on criminal or malicious intent, not sure where you get that idea. In the case I sat on we heard all the plaintives' evidence and when the party being sued was supposed to present their defense they settled. It was a good thing they did, the jury was going to stick it to them and deservedly so.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

evince (02-22-2021)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,594 Times in 1,057 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 151 Times in 148 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Yes you do. Proving injury is a no brainer. Are you familiar with per se defamation? Maybe you should look it up.
    Plus they had to hire security for many of their employees and the damage to their reputation and future sales can and will be taken into account.

One thing I really like about what Dominion is doing is putting these big mouths in the position to either defend their words with facts or admit that they are nothing more than Liars, wondering how it will take before trump gets his paperwork notifying him that once again he is being sued.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CASPER For This Post:

Althea (02-22-2021), evince (02-22-2021), ThatOwlWoman (02-22-2021)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER View Post
    Plus they had to hire security for many of their employees and the damage to their reputation and future sales can and will be taken into account.

One thing I really like about what Dominion is doing is putting these big mouths in the position to either defend their words with facts or admit that they are nothing more than Liars, wondering how it will take before trump gets his paperwork notifying him that once again he is being sued.
    Yep. I'm not a lawyer, but this seems to clearly be per se defamation, they are accusing Dominion, with zero proof, of participating in a criminal conspiracy to commit massive voter fraud. I haven't seen the lawsuit, but I'll bet they are claiming per se defamation. As for punitive damages, TA doesn't have a clue. The JURY awards punitive damages, not the judge. And they have wide discretion to do so.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

CASPER (02-22-2021), evince (02-22-2021), Frank Apisa (02-22-2021), ThatOwlWoman (02-22-2021)

11. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Yes you do. Proving injury is a no brainer. Are you familiar with per se defamation? Maybe you should look it up.
    They'll have a hard time with that too since there are many, many people at various levels saying stuff about Dominion and their machines being hacked, operating incorrectly, etc. All Lindell would have to do to beat that is show those statements in court and ask why Dominion isn't suing every last one of those persons too. What I'm saying isn't a defense of what Lindell said, only that Dominion has a very steep hill to climb to prove defamation. Lindell can talk smack about Dominion right up until it hurts their bottom line, and they have to prove it did.
    For per se defamation, you still need fairly clear evidence that you will be hurt in the future by those statements. I don't think Dominion is faced with orders cancelled or customers saying they're going elsewhere at this point. There aren't very many companies making voting machines so it should be easy to prove or disprove future harm.

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They'll have a hard time with that too since there are many, many people at various levels saying stuff about Dominion and their machines being hacked, operating incorrectly, etc. All Lindell would have to do to beat that is show those statements in court and ask why Dominion isn't suing every last one of those persons too. What I'm saying isn't a defense of what Lindell said, only that Dominion has a very steep hill to climb to prove defamation. Lindell can talk smack about Dominion right up until it hurts their bottom line, and they have to prove it did.
    ROTFLMFAO!!!!! Go ahead and try that one in court. Just plain dumb. The lawyers would be laughed out of court if they actually tried to make such a claim. I can sue or not sue whoever the fuck I want to if they defamed me. And once again, you obviously don't understand per se. It means that the statement is so egregious that damages are assumed. You do not have to prove them. Can you read?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

evince (02-22-2021)

14. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

ROTFLMFAO!!!!! Go ahead and try that one in court. Just plain dumb. The lawyers would be laughed out of court if they actually tried to make such a claim. I can sue or not sue whoever the fuck I want to if they defamed me. And once again, you obviously don't understand per se. It means that the statement is so egregious that damages are assumed. You do not have to prove them. Can you read?
    What damages does Dominion suffer from statements so hyperbolic as to be obviously wrong? Lindell's claims are idiotic on their face. How is Dominion damaged by such nonsense?

15. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

What damages does Dominion suffer from statements so hyperbolic as to be obviously wrong? Lindell's claims are idiotic on their face. How is Dominion damaged by such nonsense?
    Their reputation is damaged. That's why it's called 'per se'. You know what 'per se' means, right? So, you admit that the statements are so hyperbolic that they are wrong? Can I assume that's your position? You don't believe the lies that are still being told by Trump and his cronies?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

evince (02-22-2021)

17. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,507 Times in 52,732 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

What link is that? I haven't posted a link hammerhead. Your link describes punitive damages. That's the bulk of what the defendants, especially Lindell, are most likely to end up paying if this goes to a jury.
    Um, he was posting to Gardner when he wrote that, not to you. Oops! lol
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For per se defamation, you still need fairly clear evidence that you will be hurt in the future by those statements. I don't think Dominion is faced with orders cancelled or customers saying they're going elsewhere at this point. There aren't very many companies making voting machines so it should be easy to prove or disprove future harm.
    Wrong. What other ppl are saying is inadmissible in court as hearsay. Lindell, in order to be successful, will have to provide valid evidence of doctored voting machines, as well as valid evidence of the alleged conspiracy to defraud the voters and corrupt the voting process. The burden will fall upon him to show that what he has been claiming is the truth. All Dominion has to show is 1) Lindell said ___ and ___ and ___, and 2) that his words caused the company harm (loss of sales, damaged reputation, threats to company employees, etc.)
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Althea (02-22-2021), Cypress (02-22-2021), evince (02-22-2021)

20. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Um, he was posting to Gardner when he wrote that, not to you. Oops! lol
    Well, with all the bullshit coming from him, its difficult to sort out what bullshit is directed at me. But that's burying the LEAD. Gardner admits the claims are obviously false. Maybe we're getting somewhere.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

evince (02-22-2021), ThatOwlWoman (02-22-2021)

22. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Wrong. What other ppl are saying is inadmissible in court as hearsay. Lindell, in order to be successful, will have to provide valid evidence of doctored voting machines, as well as valid evidence of the alleged conspiracy to defraud the voters and corrupt the voting process. The burden will fall upon him to show that what he has been claiming is the truth. All Dominion has to show is 1) Lindell said ___ and ___ and ___, and 2) that his words caused the company harm (loss of sales, damaged reputation, threats to company employees, etc.)
    And what's funny is that Lindell won't shut up. I wonder if PMP is representing him. His lawyer is incompetent.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

evince (02-22-2021)

24. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    better sell a few more pillows there Mikey!

Source: Axios

Dominion Voting Systems on Monday sued MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell for more than $1.3 billion in damages, alleging that the Trump ally exploited the baseless conspiracy theory that Dominion's voting machines rigged the election for Joe Biden to sell more pillows.

The big picture: Lindell is the latest Trump ally to face a multibillion-dollar lawsuit from Dominion or Smartmatic, another voting machine company subjected to a campaign of false claims about the election.

Pro-Trump lawyers Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani have each been sued by Dominion for $1.3 billion in damages.
    Earlier this month, Smartmatic sued Powell, Giuliani, Fox News and some of the network's top hosts for $2.7 billion.

Lindell, who received a cease-and-desist letter from Dominion in January, told Axios at the time: "I want Dominion to put up their lawsuit because we have 100% evidence that China and other countries used their machines to steal the election."....HAHAHA

What they're saying: "Lindell’s statements have exposed Dominion to the most extreme hatred and contempt. Lindell himself called it the “biggest crime ever committed in election history against our country and the world," Dominion wrote in its 115-page complaint.

https://www.axios.com/dominion-mike-...ecfeefb57.html
    Mike's plan is going well. Once it gets to court his evidence has to be heard.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

Wolverine (02-25-2021)

26. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And what's funny is that Lindell won't shut up. I wonder if PMP is representing him. His lawyer is incompetent.
    I'm shocked that the board of directors hasn't stifled him.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

evince (02-22-2021)